The hidden secret, of the mk2 cockpit interior space!

SeniorFight

Maybe the issue isn't really that people are offended by it (although for sure some are) but that it seems like a double standard that we have a rule against bad language on the forum but the game apparently contains it.

It never appears in game, it only appears if you try to edit one of the stock textures, then mirror it. Fairly innocuous, I'm guessing it was just done for a giggle.

I quit KSP forever because of this.

Curse words are just silly, the only reason for their continued existence as being 'bad' is just because kids are taught that, then they teach their kids, and not enough people question why. Tim Minchin has a funny bit about it, and BSG is a good example. It's less offensive to say frack for some reason.

I'm just going to use flap as a curse word. This flaps. That flapping flapper is such a flaphead. Flap you.

People, I'll remind you that skirting the language filter is not appropriate. The language filter isn't the rule, it is a tool to help enforce the rule. Whether there is some non-PG language hidden in a texture within the game or not, we do not permit bad language here on the forum.

It never appears in game, it only appears if you try to edit one of the stock textures, then mirror it. Fairly innocuous, I'm guessing it was just done for a giggle.

Yes I understand, and I'm glad it's not in the game. I was just analyzing why it might be viewed as an issue.

Curse words are just silly, the only reason for their continued existence as being 'bad' is just because kids are taught that, then they teach their kids, and not enough people question why. Tim Minchin has a funny bit about it, and BSG is a good example. It's less offensive to say frack for some reason.

Curse words will exist for the sole reason when you want to curse something/someone. Issues with curse words are also more of a american thing, in europe they aren't much of a deal, and therefor rarely used for being 'bad'. Funny sideeffects is that, while european forums aren't necessary more civil, they use a lot less cursewords. Generally more of a matter of context here (e.g. in insults, etc).

People, I'll remind you that skirting the language filter is not appropriate. The language filter isn't the rule, it is a tool to help enforce the rule. Whether there is some non-PG language hidden in a texture within the game or not, we do not permit bad language here on the forum.

Also may I add to that?

This forum has more intellectual people than that. I mean, we don't have a need for those words 90% of the time cause most of these debates and topics stay clean and to the point. I've said it many times before but this is the most mature and friendly forum I've ever been on.

But I can say .... (edit: crap?) on the forum, can I?

edit: Oh come on american style forum software.

KSP's language rules were set by the admins, not by the forum software. This is true of any forum software. I've been members of vBulletin boards were the language rules were non-existent and any language was acceptable.

Given that in this case, the admins are Mexican, that you keep continuing to call it "american style" is frankly ignorant.

Well played Porkjet, well played. :)

Actually, now I realise how dangerous my rocket names have been: Big Penetrator, Big Hard Thrustmaster, Big Wobbly Pleasure Machine. There are *kids* that use this PC for gods sake! ..I will immediately go through them all and remove that overly suggestive "big" word. {sigh of releif .. no, not that kind of releif}

:P

And Sharedassets0.assets contains the f-word at offsets 0x23B248C, 0x1409B94E, 0x1409DC58, and 0x140B1ED2. Think of the children!

If you have to go searching around the data files to find something you find offensive that can't be found via gameplay, then it's not in the game.

Also, this forum does not censor the word "Belgium" which is far more offensive than any of the content so far discussed! What's up with that?

Also, this forum does not censor the word "Belgium" which is far more offensive than any of the content so far discussed! What's up with that?

Its also the name of a perfectly legitimate country.

mystery solved is a porkjet did download SpaceplanePlus v1.3 i see this http://i.imgur.com/9ctGLQH.png

Doesnt look like you mirrored it. If anything then I'm guessing it got made harder to read in case people did go digging around. I must say that's an excellent copyright protection method. :sticktongue:

mystery solved is a porkjet did download SpaceplanePlus v1.3 i see this http://i.imgur.com/9ctGLQH.png

Oh I'd bet Porkjet never downloaded SpaceplanePlus. Upload it, yes.

Doesnt look like you mirrored it. If anything then I'm guessing it got made harder to read in case people did go digging around. I must say that's an excellent copyright protection method. :sticktongue:

SP+ was a mod and not a stock inclusion before 1.0, which is when all the textures got reversed IIRC.