[1.3.0, 1.2.2] G-Effects: blackouts, redouts, G-LOCs [v0.4.2] (2017 Jun, 25)

Ser

How do you like sounds in the mod?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like sounds in the mod?

• It's nice that the mod has sounds but some of them definitely need to be replaced
    • Too annoying, I disabled them
    • I don't like the mod completely

On 2017-5-29 at 10:20 PM, Ser said:

@pocolaton, so, if you feel like you could help a little, here's dll's to try:

Without low pass filters: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4i708kdm8fgagvj/G-Effects-No-aFilters.zip?dl=1

Without reflection API: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vyuyp0t761wnc08/G-Effects-No-Api.zip?dl=1

Without red/black-out effects: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bg7pk735ktricms/G-Effects-No-Visuals.zip?dl=1

You need to download the zips and extract to G-Effects/Plugins folder replacing the original G-Effects.dll file. Try them one by one and post here which one solves FPS drops, if any.

No problem, throw some builds, I'd gladly test them out.

I just replaced those .dll files. Kerbal 1.2.2. No mods except for G-Effects 0.4.1. The 3rd file (without red/back-out effects) is the one that bring my fps back to normal.

• Without low pass filters: Looks the same. 97fps on runaway, 20fps less in general.
  • Without reflection API: Looks the same. 97fps on runaway, 20fps less in general.
  • Without red/black-out effects: 112 fps on runaway, performance during flight back to normal.

37 minutes ago, pocolaton said:

No problem, throw some builds, I'd gladly test them out.

I just replaced those .dll files. Kerbal 1.2.2. No mods except for G-Effects 0.4.1. The 3rd file (without red/back-out effects) is the one that bring my fps back to normal.

• Without low pass filters: Looks the same. 97fps on runaway, 20fps less in general.
  • Without reflection API: Looks the same. 97fps on runaway, 20fps less in general.
  • Without red/black-out effects: 112 fps on runaway, performance during flight back to normal.

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll start to think what could be done with that.

Think I found another issue: the mod doesn't work with the external command seat, and once the pilot is seating there the log gets flooded with null refs. And even if I move the pilot from the seat back to the cockpit, the flooding continues.

Tested on a clean 1.2.2 install win7 x64

20 hours ago, markinturamb said:

Think I found another issue: the mod doesn't work with the external command seat, and once the pilot is seating there the log gets flooded with null refs. And even if I move the pilot from the seat back to the cockpit, the flooding continues.

Tested on a clean 1.2.2 install win7 x64

Thanks. Despite my 1.2.2 campain hasn't get to external seats yet I'll try to find a way to investigate that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24.06.2017 at 7:52 AM, HalfdeadKiller said:

I'd like to chime in that my build of like 80 1.2.2 mods had low FPS caused, unfortunately, by G-Effects. Specifically by 0.4.1. I haven't tested with the .DLLs you posted a bit earlier. Would you like me to try them out for further testing?

How low is your FPS relative to normal and what hardware do you use?

Try this dll: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vcxhthz450bwmj0/G-Effects.dll?dl=1

If it solves FPS issues the concept will go to the release.

Edited by Ser

9 hours ago, ZobrAA said:

Does this mod effects corresponds to stock kerbal personal g-limits?

The mod has its own settings for that.

Here are some thoughts of mine on the subject: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/113341-130-122-g-effects-blackouts-redouts-g-locs-v042-2017-jun-25/&do=findComment&comment=2928354

But I'll think once again about that. May be the good solution would be to make it configurable whether to use stock G stats or not.

Edited by Ser

• 3 months later...

Obtain a funny situation, the original overload shows the effect outside the vehicle, but do not show inside the vehicle, your mod shows the effect inside the vehicle but does not show outside. And they are not compatible. ((

Edited by Di-Crash

7 hours ago, Di-Crash said:

Obtain a funny situation, the original overload shows the effect outside the vehicle, but do not show inside the vehicle, your mod shows the effect inside the vehicle but does not show outside. And they are not compatible. ((

What is the "original overload"? And what effect are you talking about? There's two kind of effects the mod applies: redout/blackout and greyout that indeed is shown only in IVA by default. Which one?

6 hours ago, Ser said:

What is the "original overload"? And what effect are you talking about? There's two kind of effects the mod applies: redout/blackout and greyout that indeed is shown only in IVA by default. Which one?

