[1.3.0, 1.2.2] G-Effects: blackouts, redouts, G-LOCs [v0.4.2] (2017 Jun, 25)

Ser

How do you like sounds in the mod?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like sounds in the mod?

• It's nice that the mod has sounds but some of them definitely need to be replaced
    • Too annoying, I disabled them
    • I don't like the mod completely

15 hours ago, Ser said:

EDIT: as I can see on the first screenshot only Valentina is unconscious and no effects, that's strange. Have you ever made them all lose consciousness?

Aye, this is stange. And even more than that - only the kerbals who are at the most right place is getting "Responce Minimal", which is weird.. kinda unlucky place to sit in, I guess :lol:

15 hours ago, Ser said:

Also it would be useful if you enabled logging in G-Effects config, achieved the issue and posted a link to output_log.txt after that.

Oh, sure, here is last tests log. I made 2 flight tests in that session, the first one with a single kerbal (with all effects are in place, as expected), and second flight with 4 kerbals but without any (and no effects again). I hope this will help.

output_log link 

And thank you for your most awesome mod, btw, I really like it ^_^

36 minutes ago, Ser said:

Thanks. Could you also share your craft file and the list of mods that you have used to build it?

Oh, sure - here it is: Test Craft

I used just a standart pre-build by Squad stock "Aeris 4A" for a single crew situation. 

And when I needed to add more kerbals - I did just change it's command part into "Kerlington Model 35 'Clyde'" from a "SXT - Lack's Stock Extension" mod. And tweaked the front gear to 61% using "TweakScale" mod. then added standart "Cirlular Intake" for a better air flow for an extreme maneuvers. 

None of other mods were used for the craft itself. And if I load just a single or 2 crew into the last one design - there is no problems with G-Effects.  But with 3+ kerbals.. things goes weird :o  I have feeling that maybe it's problem only with my game build, idk.

Spoiler

the command module:

002097.jpg 002098.jpg

002099.jpg

19 hours ago, quadro7f said:

Oh, sure - here it is: Test Craft

Thanks, that saves my time. I can confirm that I've managed to reproduce that so it's only a little thing left: to find the reason and fix it :)

2 hours ago, Ser said:

Thanks, that saves my time. I can confirm that I've managed to reproduce that so it's only a little thing left: to find the reason and fix it :)

Oh, it's awesome to hear that, I am glad these info did help! ^_^ 

Btw, do you plan to adapt your awesome mod for an upcoming KSP 1.1 version in some future by chance?

5 minutes ago, quadro7f said:

Oh, it's awesome to hear that, I am glad these info did help! ^_^ 

Btw, do you plan to adapt your awesome mod for an upcoming KSP 1.1 version in some future by chance?

Of course. I have plans to update all of my mods to be compatible with 1.1, though it may take some time and effort.

Version 0.3.2 is out (still for KSP 1.0.5)

• Fixed not displayed effects with 4+ kerbals in crew
  • Fixed portrait warnings for multiple kerbals
  • Fixed an issue with g-death of a multi-kerbal crew
  • Fixed continued calculations on pause
  • Slightly improved greyout effect
Edited by Ser

On 31.03.2016 at 9:25 PM, quadro7f said:

I wanna report of some stange bug - I don't see any G-Effects (the black, the reds and a G-loc) after I add more than 3 kerbals in a crew. Yet, for a single and two members everything works perfectly tho.

Fixed in the new version.

On 15.07.2015 at 1:41 AM, TeeGee said:

Sigh. When I pull negative G's I get red out but whenever i pull positive G's I get nothing. No black out or tunnel vision etc. I have my cockpit as the root part. Jeb is the pilot. No matter how fast or how hard I pull a positive G turn, nothing happens. I don't even hear the kerbal straining.

On 08.03.2016 at 3:19 AM, theonegalen said:

I am not seeing any G-Effects, no matter how high G's I pull.  Is this mod known to conflict with anything?

Please verify that your issue doesn't persist in the version 0.3.2.

Edited by Ser

• 3 weeks later...

Dev notes:

I keep rebuilding the mod against KSP 1.1 in my spare time so nothing is abandoned. I have plans to post at least a link to the 1.1 compatible dev version here once the list of issues will be narrowed to minor ones and the mod will be playable again.

@Ser I've come across an issue.

KSP Version: 1.1.1 (64x)

Mod Version: 0.4.0-rc1 (Only using this mod on a stock install)

Problem: When I EVA a Kerbal and then re-enter the pod, the Kerbal re-enters the pod but leaves a duplicate of himself outside the pod on the ladder. If I then proceed to EVA again, another Kerbal comes out of the pod, effectively duplicating the Kerbal. Though it appears upon recovery, only 1 Kerbal is recovered no matter how many duplicates there are. Speaking of which, once a Kerbal has been duplicated using this method, it appears that recovery can only be done via the space center scene.

