KScale2 1.2.2.3 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

Kopernicus for 1.0.5 is out! Paging PaulKingTiger! :)

I also noticed when checking up on ye olde career mode crash bug with the survey contracts, that it was marked as "possibly fixed" recently and closed. That would be great news, because it eliminates the need for the workaround that makes survey contracts spawn absurdly far away from the space center.

[quote name='stevehead']If anyone uses my Outer Planets Mod compatibility config, as a heads up with the latest version of Kopernicus, the rings are not scaling properly.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I've been looking for something like this config. I'm in love with OPM and TransKeptunian mods and been thinking about more difficult game with rescaled planets. Hope you will solve the rings scaling issue.

• 2 months later...

I'm loving this mod so far. Pairing it with KIS/KAS, TAC LS, and RLA stockalike makes for a very satisfying career!

E: So it looks like the TAC build aid isn't synced with the MET/maneuver node system, it's not off by a huge amount but sadly enough to strand the Big Three on Gilly with 80 days of food left... I planned the mission by using maneuver nodes and looking at the time to SOI change, accounted for the time spent waiting for the Eve-Kerbin transfer, as well as 100d of fudge factor.

Edited by KerbonautInTraining

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/27/2016 at 5:59 PM, Paul Kingtiger said:

Updated to KSP 1.1

KScale2 now uses Sigma Dimensions to handle all the coding.

Do I need to download Sigma Dimensions as a separate mod?  I can't get this, or 64K, to work at all, either with or without the OPM packs installed.  Nothing seems to be resized in the system.  I have also reinstalled Kopernicus over the top of everything again, as I saw you had an issue with the wrong version of Kopernicus being bundled.  

I've recently reinstalled this game (in 1.1) and I've noticed something kind of odd.  The mod is installed, and I do notice it takes me more m/s to get into a low orbit (as it should).  But... when I look at the actual specs of the planets and moons, none of their dimensions appear to have changed.  The moon is still 12 megameters away, Kerbin is still 600 km in radius.  Is this normal?  Does the mod change the distances but none of the actual indicator numbers get changed?   Or is it supposed to change, and thus there would be a problem with my install.

Also, I know this might be asking a lot, but... has anyone managed to make a deltaV map of the Kscale2 solar system?

Edited by PTNLemay

On 5/4/2016 at 2:38 PM, PTNLemay said:

I've recently reinstalled this game (in 1.1) and I've noticed something kind of odd.  The mod is installed, and I do notice it takes me more m/s to get into a low orbit (as it should).  But... when I look at the actual specs of the planets and moons, none of their dimensions appear to have changed.  The moon is still 12 megameters away, Kerbin is still 600 km in radius.  Is this normal?  Does the mod change the distances but none of the actual indicator numbers get changed?   Or is it supposed to change, and thus there would be a problem with my install.

Also, I know this might be asking a lot, but... has anyone managed to make a deltaV map of the Kscale2 solar system?

This may be what is occurring in my install too, but it certainly doesn't seem like the Mun is further away.

It looks like I discovered the lost city on Atlantis http://imgur.com/3Zs6N5p. I really don't know what I did wrong http://imgur.com/GSlz47M. Maybe I should try that thing where you close your eyes for an extended period of time. Iv'e installed and uninstalled pretty much everything with a plug in. I'm out of ideas.

EDIT: The reason I ask here is this looks like a scaling issue to me. idk

Edited by Genolution

Installing from CKAN doesn't work. I tested on a fresh install and just installed kscale2 from CKAN.  It installed kscale2, kopernicus and module manager.  What did work though was to uninstall kscale2 and kopernicus using ckan, install Sigma Dimensions manually, reinstall kscale2 and kopernicus via ckan, and finally delete all the modulemanager.* files (except the dll) from the gamedata directory.  This seems to force module manager to reapply all the patches.  I think the problem is that ckan doesn't have sigma dimensions yet.

Edited by TheMunRules#1

Hello,

Regarding the questions above about the mod not appearing to work, it sounds like there is an installation issue.
I don't think Sigma Dimensions is on CKAN at the moment, which could be causing the issue.

I have updated the installation instructions in the OP and in the download which should help everyone get the instal working.  If you've got it right, you'll see the Radius updated in the map view.
KScale2.png?psid=1

I got it to work properly and am having a blast playing through a career. I was overjoyed when i attempted to make orbit and failed. SVE works well with this scale. I find myself hitting the screen shot button a lot more often than before. I dont think I can ever go back to stock scale again. Thanks Paul. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've found a small issue: With Kscale2 installed, Ike and Duna are no longer tidally locked to one another. Ike is still tidally locked to Duna, but in orbit a little too high, so it does not remain stationary above Duna.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm sorry if I've asked this already, but would you consider doing a 3.2x config? 2x is just a little too easy, in my opinion. There actually was a mod that did this, but it's out of date and abandoned if I'm not mistaken. If you do decide to take this on, please consider that cranking all the distances to 3.2x will put some satellites out of their parent body's SOI, so perhaps some tasteful fudging of the numbers would be called for in those cases. Gilly, for instance, or possibly Minmus.

I am loving the 2x scale, don't get me wrong, but I feel like sometimes it's not quite enough, and 6.4x is way too much. Either way, thanks for all your awesome work!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this mod, it brings the necessary balance when playing with real fuels (stock-alike config feels over-powered).

Unfortunately, it does not seem to work with 1.1.3 at the moment. :(

Edit: I downloaded the last version of Kopernicus and now it's working in 1.1.3, awesome!

Edited by Kahuette

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.