RemoteTech- Flight Computer Bug

0EHJscX.jpg

I've encountered a bug or something with RemoteTech. Pictured here is a mission to Gilly, currently inbound to an Eve aerobrake/aerocapture. My Flight Computer has stopped working. When I issue a command, it is sent to the Flight Computer's queue. However, the actions are never executed, and my attempts to cancel the commands just pile onto the queue and sit there.

I would just ignore the Flight Computer and play it manually, but the Flight Computer is preventing me from using timewarp. When I try to increase timewarp, it automatically and immediately throttles the timewarp back to 1x in order to execute the next (instantaneous) command from the queue, but the command does nothing.

I suspect it may have something to do with the fact that I recently switched over from playing with time-delay to playing without time delay.

Is there a way to delete the Flight Computer's queue for this vessel in some config file somewhere? I looked around a bit, but I can't find where RemoteTech stores current Flight Computer commands. Or is there some other way to clear the queue?

Edited by NASAHireMe

Yeah, there's something odd going on there. The little place on your status display, where it says "Connected", really ought to have a time indicator instead (showing what the comm delay is for your craft). I've never seen the simple "Connected" message, but then, I've always played with the time delay on-- I'm guessing that's what it says when you have time-delay turned off?

So the fact that you switched seems like a likely culprit. Perhaps worth bringing up over on the RemoteTech thread:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305

Yeah, there's something odd going on there. The little place on your status display, where it says "Connected", really ought to have a time indicator instead (showing what the comm delay is for your craft). I've never seen the simple "Connected" message, but then, I've always played with the time delay on-- I'm guessing that's what it says when you have time-delay turned off?
...it's worth noting that that's, apparently, a crewed vessel. I can't see from this angle whether it actually has a command pod, but crewed vessels merely get "Connected" because they're piloted by the kerbals - locally.

Why he's using the Flight Computer, instead of piloting by hand... I don't know. Precision?

...it's worth noting that that's, apparently, a crewed vessel. I can't see from this angle whether it actually has a command pod, but crewed vessels merely get "Connected" because they're piloted by the kerbals - locally.

Why he's using the Flight Computer, instead of piloting by hand... I don't know. Precision?

I don't think it has a manned control pod. If the vessel had a manned control pod, the indicator should be yellow and read "local control". A green indicator indicates a probe with a KSC connection is controlling the vessel.

Problem solved. User Matt77 posted a similar problem several months ago, but his had to do with ScanSat.

RT stores flight computer commands in the save file, under Vessel= "Gilly Station" \\ FlightComputer Active Commands { command 1; command 2; etc }. I just deleted the commands in the brackets.

I've got a science lab and a hitchhiker storage unit, neither of which counts as a crewed command pod. And yeah, the "Connected" message is normal when playing without signal delay.

I never found the root cause of the problem. I tried reverting back to Signal Delay = True, but the queue was still frozen. Oh well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.