[1.9.x] Better Science Labs Continued

linuxgurugamer

On 2/20/2016 at 0:37 PM, Stone Blue said:

@linuxgurugamer  Any updates on this? Also, since this was hosted exclusively on KerbalStuff, which has recently shutdown, any chance to get this rehosted on its replacement site, SpaceDock.info ?

I think it's up on Curse, even if there isn't a link in the first post.

Here -> http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/241851-better-science-labs-continued#t1:other-downloads

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

@linuxgurugamer  Any updates on this? Also, since this was hosted exclusively on KerbalStuff, which has recently shutdown, any chance to get this rehosted on its replacement site, SpaceDock.info ?

It's on spacedock.info, I'm going to remove it from Curse

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you talking about your fork of the mod, or also removing cychotha's versions? if cychotha's, I vote for pleeze leaving them... I know some people still like to pay older versions of KSP... I for one still play 0.25 occasionally, and have 0.25 & 0.90 installs just for my son to play (easier aero & physics, stuff)... :)

Thanx for putting it up on SpaceDock, either way... :D

3 hours ago, riskyjubles said:

I think it's up on Curse, even if there isn't a link in the first post.

Here -> http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/241851-better-science-labs-continued#t1:other-downloads

Thanx... :)

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Are you talking about your fork of the mod, or also removing cychotha's versions? if cychotha's, I vote for pleeze leaving them... I know some people still like to pay older versions of KSP... I for one still play 0.25 occasionally, and have 0.25 & 0.90 installs just for my son to play (easier aero & physics, stuff)... :)

Thanx... :)

All my mods are on spacedock and are now available through CKAN

9 hours ago, Stone Blue said:
9 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can't and won't touch cychotha's versions.  Only mine. 

On 2/17/2016 at 11:53 PM, blnk2007 said:

Regarding "BSL-MPL-MK-1-CC-1". Is it intentional for this mobile lab to not have a hatch or is something bugged up in my game?

Regarding "BSL-MPL-MK-1-CC-1". Is it intentional for this mobile lab to not have a hatch or is something bugged up in my game?

On 2/25/2016 at 10:39 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Nope, it doesn't have a hatch.  If you have a command pod attached, you can install Crew Manifest and then transfer the kerbal to the command pod

I had to go into my save and edit the the command pod and mobile lab to have them have passable top and bottom nodes.

20 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

But the point is, that particular lab did not have hatches.  It's small one, designed to be used and accessed from another attached vehicle.

Whatever, I'm glad you fixed your problem

Yeah, I understand that now. Didn't know before I launched. It's all good and it's a great part!

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just an FYI, another way you could have solved your problem would be to install HyperEdit, and then hyperedit the craft to a landed state, and then recover

That would have been another good option.

• 2 weeks later...

An image album of these parts would be awesome.. A picture is worth a thousand words. Curiosity is going to get the best of me, and I am going to d/l it anyway.. Thanks for your effort and hard work in forking this.

On 3/9/2016 at 6:46 PM, Mr_Breeze said:

An image album of these parts would be awesome.. A picture is worth a thousand words. Curiosity is going to get the best of me, and I am going to d/l it anyway.. Thanks for your effort and hard work in forking this.

I second this notion, please. I too am downloading it anyway, this looks like a good mod.

On 3/9/2016 at 9:46 PM, Mr_Breeze said:

I agree. Pictures would be nice. What do the labs look like?

The new labs use existing models such as the Hitchhiker or Mk2 Crew Cabin, but with lab functionality. This way it is a very light install, but its all stuff you've seen before. It is compatible with quite a few parts mods too so if you have those you get even more labs.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, does anyone remember if older versions of this mod had a MK3 passenger module lab?  I took some time off of KSP and just started up again in anticipation of 1.1.  I distinctly remember one of the mods providing a jumbo lab that was just an MK3 passenger module with lab functionality.  It had capacity for 10 or 12 scientists and just used the standard textures and IVA - a bit lazy but I was using it for the core of a lot of my larger station builds.  I'd love to find that part again but haven't had any luck.

I could have sworn that is was part of this one.  Did it get removed at some point?

• 4 weeks later...

I am a bit confused to what this mod does. Does it just provide more Processing Lab shapes or also changes the behaviour (as it's called better science lab.. at least in My mind this means it changes the behaviour) but to what extend if so?

I wonder if this is properly compatible with dmagic stuff, mkerb science and co, I get weird errors sometimes (not in debug, just "no lab" stuff)

Also no I don't think this changes the behaviour, just offers more labs, mods that change the behaviour might not be compatible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.