[1.12.x] Docking Sounds!! v2.1.13 (1/30/2023)

tg626

6 hours ago, tg626 said:

This one is updated - http://spacedock.info/mod/474/Docking%20Port%20Sound%20FX

Thank you all for your patience.  I've been away wandering the Capitol Wastland, Driving trains, and writing code!  I'll be getting my other mods updated soon too!

Nice!

Glad that you're back. Temporary download removed.

10 hours ago, tg626 said:

Thank you all for your patience.  I've been away willyering the Capitol Wastland, Driving trains, and writing code!  I'll be getting my other mods updated soon too!

Good to see you back!

42 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Maybe try here? I literally know nothing about modding but saw this post and figured it might help you!

best of luck! I really like the sounds!

Thank you!  It certainly should help me get a handle on the changes!

puWgHh9.jpg

For those of you following along, thanks to that link above and many modders more knowledgeable then myself who posted therein, I cam to realize that the plugin DLL needed to be recompiled for 1.1

Some changes had to be made, all minor, all having no effect on the finished product (adding references to more DLLs in the KSPdata/Managed folder and changing a setting from a discontinued method to it's new equivelent).

So as of now, I have a working 1.1 version which I am testing out and should be posting soon.

1 hour ago, tg626 said:

For those of you following along, thanks to that link above and many modders more knowledgeable then myself who posted therein, I cam to realize that the plugin DLL needed to be recompiled for 1.1

Some changes had to be made, all minor, all having no effect on the finished product (adding references to more DLLs in the KSPdata/Managed folder and changing a setting from a discontinued method to it's new equivelent).

So as of now, I have a working 1.1 version which I am testing out and should be posting soon.

Cool.

Yeah, it seems a lot of stuff was moved to different modules or the API slightly changed in the 1.1 update, some of it having to do with the move to Unity 5.

1.2.2 released (FOR KSP 1.0.5, NOT FOR 1.1) - I messed up the folder name and didn't test until now (too caught up on 1.1 hype) so this fixes it.  You can fix it directly, just rename FP_DPSoundFX to DPSoundFX.

Edited by tg626

• 2 weeks later...

This mod managed to break docking ports and a chunk of physics for me.

Docking port between MK1-2 capsule and escape tower disappears some time after takeoff, camera looses CoM focus. The tower seems still attached until any further staging occurs. Further staging becomes messy, camera can not track the capsule (root part)

If I make that docking port root part, camera starts shaking on launchpad from the start. Staging to launch makes the whole rocket except docking port and escape tower to float freely. And docking port with the tower remains fixed mid-air.

10 minutes ago, Psycho_zs said:

This mod managed to break docking ports and a chunk of physics for me.

Docking port between MK1-2 capsule and escape tower disappears some time after takeoff, camera looses CoM focus. The tower seems still attached until any further staging occurs. Further staging becomes messy, camera can not track the capsule (root part)

If I make that docking port root part, camera starts shaking on launchpad from the start. Staging to launch makes the whole rocket except docking port and escape tower to float freely. And docking port with the tower remains fixed mid-air.

Mod Version: ???

KSP Version: ???

Do you have any other mods installed?   

I like it!  I use to create a lot of add-on for Orbiter and one of the things I missed in KSP was the docking sounds. It's a small thing but adds to the atmosphere of the game. Well done!

Edited by dr_jt

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/5/2016 at 6:25 PM, Tekener said:

Is there any chance that this could be set to be compatible with 1.1.2 in CKAN, as otherwise CKAN won't let you install it.

Would be great, thanks a lot!

No modder has control over when or if CKAN gets updated - I listed it's compatibility with 1.1.2 on spacedock.info beyond that it's out of my hands.

Edited by tg626

Great to see this kept up to date. Thank you for your efforts. 

This has sneaked into my must-have mods list. It shouldn't really be there, but it's one of those mods, like chatterer, that you really miss when it's absent.

Edited by Oafman
grammar