Please fix Temp Gauges

Greg310

Please for the love of God, fix the dang memory leak on the temperature gauges. I can't tell you how many times I've crashed because of this. Every time I forget to turn them off, or I actually need to troubleshoot a heat issue, BOOM KSP.EXE has stopped working. It's driving me crazy.

Turn off the edge highlighting. I'm lucky, my computer doesn't support it, so the temp gauges have never been a problem.

I can't believe my old Intel graphics macbook does, I came across the problem today when testing a biggish launcher, but f10 and it went away.

I'm sure they will fix it in the next update, but they are also working on big changes and personally, I'd rather they didn't rush them.

So meanwhile, run these fixer" mods;

Temperature-Gauge-Killer (does what it says on the tin)

Claw's Stock bug fix modules (with this you can enable/disable different fixes, plus you can enable some extra nice features like parachutes that don't clip into each other when deployed)

- - - Updated - - -

Can I add that the current temp gauges look really ugly IMO? They don't fit with the KSP UI at all, they're just randomly plopped on.

agreed, even if they didn't cause a mem-issue I'd disable them. Overheating should be something that's naturally visible....which it actually is for many parts so I'm really not sure why we need the gauges anyway. But I wouldn't mind some kind of audio warning for engine over-heats (would need be something you could adjust the threshold for though), useful for those long burns when you're focused on map mode and have no feedback for engine heat.