Recreation Steps: In the VAB place a Mk1 Command Pod with a Kerbal inside (I was using Jebediah), then launch the vessel. Once loaded onto the launch pad, simply EVA and re-board the pod.

Screenshot: (Also yes, all of those Kerbals are duplicates of Jebediah via this bug.)

6C8192B44842FCBC719DF6B4B1D9D7A3E7DC8308

Edited by CoriW

• 2 weeks later...
On 29.04.2016 at 1:48 AM, CoriW said:

@Ser I've come across an issue.

KSP Version: 1.1.1 (64x)

Mod Version: 0.4.0-rc1 (Only using this mod on a stock install)

Problem: When I EVA a Kerbal and then re-enter the pod, the Kerbal re-enters the pod but leaves a duplicate of himself outside the pod on the ladder. If I then proceed to EVA again, another Kerbal comes out of the pod, effectively duplicating the Kerbal. Though it appears upon recovery, only 1 Kerbal is recovered no matter how many duplicates there are. Speaking of which, once a Kerbal has been duplicated using this method, it appears that recovery can only be done via the space center scene.

Recreation Steps: In the VAB place a Mk1 Command Pod with a Kerbal inside (I was using Jebediah), then launch the vessel. Once loaded onto the launch pad, simply EVA and re-board the pod.

Screenshot: (Also yes, all of those Kerbals are duplicates of Jebediah via this bug.)

Yes, I've noticed that too. Something broke after KSP version 1.1. I'm currently working on it.

P.S. there's a funny feature since 1.1: if an exception occures in the Update() method then such "phantom" kebals are likely to appear.

KSP 1.1.2 compatible dev version can be downloaded here

This is a dev version still. Duplicate kerbals should be fixed but sounds are not muted on G-LOC anymore. Also kerbal portraits are not faded in this version.

I'll try to figure out the way to get those features back.

Edited by Ser

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

A quick bug report: in G-Effects 0.4.0-rc2, the IVA appears completely black.

Only this mod, KSP 1.1.2, Linux 64-bit (and hence OpenGL). Reproducible by starting a new sandbox game, launching one of the stock craft (an AeroEquus will do fine) with Jeb inside, and pressing C while still on the launchpad (before starting the first stage).

(Then, for further testing, no need to start a new game - leaving the craft on the launchpad, loading the save, switching to the craft (by clicking its icon in the space center view and selecting "Fly") and pressing C reproduces the issue. Loading the same save without this mod installed, the IVA works as expected.)

11 hours ago, Technologicat said:

Hi,

A quick bug report: in G-Effects 0.4.0-rc2, the IVA appears completely black.

I have no Linux but I'll try to reproduce that with OpenGL forced.

13 minutes ago, Technologicat said:

Thanks!

Do tell me if you need any logs or help with testing.

This was a nice mod in 1.0.5 - nice to see it's being maintained!

Yeah, I'm trying to restore the rest of its functions time to time. SoonTM it should come to its release state.

I can't check it out right now but you may try to set "IVAGreyout = false" in the config file and see if it helps until the issue is sorted out, as I suspect that might be caused by the greyout post-processing effect shader.

Edited by Ser

8 hours ago, Ser said:

I can't check it out right now but you may try to set "IVAGreyout = false" in the config file and see if it helps until the issue is sorted out, as I suspect that might be caused by the greyout post-processing effect shader.

Yeah, a pp shader sounds like a likely culprit for things like this.

Tested - this setting fixed the black IVA. Thanks!

14 hours ago, Technologicat said:

Yeah, a pp shader sounds like a likely culprit for things like this.

Tested - this setting fixed the black IVA. Thanks!

I have that on Windows in OpenGL mode too. So that seems to be a common OpenGL issue. The good news are there's a workaround for it, the bad news are I have no idea how to fix that yet. I'm afraid that's another feature broken by migration to Unity 5. So OpenGL users will have to disable greyouts for a while.

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, Nuke_The_Earth said:

Any plans on a 1.1.3 version? Or does the one for 1.1.2 work just fine?

It works for 1.1.3. The two main reasons I don't officially update the version is that sound filter that was used to mute sounds on G-LOC is not working anymore and kerbal portraits are not blackened when a kerbal goes unconscious. But all of the main features of the mod work.

Edited by Ser

1 minute ago, Ser said:

It works for 1.1.3. The two main reasons I don't officially update the version is that sound filter that was used to mute sounds on G-LOC is not working anymore and kerbal portraits are not blackened when a kerbal goes unconscious. But all of the main features of the mod work.

Thanks m8, downloading now

• 4 weeks later...