[1.3.0] Solaris Hypernautics v0.5.5- latest virtual particle technology!

Carbonjvd

What should be put into the next updates?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What should be put into the next updates?

• Bigger badder engines
    • More powerful resource parts
    • Tweak what's already there

Current Version v0.5.5

Solaris Hypernautics is proud to bring you the very latest in virtual particle tech!

This a parts pack that takes the all parts of the venerable Ion Hybrid Electric Pack, http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/31286-0-22-Ion-Hybrid-Electric-Pack-30-08-13-Soon-FKSP!!!-See-Development-Monitor, and reimagines them in the next generation propulsion devices that use virtual particles! Now we've expanded our line of technology and engines to include adaptations of Nazari1382's Aurora Atomic Thruster part, nil2work's Retro Future Planes parts, dtobi's Asteroid Cities parts, and various of Zzz's parts.

This shows all the parts the mod used to only have, it currently has a full set of comprehensive components.

C09349900C3B54F79F010FE4EA4AAC1CB7449E41

Long ranged designed for high speed aerocaptures, the Fafner Descent Vessel.

34725A2B76299D1DB97A214665249F5BAD5AF061

CRAFT FILE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://kerbalx.com/Carbonjvd/Fafner-Descent-Vessel

Massive IPV meant to transport small vessels and modules within its cargo bays to any destination. Can even function as a mobile operations station and refueler, the Armetis IPV.

335EA161FB107CD5AFF1C74B0AEAFB316ED0C28A

CRAFT FILE DOWNLOAD LINK: http://kerbalx.com/Carbonjvd/Armetis-IPV

So what do these tiny particles have to offer when I already have nuclear engines and warp drives?

Well, for one these babies don't require the power budget of a small country, though plenty of power is still advised.

These drives don't use exhaust so you'll never have to worry about accidently blasting away those fragile solar panels!

Electricity is the only thing you need to keep the whole system running, so no more running out of fuel or need for mining!

How do I use this crazy new technology?!

Easy as one-two-three!

One: Generate them via a Virtugenic (and a lot of power).

Two: Store it in a Stasis Tank.

Three: Propel your ship with it!

Told you it's as easy as one-two-three!

I heard that you've expanded beyond virtual particles, what else is there?!

Glady you asked! We now also have a wide range of parts that utilize the exotic reaches of magnetic fields and dust, yes dust! Our scientists and witch doctors have devised ways to make dust useful like getting xenon out of it or compressing it into ore, which is actually useful. For our line of magnetic fields research, mostly from our bored co-workers playing with the fridge magnets in the break room, we've figured out how harness their power as an ablative to keep systems cool! How cool is that?! Thanks to some serious work with an unmentioned scientist, we've devised even more ways to get power from various resources, nuclear power here we come!

I'm sold, so what parts does this pack actually have?

Passive Intakes for collecting compressed atmosphere.

Huge Docking Port for connecting really big ships.

Nuclear Fuel Tanks for holding blutonium.

Industrial Nuclear Facilities for refining ore into blutonium.

Advanced Grabbers for more options to attach to asteroids.

Stasis Tanks for storing virtual particles.

Virtugenics for generating virtual particles using lots of power.

Kannae Drives for moving vessels and probes using only virtual particles and some serious power.

Side Adaptor for attaching things on the side.

Virtual Ore Reactors for powering things from ore and virtual particles, the bigger one even has a backup reactor that uses xenon instead of ore.

Catalytic Engines for higher thrust rocket propulsion and the ability to draw dust from any atmosphere.

Magnetic Drag Array for atmospheric entry with huge vessels, uses its magnetic charge as an ablative, has a built-in SAS system and cooling system.

Nuclear Jet Engines for travel through an atmosphere without having to worry about needing oxygen.

Retro-Propulsive Unit for a heat shield and an engine all in one part, uses it magnetic charge as an ablative.

Nuclear Plasma Engine for when need the absolute biggest space borne propulsion using liquid fuel and electricity.

Ionic Plasma Thruster for when don't need a monster engine, but a modest propulsion using liquid fuel and electricity.

Magnetic Cooling Unit for dropping the temperature at the cost of power, perfect for fighting overheating.

Virtual Dust Containment Tanks for storing dust and virtual particles, though the compression requires constant power or it'll leak virtual particles.

Spherical Dust Tanks for storing dust and only dust.

Dust Accumulator for gathering dust in any environment over time, but requires constant power to keep the magnetic trapping field up.

Dust Processing Unit for extracting xenon from dust or compressing dust into ore, both using a lot of power at the risk of slight overheating.

Nuclear Reactors for using ore and a bit of electricity to produce a ton of power, but it tends to overheat so make sure to use the built-in cooling system that also takes power.

