[1.7.3] Science - Full reward!

maculator

2 hours ago, Blackline said:

Can you make the transmission cost "mpl-data"? So only a mpl would be able to transmit data at all, but with 100%. And for balance s1 could use the mk1 lab mod.

Thats a "maybe" possible idea. I'll fiddle arround a bit and let you know what's possible for me.

@Blackline :

If you like you can test this one

Edited by maculator

On 11.10.2016 at 7:04 PM, maculator said:

Thats a "maybe" possible idea. I'll fiddle arround a bit and let you know what's possible for me.

@Blackline :

If you like you can test this one

Holy smokes, you already made the mod out of this :-) ill definitely give it a try when I got time to kerbal again! Cya in the dev-thread

Hi @maculator

Just a minor remark, there's a typo in the CKAN description :
"What the titel says: Do an experiment, recover it, get the full reward instead of just 56.23456% of it."

Do something about it if you please :)

Thanks for this great mod!

I noticed that a few of the DMagic experiments don't seem to be affected, specifically the Little Brother experiments. Is this something that can be addressed or no? Not a huge concern, as everything else seems just fine, but figured I'd ask.

13 hours ago, Shadriss said:

I noticed that a few of the DMagic experiments don't seem to be affected, specifically the Little Brother experiments. Is this something that can be addressed or no? Not a huge concern, as everything else seems just fine, but figured I'd ask.

These experiments are combined from more parts. You need to run Little Brother and Big Brother to get full science. SIGINT experiments are the same.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing that could be neat is if transmitted science can transmit, say, 50% of the total science, but cannot transfer any more.  In other word, transfer would tranfer ALL the science it CAN transmit at once, but it would be limited to 50% of the total (for the other 50%, you'd need to recover it). 

On 12.3.2017 at 5:07 PM, Biggen said:

This mod works fine with the current version of KSP. I used it in my last career save. It felt "cheaty" it was so easy to get full science that I uninstalled it and started a new career without it.

I usually set the factor for sciencegain in the options a bit lower. The intention for this mod was to make it less tedious to collect all the science. I don't want to fly my plane 3 times to the exact same spot just do get 0.X science. Do it once and be done for good, was my motto.

And yes, it works with 1.2.2, confirmed it on spacedock so ckan should list it as compatible now.

On 18.3.2017 at 3:55 AM, Ryu Gemini said:

One thing that could be neat is if transmitted science can transmit, say, 50% of the total science, but cannot transfer any more.  In other word, transfer would tranfer ALL the science it CAN transmit at once, but it would be limited to 50% of the total (for the other 50%, you'd need to recover it). 

I looked in this a while ago since I like that idea too, but it would require more than a simple .cfg to make it happen. And since I'm no coder it's beyond my horizon.

Ah.  In my naivety, I guess I figured it would just be something like "change it so you get all possible science from transmitting," which is usually less than the full 100% from recovery, so I made the assumption that would make it so that it gives you all the science a transmit can give you from a single transmit.  Which means that you would then need to adjust all stock science transmit values from their various 30-100% so that they all are 50% instead.  Which may well be more than mere config edits (although, if its just in a different config could it be doable with just the caveat that it won't effect non-vanilla science parts?). 

But yeah, this is just me acknowledging assumptions and making some new ones in hopes that there is a simple way to achieve the basic effect. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/14/2017 at 11:03 AM, lijat said:

Any chans this could be added as compatible for 1.3 in ckan?

@maculator was last on May 29, so I don't think we'll here back from him soon.

However, this mod is just a very simple Module Manager script and I think KSP science hasn't changed in a way to break it.  If you have an up-to-date Module Manager, this mod should work without problem.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/7/2017 at 5:21 AM, Rastan9 said:

We found the fix, just need to remove [*] after @EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION in the cfg and it will work like normal.  Apparently @EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*] should never have worked to begin with.

I was using this mod without problems. Now I've made a fresh install and it didn't worked. Came back here and saw that I forgot to do that modification. Now it's working again.

So, thank you twice :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.