Wish list

Tim_the_Plumber

OK, I am not any sort of expert, I am just building up to a trip to Duna, but I have some requests;

1, Can the Kerbals wear different colour suits so you can see what sort, pilot, engineer or scientist they are.

2, The RCS system; I want it to be just for me to work. I don't want the damn thing to try to correct alignment that's what the gyros ae for!

3, My fuel mining station on Minimus keeps fling off into the vacume if I switch to it when the drills are down and working. Same thing happens when I come out of time compression. Any idea why?

4, Space planes; I don't mean the cool get's it's self up and down things. I am half way through the tech tree and don't have the good engines for that. So the ones I am using are just re-entry gliders. They need a normal rocket launch. The thing is they can't go on top. If I try that they just bend all over the place and the thing spins to death. So they have to be towed up. It's just not dignified! Don't really want a solution just wanted to have a moan about it....

5, The vernor engine things; Great on a big ship but on a little one they are just too powerful to use. Any chance of a 20% as strong version?

6, I think the cooling/heating thing keeps crashing the program.....

7, I'm sure there's more but...

Thanks...:)

OK, I am not any sort of expert, I am just building up to a trip to Duna, but I have some requests;

1, Can the Kerbals wear different colour suits so you can see what sort, pilot, engineer or scientist they are.

2, The RCS system; I want it to be just for me to work. I don't want the damn thing to try to correct alignment that's what the gyros ae for!

3, My fuel mining station on Minimus keeps fling off into the vacume if I switch to it when the drills are down and working. Same thing happens when I come out of time compression. Any idea why?

4, Space planes; I don't mean the cool get's it's self up and down things. I am half way through the tech tree and don't have the good engines for that. So the ones I am using are just re-entry gliders. They need a normal rocket launch. The thing is they can't go on top. If I try that they just bend all over the place and the thing spins to death. So they have to be towed up. It's just not dignified! Don't really want a solution just wanted to have a moan about it....

5, The vernor engine things; Great on a big ship but on a little one they are just too powerful to use. Any chance of a 20% as strong version?

6, I think the cooling/heating thing keeps crashing the program.....

7, I'm sure there's more but...

Thanks...:)

4. Inside fairings

6. Yes it's a bug

only point i really have an answer to:

Try setting the engine power to 20% in the VAB during construction time...

You can adjust power to engines in flight via right-click, too. I use this sometimes when finetuning an orbit.

1. Use TextureReplacer.

2. Use MechJeb, it has a feature that uses RCS for translation only while attitude is handled by reaction wheels.

3. No idea.

4. Strut the plane to the main rocket body, and add a lot of wing area to the very bottom of the rocket.

5. Linear RCS ports are a stock item that does this, but they use monoprop rather than LFO.

6. A fix for it is coming in 1.0.3, in the meantime turn off PPFX in the graphics settings and press F10 to disable the gauges.

8, Sample storage box; Just imagine the back of the truck, a tool safe type thing that will allow you to collect lots of samples and bring them back without each one needing it's own module...

- - - Updated - - -

6. A fix for it is coming in 1.0.3, in the meantime turn off PPFX in the graphics settings and press F10 to disable the gauges.

Have done will try that. Thanks...

8, Sample storage box; Just imagine the back of the truck, a tool safe type thing that will allow you to collect lots of samples and bring them back without each one needing it's own module...

Go EVA and get your samples from your modules, and load them to your capsules/pods/cockpits.

Go EVA and get your samples from your modules, and load them to your capsules/pods/cockpits.

You still need either a lab or a crew container of some sort for each redundant test(like multiple surface samples or goo observations in the same locaation).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.