[1.9.x] Better Science Labs Continued

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

this will keep them from getting put in those pods to begin with. 

I HATE WHEN THIS STUPID THING MERGES STUFF NOT RELATED>

anybody been seeing NRE's with the science labs? 

i don think it this mod since this is pretty much just cosmetic.  

Spoiler

[ERR 13:47:52.457] Exception handling event onPartActionUICreate in class ModuleScienceLab:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () [0x00000] in <3e135473f56a45478d738eb041ebd6cb>:0 
  at ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (Part p) [0x00025] in <3e135473f56a45478d738eb041ebd6cb>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <3e135473f56a45478d738eb041ebd6cb>:0 

[EXC 13:47:52.460] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleScienceLab.updateModuleUI () (at <3e135473f56a45478d738eb041ebd6cb>:0)
    ModuleScienceLab.onPartActionUI (Part p) (at <3e135473f56a45478d738eb041ebd6cb>:0)
    EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) (at <3e135473f56a45478d738eb041ebd6cb>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(Part)
    UIPartActionWindow:CreatePartList(Boolean)
    UIPartActionWindow:Setup(Part, DisplayType, UI_Scene)
    UIPartActionController:CreatePartUI(Part, DisplayType, UI_Scene)
    UIPartActionController:SelectPart(Part, Boolean, Boolean)
    UIPartActionController:HandleMouseClick(Camera, Boolean)
    <MouseClickCoroutine>d__37:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Edited by COL.R.Neville

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Sorry to bother, but I am also getting the problem where the smaller pods don't have textures, just a grey blob. I did run the script as described on OP (Windows10) but nothing changed. I do have a lot of mods, including Restock and Restock +, which as I understand it might cause issues.

Thanks for any help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 5:00 PM, guto8797 said:

Hello!

Sorry to bother, but I am also getting the problem where the smaller pods don't have textures, just a grey blob. I did run the script as described on OP (Windows10) but nothing changed. I do have a lot of mods, including Restock and Restock +, which as I understand it might cause issues.

Thanks for any help!

Same configuration here, same problem. I've tried a few different things including changing the .restockwhitelist file, but no luck...

• 9 months later...

Looking at the config files, it looks like it wants to use texture files from depreciated stock parts. Since those parts are no longer in the game, there are no textures for these lab parts.

@octal9 @guto8797 @majNUN

This problem was solved 2 years ago, and mentioned prominently on the OP.

There are a couple of scripts in the mod directory:

• BashCopyTextures.sh    (for Linux & Macintosh)
  • Windows_CopyTextures.bat   (for Windows)

just double-click on the correct one for the OS you are running.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2021 at 1:58 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

@octal9 @guto8797 @majNUN

This problem was solved 2 years ago, and mentioned prominently on the OP.

There are a couple of scripts in the mod directory:

• BashCopyTextures.sh    (for Linux & Macintosh)
  • Windows_CopyTextures.bat   (for Windows)

just double-click on the correct one for the OS you are running.

@linuxgurugamer

Same problem. After running bat and copying the texture does not work

https://imgur.com/a/bypQ8w2

LOG: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DXMoN9_ontL6bA3gXSHOEhA079l6p2CX/view?usp=sharing

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

@linuxgurugamer, does BetterScienceLabsContinued work for 1.12? The title here says 1.9.x, but you've updated the version file for 1.12?

And when running

KSP: unmodded, 1.12.3

Better Science Labs Continued: 0.2.1, installed through CKAN

Error in KSP.log :

Line 4279: [ERR 14:49:42.287] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'BetterScienceLabsContinued/Squad/Command/Mk1-2Pod/model' as model does not exist
    Line 4281: [ERR 14:49:42.287] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
    Line 4283: [ERR 14:49:42.287] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
    Line 4285: [ERR 14:49:42.287] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part
    Line 4300: [ERR 14:49:42.425] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackSphere/model' as model does not exist
    Line 4302: [ERR 14:49:42.425] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly
    Line 4304: [ERR 14:49:42.425] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model
    Line 4306: [ERR 14:49:42.425] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

6 minutes ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

@linuxgurugamer, does BetterScienceLabsContinued work for 1.12? The title here says 1.9.x, but you've updated the version file for 1.12?

