[1.3.0, 1.2.2] G-Effects: blackouts, redouts, G-LOCs [v0.4.2] (2017 Jun, 25)

Ser

How do you like sounds in the mod?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like sounds in the mod?

• It's nice that the mod has sounds but some of them definitely need to be replaced
    • Too annoying, I disabled them
    • I don't like the mod completely

On 11/1/2017 at 1:57 AM, Ser said:

Do you use it together with Persistent Rotation or Persistent Momentum mods?

Ive occasionally seen this happen, but I dont have either one of those mods installed.  Sometimes they red-out, sometimes they black out.  In the most recent instance one kerbal died. Its a bit inconsistent, but it seems to happen most at the higher timewarp levels (above 50X)

2 hours ago, Jade_Falcon said:

Ive occasionally seen this happen, but I dont have either one of those mods installed.  Sometimes they red-out, sometimes they black out.  In the most recent instance one kerbal died. Its a bit inconsistent, but it seems to happen most at the higher timewarp levels (above 50X)

Thanks. Looks like some calculation error that accumulates at high timewarp. Expect a fix soon TM

On 12/5/2017 at 2:42 PM, Madman_Andre said:

My recommendation is instead of a redout, how about a "greenout"? I.e. the Kerbals most likely have green blood. :D

You can do that by yourself since the earliest versions of the mod.  Find G-Effects.cfg file in the mod's folder and change the parameter redoutRGB  to a value like 0,255,0 for lime  or to 0,128,0 for pure green. You can increase the first number to get more acid shades, through lawn to yellow. When all three are closer to 0 the color is darker, when they are closer to 255 the color is brighter. You can use this site to compose any color you like.

Edited by Ser

• 1 month later...

Warp causes problems with this mod. For one, Kerbals lose their level experience - or at least the number of "Stars" gets reduced to zero. Another, after warp, all the Kerbals have "snow" in their profile image. Going to the Tracking station and back to the ship, corrects the profile image, but doesn't retrieve their experience status.

I'm using KSP 1.3.0. I expect you already know about these issues, but I thought I should post them anyway. I'm uninstalling this mod, until these severe bugs are resolved.

Love the mod. Can't wait for it to work properly. Thanks.

Edited by Observe

9 hours ago, Observe said:

Warp causes problems with this mod. For one, Kerbals lose their level experience - or at least the number of "Stars" gets reduced to zero. Another, after warp, all the Kerbals have "snow" in their profile image. Going to the Tracking station and back to the ship, corrects the profile image, but doesn't retrieve their experience status.

I'm using KSP 1.3.0. I expect you already know about these issues, but I thought I should post them anyway. I'm uninstalling this mod, until these severe bugs are resolved.

Love the mod. Can't wait for it to work properly. Thanks.

Thanks for the report. Yes, there are some troubles with warp that need to be investigated.

• 6 months later...

My god, so much time passed since the last post in this thread.

Just want to inform everyone who still haven't forgotten the mod that I am trying to make it slightly better time to time. The trouble with redouts on high timewarp lies deep in maths used mixed with KSP on-rail physics, so I have to change them properly. Also I remember the requests made by the community. As I've said, I try to get to it time to time, between real life activities and the evil lord Dart Employer trying to drain all my force away.

Edited by Ser

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...
20 hours ago, Angstinator said:

Am I correct in assuming incompatibility with 1.7.x?

Yes, the mod hasn't been maintained quite awhile, plus some serious issues waiting to be fixed. Have plans but absolutely have no time for it yet.

• 1 year later...

Seems like this gem has been forgotten. I've been looking for a mod like this, that adds redouts/blackouts, and I specially love the sound effects this add as well.

Sadly it hasn't been updated in a long time. Is there any mod similar to this that is up to date or at least works with 1.9 and above?

• 5 months later...
On 9/20/2019 at 6:28 AM, Ser said:

Yes, the mod hasn't been maintained quite awhile, plus some serious issues waiting to be fixed. Have plans but absolutely have no time for it yet.

4 hours ago, Wenloom said:

Hello, Ser! Can you please update this great mod to 1.11 and higher? Or I dont need to worry about the last compatible version and I can play on 1.11? Waiting for reply, thanks for attention 

I have been intending to adopt both this and Fog. It is in the queue - but don't know the seriousness of the issues yet, so no promises.

• 2 months later...
On 7/19/2021 at 12:08 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

I have been intending to adopt both this and Fog. It is in the queue - but don't know the seriousness of the issues yet, so no promises.

I have a lot of effort put into this mod but for quite some time I've been out of KSP. Let's settle this in the following way: I suggest you to implement your fixes, test'em well and create a pull request.

As for Fog Of Tech, a couple of years ago it had an annoying issue with lines connecting the hidden research nodes. As another mod had it solved, I quit developing Fog. Can't recall what mod was that.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

Are you still considering adopting this?

Seems like you have a few mods and tweaks out there. Looks interesting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.