1.05 Delta V map

mrmcp1

Here is my version of a delta V map for 1.05

7lRt6TN.png

In order to use this map you add up all of the numbers between you and your destination e.g. to get to Duna from low Kerbin orbit will take 950+ 110+ 370= 1430 m/s of Delta V

The map is only an approximation and you can make do with less Delta V but I would recommend having more than the chart suggests.

I did not do the calculations for that I used two different charts:

One chart was made back in 2013 by @SkyRender and was used for most of the in orbit values.

The other chart was @Kowgan who credited the following in his thread: @JellyCubes WAC,  CuriousMetaphor, @swashlebucky and AlexMooon. This chart was used for the in atmosphere numbers. 

I hope you find this useful.

Edited by mrmcp1
update for 1.05

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your dV map is very simplified; I would recommend not displaying moons because, those figures aren't exact. It's very visible for Jool sub-system. You don't need to circularize in low Duna orbit to go to Ike. You should display intercepts/capture and low orbit.

1 hour ago, Warzouz said:

Your dV map is very simplified; I would recommend not displaying moons because, those figures aren't exact. It's very visible for Jool sub-system. You don't need to circularize in low Duna orbit to go to Ike. You should display intercepts/capture and low orbit.

Thanks or the feedback. If I was to do it again I would include those figures. I personally find it useful because I am terrible at getting gravity assists and aero capture so I am not too concerned about efficiency. At some point I may come back to it and include other features such as intercept, capture and low orbit.   

@mrmcp1, even you don't use gravity assists (which I don't do either, except on rare occasions), you still don't circularize at low Jool orbit if you want do go to Tylo. You do a minimal capture burn (elliptic orbit) and get an encounter with the moon.

Capture figures is not abour gravity assists. If you do gravity assist you can even save more fuel.

Just now, Warzouz said:

@mrmcp1, even you don't use gravity assists (which I don't do either, except on rare occasions), you still don't circularize at low Jool orbit if you want do go to Tylo. You do a minimal capture burn (elliptic orbit) and get an encounter with the moon.

Capture figures is not abour gravity assists. If you do gravity assist you can even save more fuel.

Thanks, I had not thought of it like that. 

On 3/24/2016 at 1:01 PM, Warzouz said:

Adding on to this, going direct from one moon to another can save even more fuel, For instance, I can go from Mun to Ike and back for just a little over half the DV the maps suggest. But of course there's not an easy way to put that into a map...

Best,
-Slashy

7 minutes ago, Frank_G said:

Wow... 8.000 dV to return from Eve? Back in ye olde days, it was close to 12.000... this means, a much smaller lander can be used. Awesome! Thanks a lot!

I think it can be done for less than 7000m/s

3 hours ago, GoSlash27 said:

Adding on to this, going direct from one moon to another can save even more fuel, For instance, I can go from Mun to Ike and back for just a little over half the DV the maps suggest. But of course there's not an easy way to put that into a map...

Best,
-Slashy

Thanks, I think the only way to make a map like that would be separate ones starting from each body. Out of interest was that an approximation from your experience or did you calculate it?

2 hours ago, Warzouz said:

I think it can be done for less than 7000m/s

There are some quite large DV margins built in so pilots who aren't very good (like me) should be able to make it. 

Edited by mrmcp1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.