And when running

KSP: unmodded, 1.12.3

Better Science Labs Continued: 0.2.1, installed through CKAN

Error in KSP.log :

There is a script in the directory you have to run.   It's documented in the OP, I'll copy it here:

IMPORTANT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for 1.7 and later

In 1.7, the Mk1-2 pod has been deprecated, moved into the zDeprecated directory, and are not directly accessible during loading.

To address this, I've provided a pair of scripts, one to be used on Windows and the other to be used on both Linux & OSX.  These only need to be run one time

Windows Instructions

1. Open the BetterScienceLabsContinued folder in Windows Explorer
  2. Double-click on the file Windows_CopyTextures.bat (note that on most systems, you won't see the .bat)

Linux & OSX Desktop Instructions

• Open the BetterScienceLabsContinued folder Desktop 
  • Double-click on the file:  BashCopyTextures.sh

Linux & OSX Terminal Instructions

1. Change to the GameData/BetterScienceLabsContinued directory
  2. Type the following:
        bash BashCopyTextures.sh

Wow, thank you for the near instantaneous reply! Executing the .bat got rid of those error messages.

Instead I get this error message instead:

KSP.log

[LOG 15:26:13.901] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BetterScienceLabsContinued/Parts/Squad/Parts/BSLsnackprobe/BSLsnackprobe/BSLsnackprobe'
[ERR 15:26:13.902] PartCompiler: Cannot clone model 'Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackSphere/model' as model does not exist

[ERR 15:26:13.902] PartCompiler: Model was not compiled correctly

[ERR 15:26:13.902] PartCompiler: Cannot compile model

[ERR 15:26:13.902] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

Can this one be ignored then, @linuxgurugamer?

Edited by FasterThanFlourite

3 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

Wow, thank you for the near instantaneous reply! Executing the .bat got rid of those error messages.

Instead I get this error message instead:

KSP.log

Can this one be ignored then, @linuxgurugamer?

for now, looks like there may be another missing model, I'll have to look at it later

• 4 months later...

Hiya @linuxgurugamer, thanks for all you do for the KSP mod community!  This isn't a vitally important question, but I'm curious, does your Space Tux Library overlap with functions in SpacetuxSA, or do they do different things?  I already have the Library installed as a dependency of several of the very many mods you keep alive, but CKAN is telling me Better Science Labs requires SpacetuxSA and warning me it isn't compatible with 1.12.3.  I'm about to override CKAN and tell it to install it anyway, I was just wondering.

10 hours ago, Nizrael said:

Hiya @linuxgurugamer, thanks for all you do for the KSP mod community!  This isn't a vitally important question, but I'm curious, does your Space Tux Library overlap with functions in SpacetuxSA, or do they do different things?  I already have the Library installed as a dependency of several of the very many mods you keep alive, but CKAN is telling me Better Science Labs requires SpacetuxSA and warning me it isn't compatible with 1.12.3.  I'm about to override CKAN and tell it to install it anyway, I was just wondering.

Two different things.  SpacetuxSA is the space agency, the library are some utility DLLs.  Ignore the incompatibile warning for that, it is ok, and I just updated the spacedock listing, which should fix that warning soon

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 8/15/2022 at 9:12 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Two different things.  SpacetuxSA is the space agency, the library are some utility DLLs.  Ignore the incompatibile warning for that, it is ok, and I just updated the spacedock listing, which should fix that warning soon

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, the CKAN descriptions don't make the distinction between the two clear, though I see now I could have spared you the bother if I had bothered to look at the readmes on Github before asking.  Lesson learned!  Again, thank you so very much for your efforts keeping all these great mods alive!

45 minutes ago, Nizrael said:

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity, the CKAN descriptions don't make the distinction between the two clear, though I see now I could have spared you the bother if I had bothered to look at the readmes on Github before asking.  Lesson learned!  Again, thank you so very much for your efforts keeping all these great mods alive!

no problem, enjoy the mod

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.