KScale2 1.2.2.3 16th April 2017

Paul Kingtiger

I see that there’s a problem with RemoteTech config file in KScale2.
Ranges are multiplied by 4 instead of 2:
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:Final
{
@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
{
@Mode0DishRange *= 2
@Mode1DishRange *= 2
@Mode0OmniRange *= 2
@Mode1OmniRange *= 2
}
}

This multiplies parts by 2.

RangeMultiplier = 2

This once again by 2… need to keep one or the other (I think that module manager snipped should be removed).

On 7/18/2016 at 4:22 PM, Arivald Ha'gel said:

I see that there’s a problem with RemoteTech config file in KScale2.
Ranges are multiplied by 4 instead of 2:
@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna],!MODULE[ModuleCommand]]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]:Final
{
@MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna]
{
@Mode0DishRange *= 2
@Mode1DishRange *= 2
@Mode0OmniRange *= 2
@Mode1OmniRange *= 2
}
}

This multiplies parts by 2.

RangeMultiplier = 2

This once again by 2… need to keep one or the other (I think that module manager snipped should be removed).

Thanks for letting me know, it's now fixed.

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, AlphaKerman said:

Will this mod updated to 1.2? Sorry, just asking for that 

This is just a configuration for SigmaDimensions and Kopernicus.  If you replace the included Kopernicus and ModuleFlightIntegrator with the current versions of those mods for 1.2, and install SigmaDimensions for 1.2, it *should* work. 

KScale64 works by doing that.

Edited by RoboRay

23 minutes ago, RoboRay said:

This is just a configuration for SigmaDimensions and Kopernicus.  If you replace the included Kopernicus and ModuleFlightIntegrator with the current versions of those mods for 1.2, and install SigmaDimensions for 1.2, it *should* work. 

KScale64 works by doing that.

Wow, my dear. Haha, it works! Changed everything except  KScale64 folder with 1.2 version and its working. Thanks mate! ^_^

*not bad for a mod rookie =D

On 22/05/2016 at 7:09 PM, Voodoomancer said:

I think I've found a small issue: With Kscale2 installed, Ike and Duna are no longer tidally locked to one another. Ike is still tidally locked to Duna, but in orbit a little too high, so it does not remain stationary above Duna.

If I crunched it correctly, the easiest way to fix it would be to slow down Duna rotation by square root of 2 (1.4142136). I wonder what precision would it take to be reasonably static.

Edited by Psycho_zs

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, Paul Kingtiger said:

Mod updated for 1.2.2

This will be the last update I publish for this mod, there are now lots of great resize mods out now and I don't have the time to keep Kscale up to date.

The mod is public domain so feel free to use the files for whatever you like.

Thank you! This is honestly my favorite size to play with. It's the best size for making stock rockets fun to build and fly!

• 1 month later...

@Paul Kingtiger Hey, you're an awesome mod maker. Do you have a version that makes the stock system the size of the real star system but not changes anything else? Like kerbin is 11 times smaller than Earth, do you have a mod that makes it Earth scale, a mod called 11 scale or something? I really wanna play stock with andromeda's visual overhaul before starting RSS because 1.3 may be out soon, and I wanna have the simplicity of stock but the size of the real solar system because I like planets taking up most of my screen while in low orbit, it just feels rights, you're the only guy I've seen so far making simple rescaling, if you got a real scale version or could make one it would really mean a lot to me. Great work, keep it up. 

3 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

@Paul Kingtiger Hey, you're an awesome mod maker. Do you have a version that makes the stock system the size of the real star system but not changes anything else? Like kerbin is 11 times smaller than Earth, do you have a mod that makes it Earth scale, a mod called 11 scale or something? I really wanna play stock with andromeda's visual overhaul before starting RSS because 1.3 may be out soon, and I wanna have the simplicity of stock but the size of the real solar system because I like planets taking up most of my screen while in low orbit, it just feels rights, you're the only guy I've seen so far making simple rescaling, if you got a real scale version or could make one it would really mean a lot to me. Great work, keep it up. 

Just use Sigma Dimensions. 

On 5/25/2017 at 2:28 AM, The-Doctor said:

I don't have a mod that creates that scale, but there are a few others out there, I believe they are 10x scale not 11, but close enough.

As has been said Sigma dimensions is really easy to use, you should be able to change a KScale config file yourself to work at any scale you like with the minimal of technical knowledge.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded and installed this, sigma and MFI 2 times. Doesn't seem to work ( the Set orbit widget is at 68750 for kerbin not 130000 like it was) so I don't think it's working, yet has in the past on this install. Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hllrp1nlqp21e26/Kerbin.Body.log?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rj2rv3zy7yvj70/KSP.log?dl=0 https://www.dropbox.com/s/6eyex4u2ivy8d9t/Kopernicus.log?dl=0

Gamedata: http://imgur.com/a/ETlDo

Edited by Kerbal01

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.