Nuclear Forge for producing power like a reactor but can also transynthesize virtual particles directly into dust, also has a cooling system built-in.

Thermal RCS for maneuvering massive ships without then need for an army of normal RCS thrusters.

Spectrometer for getting an area's composition to get some juicy science.

Virtugenic Refinery for processing dust into more ore and converting dust into virtual particles.

Dust Ring for higher speed drawing in of dust.

Solar Wind Panel for truely passive dust collection from the Sun.

Micropulsed Magnetic Drive for high efficiency burst of acceleration at the cost of endurance.

Zurbin Nuclear Drive for massive propulsion on par with the Indominus in and out of the atmosphere.

Gallery of Parts and Usage Details

http://imgur.com/a/TFdao#0

PRIMARY DOWNLOAD: http://spacedock.info/mod/187/Solaris%20Hypernautics

CURSE DOWNLOAD: https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/solaris-hypernautics

CKAN AVAILABLE: YES

Development Thread

Licensing

The contents of this pack are licensed as GPLv3.

Zzz parts are licensed as Public Domain.

Recommended Mods

Module Manager 2.6.2 or more

Integratable Mods

Engineering Tech Tree by Probus

Community Tech Tree by Nertea

THE ION-HYBRID PACK FOR CURRENT KSP IS OUT NOW

GO CHECK IT OUT:

Edited by Carbonjvd
Updated Finally to v0.5.5

IonHybrid used all stock resources will Solaris Hypernautics uses its own custom resource of virtual particles. The parts are the same, true, but each is or will be given additional functionality to give each part its own character. The virtual particles themselves have to be generated on-site or brought with you, so you don't have to mine them from an asteroid or planetary body. They work pretty well, but I'm probably biased! If you like them sweet, if not oh well. Enjoy it regardless!

i really like this mod! i have two questions:

1) when i turn on over drive mode (or whatever it's called), the engines overheat and explode very quickly. is there a way to radiate the heat away from the engines to they last longer without burning up? if so, do i need to attach the radiators directory to the engines, or just the stage?

2) the over drive mode can be manual or automatic. if automatic, when does it decide to switch?

hope these haven't been asked and answered somewhere else! thanks!

@dresoccer4

1) They're meant to overheat quickly, for balance reasons. I haven't tried the radiators yet, but if they work, go for it!

2) The automatic mode only does switches between modes when its current engine has run out of resources and the other mode has sufficient resources to work. Since both modes run off the same stuff, automatic won't do anything.

Hope that answers you're questions! And thanks for liking the mod!

Larger and more powerful engine/s are on the way in the next update or few. Tweakscale compatibility is something I'll have to look into. Working on a big part for the mod, so the next few ones won't be too much until its ready.

Larger and more powerful engine/s are on the way in the next update or few. Tweakscale compatibility is something I'll have to look into. Working on a big part for the mod, so the next few ones won't be too much until its ready.

This sounds good!

I have taken the liberty to scale some parts up and make them much more powerful, just for my own personal needs.

(no one is ever going to get their hands on those parts besides me. I hope that's ok for you)

I have noticed that if you put too many individual Virtugenic and Engine parts onto one ship, the game tends to CTD quite often or begins to stutter. (maybe it's just my computer)

So i like to use much less bit way bigger parts to propel my (rediculusly big) spaceships.

The biggest problem is power generation, but i think that's a wanted issue to prevent it becoming OP.

I'd suggest to put very big and powerful parts to endgame technology .

To whom it may concern, the mod has been updated and now includes 4 new engines by popular request! Included are two plasma engines, one small one and one massive one for hard core space travel, one retro-propulsive unit for an engine that doubles as a heat shield, and a thermonuclear scramjet!!! Enjoy everyone!

To whom it may concern, the mod has been updated and now includes 4 new engines by popular request! Included are two plasma engines, one small one and one massive one for hard core space travel, one retro-propulsive unit for an engine that doubles as a heat shield, and a thermonuclear scramjet!!! Enjoy everyone!

Thanks for the recent additions, very appreciated!

Please keep going!

Off Topic:

Licensing

The contents of this pack are licensed as GPLv3.

Zzz parts are licensed as Public Domain.

Are these parts from interstellar mod?

And does that mean everyone can use them for their own purposes?

Don't get me wrong, that's no criticism! I'm just curious because i have been toying with the idea of creating some little mod myself, but i'm awful in creating models and textures.

@Drelam Zzz produced those parts at request for the guy who made Interstellar, but the parts themselves were released into Public Domain. To my knowledge all his works were Public Domain.

Edited by Carbonjvd

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.