[1.7.3] Science - Full reward!

maculator

4 hours ago, Tekaoh said:

I'm so sorry, I posted a continuation of your mod a few months ago... If you'd like to resume maintaining your mod, would you like me to withdraw my fork from CKAN or anything? It was yours first, after all.

I wanted to use your continuation, but it didn't account for the breaking ground experiments so I fixed it. I don't thik withdrawing it is necessary, you din't steal anything and there probably will be a time where I forget about updating it again.

6 hours ago, maculator said:

I wanted to use your continuation, but it didn't account for the breaking ground experiments so I fixed it. I don't thik withdrawing it is necessary, you din't steal anything and there probably will be a time where I forget about updating it again.

Actually, @Jognt submitted a PR to the continuation that ignores the deployed science as well. Works on my system, anyways. https://github.com/tekaohksp/Science-Full-Reward/blob/master/Science-Full-Reward.cfg

In any case, no reason we can't work together for the time being, then! Welcome back to KSP! (Just in time to look forward to KSP 2)

8 hours ago, Jognt said:

I noticed your update has “!id[deployed” to filter. Note that this won’t work. 

@ and ! filter for nodes. 

# and ~ filter for values. 

To filter properly it would be “~id[deployed*]”. 

Thats what I noticed too when I fired up KSP today, been a loooooooong time and I had to read the wiki to troubleshoot that misstake -____-

Edit: thanks for noting and if everything worked as planned the spacedock download should've been updated today.

Edited by maculator

• 2 months later...

Is there a way to make sure this patch get's applied last?  I have a mod or 2 that does affect the science something gives.  It appears in some cases that the full reward (on Goo for example) doesn't get applied but the materials bay does.

On 12/4/2019 at 12:19 AM, Idleness said:

Is there a way to make sure this patch get's applied last?  I have a mod or 2 that does affect the science something gives.  It appears in some cases that the full reward (on Goo for example) doesn't get applied but the materials bay does.

Yes It’s possible, though I’m curious which mod you mean that would overwrite this mod for some experiments.

2 hours ago, Wragie said:

Just curious if anyone is seeing module manager errors using this? I am using it on a 1.61 RSS setup and I get a error notification when loading. Funny thing is it appears to work just fine.

I did a quick check on github and you’re right. There’s a syntax error. The error will screw up deployed science. It’ll work fine for all other experiments though. 

I’ll do a PR for a bug fix somewhere soon-ish. 

Edit: The Spacedock download should work. It's the Github source/release that is out of date.

Edit 2: Pull Request sent.

Edited by Jognt

45 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Yes It’s possible, though I’m curious which mod you mean that would overwrite this mod for some experiments.

Probes Before Crew modifies science for many parts I believe.  It's the only thing I've installed recently.  Previous to PBC this mod was working fine with all mods that added parts.

7 hours ago, Idleness said:

Probes Before Crew modifies science for many parts I believe.  It's the only thing I've installed recently.  Previous to PBC this mod was working fine with all mods that added parts.

PBC does the same thing this mod does, it alters science rewards but it's always 'full reward' you dont need both AFAIK

1 hour ago, Cruesoe said:

PBC does the same thing this mod does, it alters science rewards but it's always 'full reward' you dont need both AFAIK

I don't think that is exactly accurate - PBC doesn't always give full reward, though it does give many experiments full transmit value.  I'll have to dig a little deeper to find out exactly where the problem is I think.

35 minutes ago, Idleness said:

I don't think that is exactly accurate - PBC doesn't always give full reward, though it does give many experiments full transmit value.  I'll have to dig a little deeper to find out exactly where the problem is I think.

Quote from the PBC thread that I took to mean full rearward for sample returns.

--

Returningan experiment home always means that experiment never needs to be redone (also true in most transmission cases too,).

--

1 hour ago, Idleness said:

I checked PBC's science changes and wherever it alters the scienceCap amount it also adjusts the science-per-run to the same amount.

In essence it does the same as this, with added rebalancing of experiments in terms of value.

If you are seeing experiments that don't give 100% of their science on the first run then you're probably looking at a mod that introduces custom science modules, or a mod conflict besides this and/or PBC.

58 minutes ago, Jognt said:

I checked PBC's science changes and wherever it alters the scienceCap amount it also adjusts the science-per-run to the same amount.

In essence it does the same as this, with added rebalancing of experiments in terms of value.

If you are seeing experiments that don't give 100% of their science on the first run then you're probably looking at a mod that introduces custom science modules, or a mod conflict besides this and/or PBC.

Thank you very much for that bit of investigation.  I'll take a closer look at things after work today and figure out the culprit.

It was totally me.  When I loaded up the save and ran the scenario again I realized I had forgotten that I had transmitted part of the experiment before.  Both mods working exactly as they should; my memory still imperfect.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:20 PM, Jognt said:

Edit 2: Pull Request sent.

I'm curious, what's the purpose of the last pass specifier in your PR? I was thinking, if it's important, do you want to add it to my fork as well in case Mac isn't around for a while? It's already configured to install on 1.8.1 with ckan as well.

You've been really active and helpful. I should just give you write access to full reward continued and full transmit in case anything else comes up haha

On 12/14/2019 at 2:23 AM, Tekaoh said:

I'm curious, what's the purpose of the last pass specifier in your PR? I was thinking, if it's important, do you want to add it to my fork as well in case Mac isn't around for a while? It's already configured to install on 1.8.1 with ckan as well.

You've been really active and helpful. I should just give you write access to full reward continued and full transmit in case anything else comes up haha

It’s not so much ‘important’ as it is ‘just in case’.

I did it for two reasons:

1: Give it *a* pass instead of the legacy pass. For neatness-sake;

2: Ensure that it hits *all* experiments, even the ones added by other mods in their FOR pass;

Thank you for the kind words! Feel free to add it to your fork as I suspect that Mac is kinda busy and that your fork is the place-to-be if new problems pop up with KSP updates. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.