[WIP]Making BDArmory Work with DMP [IT'S ALIVE!]

dsonbill

PLEASE GO TO JEDIMINER'S THREAD FOR AN UPDATED VERSION OF THIS. THIS VERSION WILL NO LONGER BE UPDATED.

GO HERE: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130464-WIP-1-0-4-BDArmoury-DMP-Add-on

ORIGINAL VERSION BELOW

Source: https://github.com/dsonbill/BDDMP # License is CC0 - Public Domain

BDA Modified Fork: https://github.com/dsonbill/BDArmory/tree/hit-manager # License is CC-BY-SA. Source has been modified. Program by BahamutoD. This fork is not endorsed by the original mod authors.

The early stages...

Effect positions are now correct!

Effects and damage now obey the temporal laws of DMP physics!

Edited by dsonbill

I have no idea! :D

Also, thanks to DMP magic, this no longer requires a DMP server plugin.

Guard mode should work anyway. Espeically if theres only one player, its like the good old set up and pass the savefile, just in real time. Works in default DMP too.

Now, if another player loads the defenses... strange things happen. Generally, the defenses will respawn, the attacking craft will explode for no reason. So doing that (Sitting in your defenses or a craft in loading range of them) is basically cheating.

Guard mode should work anyway. Espeically if theres only one player, its like the good old set up and pass the savefile, just in real time. Works in default DMP too.

Now, if another player loads the defenses... strange things happen. Generally, the defenses will respawn, the attacking craft will explode for no reason. So doing that (Sitting in your defenses or a craft in loading range of them) is basically cheating.

It seems a bit funky, but I only did some preliminary testing - very fun though. I already kind of know what I need to do to fix it, though.

As another note, missiles and explosions are totally broken, and I may just be maintaining a fork of BahaTurret.dll - I'll let everyone know what happens soon. In the mean time, I'm going to work on adding control locks for the ai system - this will fix guard mode and controlling of other player's guns in spectate mode.

This will, however, reintroduce the requirement of a server plugin.

Edited by dsonbill

This will, however, reintroduce the requirement of a server plugin.

Anything to make it work. :P

For my experience we have been just 3 people with one hosting locally on computer anyway, should be no problem. (We all have powerful gaming PCs and several Megas of Internet though)

New Update!

Bullet effects are kind of working! I think things like the vulcan's effects might still be broken, but I need to do more research to really understand why my latest test failed.

Any way, the new video, with successful test results :)

New Update!

Bullet effects are kind of working! I think things like the vulcan's effects might still be broken, but I need to do more research to really understand why my latest test failed.

Any way, the new video, with successful test results :)

Good work! I'm pretty interested on this! Please let me know if I can help you with something :) . Either development or testing.

• 4 weeks later...
So do we just install this and we don't need BDArmory or we still need the original BDArmory mod along with this one?

You will still need BD Armory, this is a plugin mod to allow BD Armory to work with DMP.

I have begun development of my own fork, which is updated to the latest KSP version and now includes turret rotation synchronization.

Awesome! Feel free to take it over :)

The main reason I developed this to start with is because not many people really new how to make DMP plugins except us working on DMP (or never bother to try learning I guess?), and I felt it was just time for me to do it since it wasn't that hard. However, I've moved on to developing my own game and that's been taking up a lot of my free time.

If you need any help with DMP or with what I've done in the code, I'm generally hanging out in #DMP and #KSPModders. Again, thank you for putting work into the plugin!

Awesome! Feel free to take it over :)

The main reason I developed this to start with is because not many people really new how to make DMP plugins except us working on DMP (or never bother to try learning I guess?), and I felt it was just time for me to do it since it wasn't that hard. However, I've moved on to developing my own game and that's been taking up a lot of my free time.

If you need any help with DMP or with what I've done in the code, I'm generally hanging out in #DMP and #KSPModders. Again, thank you for putting work into the plugin!

Thanks, i just saw this and thought that it was something to get me back into development ,however will probably keep maintaining it if there is sufficient demand. I have also implemented laser synchronization for anybody wondering.

One thing though is DMP will occasionally dupe a craft when it is hit. Is this a DMP problem or a problem with the add-on?

EDIT: For anybody wondering, Tracer sync is live, and operational (however tracers will stick as the server occasionally drops messages)

Thanks, i just saw this and thought that it was something to get me back into development ,however will probably keep maintaining it if there is sufficient demand. I have also implemented laser synchronization for anybody wondering.

One thing though is DMP will occasionally dupe a craft when it is hit. Is this a DMP problem or a problem with the add-on?

EDIT: For anybody wondering, Tracer sync is live, and operational (however tracers will stick as the server occasionally drops messages)

Cool! Have you made a thread for the fork or is it too early to release?

i want to download this but this mega.nz thing wants me to down load it's installer. i just want the dam .zip please

regards

~crunch~

Please go to jediminder543's new thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/130464-WIP-1-0-4-BDArmoury-DMP-Add-on

The OP has been updated to reflect the change in maintainer/developer.

This thread will probably be closed to prevent any confusion/overlooked inquiries in the future.