B-52 Stratofortress (Semi-Broken in 1.0.3)

Presenting... The B-52 Stratofortress!

A 100% Stock Lookalike of the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress bomber.

Still a work in progress. I will keep updating it over time and make it compatible for future versions of KSP.

NOTICE: CLUSTER BOMBS FOR BOMB CARRYING VERSIONS NO LONGER FUNCTIONING IN 1.0.3 HEATING SYSTEM

AfBAPIz.jpg

Unloaded... This B-52 replica weighs in above 100 tons and slightly over 300 parts. This replica is near fully functioning. It includes working landing gear bays for the B-52's Quad landing gear setup, a massive bomb bay and even a landing parachute!

Of course this plane would not be complete without a completely mind-boggling offensive armament.

This B-52 is capable of carrying a total of 26 cluster bombs each containing 6 large I-beams, making a total of 156 I-beams. This is capable with the assistance of additional stores on external pylons. Versions using external mounted stores unfortunately reach the maximum of what this bird can carry, sharply affecting climb and turning capabilities.

x16ec8e.jpg

wgU6uwo.jpg

Qr1b6OT.jpg

I really know some people will be upset with this plane due to it's war mongering nature. Fortunately this plane can also assist the space program in other ways. The plane has been tested to be capable of carrying experimental SSTOs to altitude as well as drones.

50eHk9q.jpg

QWJkR0j.jpg

(Some images are credited to Flying Beaver, some pictures feature outdated versions of the aircraft)

btI0FxQ.jpg

Downloads

Unarmed B-52: https://www.dropbox.com/s/995ad74dxmlmesv/B-52%20Stratofortress%20%28Unarmed%29.craft?dl=0

B-52 with x18 I-beam Cluster-Bombs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsahkqnd77yvpz1/B-52%20Stratofortress%20%28x18%20Cluster%20Bombs%29.craft?dl=0

(HEAVY) B-52 with x26 I-beam Cluster-Bombs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3ybekadblkmfal/B-52%20Stratofortress%20%28Heavy%29.craft?dl=0

Directions

Although this thing is not the easiest to fly... It is simple to operate nonetheless. After taking off like any conventional aircraft press G to retract the landing gear then a few seconds later press 2 to close the landing gear bays. Before dropping bombs press 3 to open the bomb bay doors. Simply press space-bar to drop relentless salvos of stock cluster bombs. Be careful not to stage so far as to stage the plane's landing parachute. Upon landing press 0 or stage all the way through the craft to open the landing parachute to help slow the bird down.

Edited by Jon144

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.