Devnote Tuesday: A big announcement

SQUAD

Oh, THIS is the devnotes? I thought the current KSP players would get some news.

Also,

Um. O...kay.

Did anybody actually want this, or is this just a case of "hey why not, maybe we'll make more money in the process"?

I didn't feel a burning desire for KSP to be on consoles.

This counts as a dev note?
Where's the Devnotes?
This!

Wheres the rest of the devnotes? And the reason it took you so long is because you had to post a pic??

Seriously, announcing it for PS4 deserves a post outside of devnotes.

THAT is the Dev Note? Ummm sorry but we do not care that you made a big cash deal for yourselves. This doesn't help PC players and more than likely will only hurt us.

Not empty quoting.

*headdesk*

Words cannot express my disappointment. Nothing on dealing with RAM issues? Heating overlay crashes? Heating issues? Klaw bugs? Multicore support? Unity 5? 64 bit?

Of all things, they pull THIS out of their hat. This isn't even worthy of an April Fools joke.

Guys chill out. Yes, the lack of a dev note is disappointing. But why get mad at SQUAD for releasing their game on a new platform? Yes, it is an opportunity for them to make money, but so what? It doesn't mean that they are gonna leave all us PC gamers in the dust.

Yeah this is a bit disappointing to hear. KSP is literally the last game I would see working on a console; its too technical, its too complex. I fly with a Xbox controller, but I would never ever ever want to do the rest of the game with it.

KSP isn't done yet, there's plenty left to do. We all know your team is very small, and frankly any time spent on a PS4 port feels like its being taken from your actual fanbase, your actual customers; to what? Join the multitudes chasing the console gamers?

It's sort of ironic that you announced this during the PC E3 showcase tonight. You guys should have been there announcing something new and awesome for your fanbase, to let us know you have plans going froward... not that you're looking elsewhere.

Don't know what else to say.

And there we have it ladies and gentlemen. Squad has officially reached the fanbase dissonance event horizon, where no hope for a proper handling of the post-release strategy for this game can ever possibly escape. Here we have a once promising game bursting with potential now hobbling along as a disparate hodge-podge of incomplete features, imbalanced gameplay, and inconsistent styling that is (mercifully) completely fixable by third party modification, and yet due to the limited vision of what can only reasonably be described as an exhausted and impatient corporate structure none of these highly sought after improvements and rebalances have or will ever likely be remarked upon with any commitment or ambition. I am now fully convinced that the future of KSP lays solely in your hands, modding community. As somebody who does not nor plans to ever own a Playstation 4, X-Bone, WiiWiggle or whatever they're calling it now, I honestly (and forgive me for my bluntness) could not give two flying ****s about KSP being on PS4. Why anybody thought this would be a good idea is likely to elude me for many months, before I inevitably give up the good crusade of hoping Squad will ever again release a bit of news that is even remotely in line with the general concensus of the community it was made for and just download 42 gigabytes of realism mods.

I give up, guys. I'm so tired, and broken... Goodnight.

Edited by tntristan12

From the last few months of devnotes, I knew that Max had been up to a lot of wheeling and dealing, but I didn't expect this.

I guess given the popularity of Minecraft on consoles I can kind of see why they chose to do this, but I'm not terribly happy about it since it will take away even more of the dev's attention from actually finishing the game on pc and the console version will most likely be inferior, especially when it comes to mod support.

Part of me wonders if this particular deal had something to do with the crazy rush to 1.0.

why is everyone complaining about them getting money. lol congrats on that squad. I'm worried this will ruin the game as they probably won't want the have different versions of the game for the different platforms.

why is everyone complaining about them getting money. lol congrats on that squad. I'm worried this will ruin the game as they probably won't want the have different versions of the game for the different platforms.

Well look at minecraft. PC is on what, 1.8.4 or something? And the console version is stuck at a dumbed down 1.3 version.

PC development didn't halt when they released console. And the console versions got a few updates also.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.