Raidernick's Historical Rockets, Probes and Stations

Probus

It's called Persistent Rotation, and it works with 1.04.

Awesome! don't know how I missed that...this should be standard I would think...still incredibly hard to point in the right direction and spin right for the TLI burn.....

They eat A LOT of RAM :) . If you try and run all of them, your KSP will crash during load very quickly. Be very selective. Even when using Win64, I struggle using all of them with some visual mods, as I only have 8GB RAM.

Most of them are very detailed, so they also eat a lot of CPU when on your active vessel.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me out with a couple of issues.

1. Where are the rest of the solar panels? I installed via CKAN and only have the Salyut 1 (l/R) panel, The soyuz and Almaz panels. Where are the ones from the later salyut stations like in the pictures?

2. Related to the above. Upon building the Salyut 1 station in the VAB, I cannot get the solar panels to attach properly on the top of the station on Salyut 1. The L and R panels attach fine to the base near the engine pod but on the top below the docking port as on the real Salyut 1, the wont attach to the surface. They attach, but they are hovering above the skin of the station. I'd post a pic of this but im at work and cant. The only way ive been able to get them to attach to the actual surfact (at surface level ) is to slowly slide them upwards until they drop to the skin of the station but at that point, they are mounted way way way too high up on the station. It seems like a HIT BOX problem or something like that (not familiar with 3d modelling)

1. They are in the KOSMOS Folder which is installed when you get this Pack with CKAN.

2. You must work with the Offset-Tool in VAB.

OFFSET TOOL (damn i should have remembered that)

as for the Kosmos folder, it was installed by CKAN but those parts are not in my game. Ideas??

Are you playing career-mode? I think they come a little bit later in the Techtree.

Actually i had to add them to the tech tree via an addition to the *.cfg file. I checked in sandbox mode and they were there and i cheat unlocked all science and they were not. This prompted me to check the CFG files and found that they did not have a sci area assigned.

• 2 weeks later...
For the people that want the fairings to actually protect your payloads (like me) I made this cfg that adds Old School fairings module to the R7's fairings. Except for the Soyuz fairings because they need to be "open" so the LES will work and your kerbals can [s]die another day[/s] survive a rocket explosion.

It needs the amazing [url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/132343-1-0-4-Old-School-Fairings/page6]Old School Fairings[/url] made by Felbourn and [url=http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55219-1-0-x-Module-Manager-2-6-7-(August-4th)-With-more-SHA256]Module Manager[/url] mods :)
[spoiler=Module manager code for Old School fairings][CODE]
//cfg file made by Marcelo Silveira

@PART[luna_fairing,*i_fairing*,*voskhod_fairing_*,*vostok_fairing_*,sputnik*_nosecone]:FOR[OSFairings]
{
@description ^= :$: Has OSFairing module.

@MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
{ @name = ModuleFairingDecoupler }

MODULE
{ name = AeroHider }
}
[/CODE][/spoiler]

But if you want the fairings to have a more "stock-ish" module [s]Raidernick would have seizures with that[/s], no worries! There's a patch for you too!:D
So far I only made for Molnyia, but the procedure is the same for other fairings.
[spoiler=Stock fairing module][Code]
@PART[r7_adapter_blok_i_m]
{
MODULE
{ name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides = 90
nArcs = 2
TextureURL = RN_R7/master/B FAIRING M 1

panelGrouping = 1
pivot = 0,0.32688,0 //0.4086*0.80
axis = 0,1,0

baseRadius = 0.9984 //1.248*0.80
maxRadius = 1.2 //1.5*0.80
capRadius = 0.4
snapThreshold = 0.2

xSectionHeightMin = 0.1
xSectionHeightMax = 8

edgeSlide = 0.05
edgeWarp = 0
noseTip = 0.2

UnitAreaMass = 0.03
UnitAreaCost = 6
}
MODULE
{ name = ModuleCargoBay
DeployModuleIndex = 0
closedPosition = 0
lookupRadius = 1

// nodeOuterAftID = bottom
// nodeInnerAftID = top
}
}
[/CODE][/spoiler]

Q: Can I use install both patches?
A: Eeyup, no problem in having both patches at the same time.

Q: Can I use both fairings, procedural and Old School, on the same rocket?
A: Yes you can, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Q: Will you expand this patch to the other fairings like progress and proton?
A: maybe. I won't promiss anything

• 2 weeks later...