I apologize if it is not clearly explained, this is not my native language. ))  I meant that it would be great if your mod was connected with the original values and complemented them.

kuiVoud.png

Your wonderful mod allows my to look at the G-Force effect with the pilot's eyes, and the original system allows my to understand what happens to the crew outside the ship, and it would be great if they worked together.

Edited by Di-Crash

52 minutes ago, Di-Crash said:

I apologize if it is not clearly explained, this is not my native language. ))  I meant that it would be great if your mod was connected with the original values and complemented them.

Your wonderful mod allows my to look at the G-Force effect with the pilot's eyes, and the original system allows my to understand what happens to the crew outside the ship, and it would be great if they worked together.

I've got several requests to make the mod follow the stock G stats, but I still don't understand what do you mean by "what happens to the crew outside the ship". Do you mean that vertical G-meter?

9 minutes ago, Ser said:

I've got several requests to make the mod follow the stock G stats, but I still don't understand what do you mean by "what happens to the crew outside the ship". Do you mean that vertical G-meter?

I meant myself, I can be inside the ship and look through the eyes of the pilot, and I can be outside, and looking at the portraits of the crew.  )))

14 minutes ago, Di-Crash said:

I meant myself, I can be inside the ship and look through the eyes of the pilot, and I can be outside, and looking at the portraits of the crew.  )))

And you want this mod to show G load on kerbal portraits when you are looking at them while outside the ship?

5 hours ago, Ser said:

And you want this mod to show G load on kerbal portraits when you are looking at them while outside the ship?

This possibility already exists in the stock game, in my opinion it would be easier to adapt the mod to the existing mechanics.

TEjISuS.png

11 hours ago, Di-Crash said:

This possibility already exists in the stock game, in my opinion it would be easier to adapt the mod to the existing mechanics.

That picture is exactly what the G-Effects mod does. It disables stock G calculations and those G meters and portrait noise actually correspond the values supplied by the mod, just checked that once again. So what's the problem? Why do you say that they aren't compatible? May be you want to disable blackouts/redouts in external view?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, i like pizza said:

I don't mean to be rude, but when should you expect an updated 1.3.1 version? 

Are there any troubles with KSP 1.3.1? I was hoping that's nothing more than just a matter of numbers if we speak of 1.3.0 to 1.3.1 update.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried out the mod and I like it very much.

One problem though is that I find it activates red/black outs when time warp is enabled. Warp should not affect whether a kerbal blacks out or not. Mostly it is red outs.

As such I have removed the mod until such time as this issue is resolved. I will follow the thread to be notified of this.

15 hours ago, John FX said:

Tried out the mod and I like it very much.

One problem though is that I find it activates red/black outs when time warp is enabled. Warp should not affect whether a kerbal blacks out or not. Mostly it is red outs.

As such I have removed the mod until such time as this issue is resolved. I will follow the thread to be notified of this.

Do you use it together with Persistent Rotation or Persistent Momentum mods?

On 01/11/2017 at 5:57 AM, Ser said:

Do you use it together with Persistent Rotation or Persistent Momentum mods?

Yes, I use persistent rotation. Is there a conflict?

If so, would it be feasible to have an option tickbox for `RO Compatibility` which turns off the mod when you on-rails warp? (maybe note the g-force when warp is activated and force it to remain at that during warp?)

I quite like having to manage my re-entries and launches to avoid too much G-force making my Kerbals pass out.

16 hours ago, John FX said:

Yes, I use persistent rotation. Is there a conflict?

If so, would it be feasible to have an option tickbox for `RO Compatibility` which turns off the mod when you on-rails warp? (maybe note the g-force when warp is activated and force it to remain at that during warp?)

I quite like having to manage my re-entries and launches to avoid too much G-force making my Kerbals pass out.

I have that reported some time ago, seems like there's some incompatibility with those mods. I'll look into this to find out the cause.

Edited by Ser

12 hours ago, Ser said:

I have that reported some time ago, seems like there's some incompatibility with those mods. I'll look into this to find out the cause.

I would guess the persistent rotation mods convince KSP that warp has not happened in some way and so the craft can keep rotating from the way G-effects reacts. There might be other ways of detecting that warp is happening, maybe have a talk with the persistent rotation mod guy to see exactly how he does it.

Thanks for the reply