Sci-Fi a like gravitational controls device

DarthWall

Well... what about a mod that add in the game, "RCS" that use gravity or whatever of kind to movement the craft in Star Wars style?

This days I've made a craft and put hundreds of RCS ports on and use infinite RCS to play with it. And is a lot of fun to control when we can translate the craft for all directions efficiently and in atmosphere.

So, I think this kind of mod could be easy for mod makers...

The mod would have tine powerful and omnidirectional RCS, that consumes huge amounts of electric charge or maybe another resource... Could be even compatible with Throttle Controlled Avionics :)

Try out the GN Drive mod by flywlyx, it fives you precisely the thing you request. Would leave a link, but my tablet refuses to let me paste anything in the reply box.

This mod adds just engines, but no kind of reaction controls to maneuvers...

- - - Updated - - -

The one you're looking for is LCARS...

What I was suggesting would be much more simple than this. Would have only 2 new parts, maybe anothers to generate and hold some resource, like exotic matter from Alcubierre Warp Drive or anything else. And will let us to implement in our own criations.

This mod adds just engines, but no kind of reaction controls to maneuvers...

Nope, these engines ALSO allow you to provide thurst in any direction. In fact, they don't even care where you pace them, even if it's upwards inside a closed cargo bay. They will still provide thrust in the "forward" direction according to the ship. And you can provide thrust in all directions using the RCS controls.

I just want to mention that a mod like this would be completely against the spirit of the Kerbal Space Program. Where's your Moar Boostahs! mentality? Anyway it should be simple enough. Just take a stock RCS port, change the thrust, and the resource that is uses from Monoprop to electric-charge. If you wanted to keep an inkling of realism you could also have it use a bit of Xenon Gas and be an Ion RCS.

I just want to mention that a mod like this would be completely against the spirit of the Kerbal Space Program. Where's your Moar Boostahs! mentality? Anyway it should be simple enough. Just take a stock RCS port, change the thrust, and the resource that is uses from Monoprop to electric-charge. If you wanted to keep an inkling of realism you could also have it use a bit of Xenon Gas and be an Ion RCS.

I did thought that about the warp drive mods. But if it could very difficult to get, in resource and tech tree, I think it could be fun and expand our horizons to spacecraft and stations desing. Would be the kind of mod to play with others star systens or just for fun in sandbox mode...

And I am a completely noob about creating mods... So.. I wish know how to do this, but I don't =(

- - - Updated - - -

....And talk about space fighters manouvers systems... Is there some mod that automatically fire RCS to cancel sideway slips to maintain the prograde vector always forwards?

Edited by DarthWall

Why was this thread rated one star? It's not a great thread, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Anyway, I actually got interested by the idea. It's not my idea of "KSP spirit", but sounds to play with once in a while, as an endgame thing.

I tested the GN Drive mod and... well... is more OP than I expected... I was expecting that you could use the thing to levitate and get in to space, but still use engines to get in to other planets, for questions of efficiency or difficulty to produce fuel for it, etc... And of course, not so powerful like that thing.

For that purpose you could just use the condenser from the GN Drive mod. It has limited fuel and can't generate it without other modules, and there might be a way to tweak the fuel that it consumes to, for example, Interstellar antimatter. Don't know if the module allows it, and can't download the mod right now due to bad internet, so you might need to check that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.