The hidden secret, of the mk2 cockpit interior space!

SeniorFight

Btw, if you're so offended by this, do you realise you just posted it uncensored on a forum kids might be watching?

Now that is funny but you missed one other item from the OP's post.

"(Warning: Contains NSFW language)" - Really, you have to warn people about nasty words you are not authorized to read at work (and if I spoke them even in private imagine the repercussion)....

Nice one OP :P

Edited by Korizan

I was driving to work this morning (electric car, not a planet killer), listening to a sports radio show, and a guy calls in commenting on how a female soccer player (Women's World Cup) who scored a game winning goal in extra time and proceeded to dash to the sidelines and jump into the arms of her male coach (and other teammates) was "provocative". I turned the radio off immediately, just as I will not look at this thread again.

Use some common sense people. We've gone way over the edge. Makes me happy that I have a whole makeup solar system I can "live" in where people are humorous and goofy, and not so bloody bent on being offended at every single damned thing, even when it doesn't concern them. What do you honestly think was the intention of the dev who added those words in the part of the texture that will never appear in-game? And what the heck do you think is the intention of the professional soccer player jumping into the arms of her coach after scoring a game-winning goal?

I believe it was Agent K (first movie) who said: "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

For the average kid, it's more probable to come across a phallus-shaped spaceship on YouTube than to come across that texture file in a format not supported by his usual tools (MSPaint) and flip it around. So please unrustle your jimmies.

The thing I want to show is that SQUAD is not really serious here.

100% serious devs are boring (that goes for regular people as well). I cannot, however, determine if you're being serious here...

I suggest you learn about the concept of easter eggs in media.

Edited by NovaSilisko

100% serious devs are boring (that goes for regular people as well). I cannot, however, determine if you're being serious here...

I suggest you learn about the concept of easter eggs in media.

Absolutely! in most cases embedding an easter egg into something shows that the coder really understands what they are doing and knows where the best place to hide something is.

MY goodness...

You're so innocent that you make my "tits" wiggle under my shirt.

The thing I want to show is that SQUAD is not really serious here.

Many crashes have followed my discovery... in which one I lost jeb. In hard mode.

All because of this text that cursed all my space program!

I think you're all being trolled by an expert. Or somebody needs a tinfoil hat.

Kind of blows my mind that there are even "bad words" in existence. People can say the most horrible things about eachother without ever cursing... yet one F bomb in the wrong place and you are chopped liver.

Fascinating, really.

Kind of blows my mind that there are even "bad words" in existence. People can say the most horrible things about eachother without ever cursing... yet one F bomb in the wrong place and you are chopped liver.

Fascinating, really.

You should watch a British soap. People cheat, steal and even murder each other, but the worst thing they ever say is "flipping hell". 'Cause you know, you wouldn't want the kids to pick up any bad habits from Barry, who has just murdered his beaten wife in a staged car accident so he can run off with his 18-year-old step-daughter.

Similarly, KSP is kind of a Kerbal torture simulator. You're often gleefully sending little green men (and now women) to their untimely end, entertained by their tortured, anguished faces seconds before impact. There, I think I sensationalised that enough.

And remember that any kid smart enough to find this piece of text is also smart enough to delete their browsing history and cookies...

Once this video was played in my English class. All pupils were underage back then. We had a good laugh because in the USA there's an unwritten rule that you can't use that word in media. Anyway it is commonly used by nearly everybody in nearly all kinds of situation. Just the amount of examples demonstrates how much people like to swear. I heared my nephew swearing when he was 4! It's impossible to keep that away from children.

I wonder how 'frichen' mutated into that. :huh:

Is the content overtly offensive? Not to me, and not to many. Will anyone ever see this hidden message? Under normal circumstances no.

Is it unprofessional? Absolutely it is. I know I wouldn't want my name associated with that work. But then again it's not mine.

Oh wow. One or two kids on the planet will see this and get offended. Oh. Think of the children!

-_-

It's not even the children getting offended.^^'

Again, I think the whole post ist just a thing about the silly american bad word/offense thing.

Kind of blows my mind that there are even "bad words" in existence. People can say the most horrible things about each other without ever cursing... yet one F bomb in the wrong place and you are chopped liver.

Fascinating, really.

You should watch a British soap. People cheat, steal and even murder each other, but the worst thing they ever say is "flipping hell". 'Cause you know, you wouldn't want the kids to pick up any bad habits from Barry, who has just murdered his beaten wife in a staged car accident so he can run off with his 18-year-old step-daughter.

Similarly, KSP is kind of a Kerbal torture simulator. You're often gleefully sending little green men (and now women) to their untimely end, entertained by their tortured, anguished faces seconds before impact. There, I think I sensationalised that enough.

And remember that any kid smart enough to find this piece of text is also smart enough to delete their browsing history and cookies...

Oh no dude, I send probes whenever I can, put safety contingencies, and suffer every little green death.

But I totally agree with both your feelings. Brazilian TV also suffers from this. So glad I haven't watched it in years.

As for the original topic... I just don't care. It's not like it's not language you'll see everywhere else anyway, and if someone knows how to look for and find this stuff, well, they found it, right?

Besides, when the day comes that me and my wife have a kid, I'd rather have him/her speaking foul language than being a perfectly politically correct homophobic, or any one of many other deplorable but socially accepted types I see every day at work and on the streets.

People can be horrible to each other and yet it's "perfectly fine" as long as it's within the norms.

Maybe the issue isn't really that people are offended by it (although for sure some are) but that it seems like a double standard that we have a rule against bad language on the forum but the game apparently contains it.