[1.7.3] Science - Full reward!

maculator

• 1 month later...

Well, I see you came back to the game not so long ago. I did 2 days ago, and got hit by the 1.4 update.

I also saw your post on Xscience forum saying that is the #1 mod you can't live without. This is mine. 

I don't mean to rush you, but do you have plans to update it soon or this is something you will take some time to address? It will be easier to do some self management with your answer.

Thank you.

It is not working for me.

I extracted to KSP gamedata folder, should I change to KSP root folder?

Maybe because I am launching from CKAN?

Thank you for your quick reply.

Edited by Aspira

Do you have module manager installed?

Edit:

If you got modulemanager working, and you're not running 1.4 AND it's stil not working I'd suggest to take this:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
{
	%baseValue = #$scienceCap$
}

And ask in Galileos forum for advice since he knows how his science definitions work and what might cause the problem.

I don't use his planets pack and he probably has more knowledge than me anyways :D

(If you do get help over there please post the solution here too!)

Cheers.

Edited by maculator

Hey,

Thank you.

But now I get this 5 errors:

[LOG 16:55:26.911] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to DMagicOrbitalScience/Resources/ScienceDefs/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[LOG 16:55:26.911] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 16:55:26.912] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 16:55:26.920] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 16:55:26.920] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 16:55:26.921] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 16:55:26.922] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 16:55:26.922] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 16:55:26.923] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 16:55:26.923] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 16:55:26.924] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-experiments/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 16:55:26.925] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 16:55:26.925] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 16:55:26.926] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to Kerbalow/KA330/ka330-science/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[WRN 16:55:26.926] [ModuleManager] Cannot find key scienceCap in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[ERR 16:55:26.927] [ModuleManager] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key baseValue = #$scienceCap$

[LOG 16:55:26.927] [ModuleManager] Applying update Science-Full-reward/Science-Full-reward/@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION to masTerTorch/Resources/ScienceDefs/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION

Is this a problem or can I ignore it?

Maybe it's because of this mod:

Edited by N3N

Well I'm playing stock and it works just fine.

If you check the log closely you'll see that DMagic gets processed as intended but Kerbalow (whatever that is) lacks the scienceCap. How old is that mod? what is that mod?

Looks like it defines expermints other than the usual mods/stock game and thats why the patch failed.

Edit: I see, I see it's the thing you linked..

Edited by maculator

Since ModuleManager is flagged as 1.4 compatible this mod is now offically too.

Spacedock doesn't offer the 1.4 flag atm, so be patient with ckan and spacedock, when they're ready I'll update the version number.

• 3 weeks later...

@maculator In 1.4.2 with only module manager and your config file as extra in game data. Read through MM documentation and your syntax is correct from what I can tell, but after MM does all its patching I look through the cache and the baseValue of science experiments is not changing. 

UrlConfig
{
	name = EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
	type = EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
	parentUrl = Squad/Resources/ScienceDefs
	EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
	{
		id = mysteryGoo
		title = Mystery Goo™ Observation
		baseValue = 10
		scienceCap = 13
@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]
{
	%baseValue = #$scienceCap$
}

# signifies a variable of some kind.
$ signifies the start and end of a variable identifier string.

-- Right from the wiki. I have no idea why its not working. @sarbian is there something new with MM 3.0.6 ?

Since the variable is in the same top level node, we dont need @ or a directory structure, so I'm lost with whats not working.

1 hour ago, maculator said:

That "[*]" shouldn't be in the current download. Download again. I don't know why for sure but apperently it's not needed anymore and I fixed it a while ago.

Because this notation selects all experiments which have a name, but a lot of experiments don't have it. There was "a bug" in the module manager, when this wasn't properly handled and nodes without a name was selected too.

3 hours ago, maculator said:

That "[*]" shouldn't be in the current download. Download again. I don't know why for sure but apperently it's not needed anymore and I fixed it a while ago.

Ahh, that makes sense, there's no subnodes in EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION. So having brackets points to something that doesn't exist. Thanks :)

45 minutes ago, maculator said:

I'm a bit lost.

So does the current version of my patch (the one without [*]) work with the recent ksp version? Last time I checked it did.

Yes, the current version without [*] is the right one.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
8 minutes ago, alex88 said:

Someone got this working on 1.7.9? I've just tried it with stock KSP and I still have to run the experiment multiple times to get it 

This works on current version 1.7.1 you have to have module manager, because it patches the base configuration at run time.

1 minute ago, MadArkael said:

This works on current version 1.7.1 you have to have module manager, because it patches the base configuration at run time.

Yeah I have the module manager, ckan installed it as a dependency, I'll double check the logs to see if module manager is actually working and using the patch.
I thought maybe the variable changed or something else...

2 minutes ago, alex88 said:

Yeah I have the module manager, ckan installed it as a dependency, I'll double check the logs to see if module manager is actually working and using the patch.
I thought maybe the variable changed or something else...

So you're using an old version of KSP if you installed via CKAN? Copy paste the configuration text in the downloaded file in a reply and it might be an old version of the file. If it is I can tell you how to fix.

12 minutes ago, MadArkael said:

So you're using an old version of KSP if you installed via CKAN? Copy paste the configuration text in the downloaded file in a reply and it might be an old version of the file. If it is I can tell you how to fix.

No I've added 1.4 to the compatible versions of CKAN, anyway, it's my fault, I've run a science experience, got part of the value, then I've installed the mod, at that point I was still getting partial science.

I've then tried on a new savegame and everything is working, sorry

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.