Preferred Gamemode?

TheHockeyPlayer

Which gamemode do you prefer?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which gamemode do you prefer?

career for me. sandbox gets old quick ; without limit (except your imagination), it feels like there's no challenge.

while in career, its different. Obviously, if you go normal, later if feels likes its back in sandbox, since you have nearly infinite budget and all the techtree is available, but its still a challenge to get there.

*shrug*

Unless I'm just testing things out, I'm usually playing career mode at moderate or higher difficulty. I'm avoiding hard mode explicitly, as reverting is often legitimate in a game as buggy as this, but went "custom" difficulty with hard settings otherwise for my new save. The juggling of finances in addition to everything else does make the game more involved, and you have to come up with more creative solutions than you otherwise would have with an unlimited stack of cash. To me, that's fun - though there is a point where it gets a bit too tedious, and that point will be different for every player.

Also, adding on things which make the game more involved, like RemoteTech and life support, are kind of mandatory for me now. The combination of it all makes the game challenging and enjoyable enough for me at the moment, and keeps me engaged.

To each their own, though. I'm not particularly a casual gamer, and I like a good "hassle". :)

Career mode modified beyond recognition (no contracts, different science system, fix costs, etc.)

So I voted Sandbox, because my game is basically sandbox with funds and not career any more.

Sandbox with Contracts and Science reports! IE Career with enough starting science to unlock the whole tree and ~50m spesos. Contracts can provide amusing challenges, science parts are fun, but grinding funds/science points isn't fun or difficult.

I quite like career, but in many ways I feel it detracts from the pure joy of building for the sake of building and inventing your own (often far harder) goals.

I really like the early stages of career, trying to make things work with a limited set of parts is a nice challenge, but after a while I find the contracts don't really fit with my own goals, so they just become grindy things I've got to do to pay for things.

At heart I'm a sandbox player, but sandbox feels a bit lacking without a reason for collecting science (and the whole RnD building being off limits make it feel like I'm playing a demo and there's no record of what science you've done), so I'm in a bit of a quandary about which mode I prefer.

I'm going to vote sandbox, but really it's a sandboxy-career; I play career legitimately to full tech tree unlock and then I start using the debug menu to force particular contracts to come up so I can do contracts that I enjoy and which are profitable enough to fund my own frivolous goals.

The main problem that I have with KSP is that i don't know what to do most of the time. That's why I prefer Career mode because it gives me some goals to complete to progress.

Career mode is also the mode I landed my first Duna lander in, because I needed the money :cool:.

I'd play career if it didn't have the money stuff, other than maybe challenges like "build a vessel capable to achieve objective X with a cost less than Y", so I'm sticking with science mode. Would love to see several career mode features added to science mode, just without the money stuffs. A daily 3 million grant in career mode might be acceptable too.

I'd play career if it didn't have the money stuff, other than maybe challenges like "build a vessel capable to achieve objective X with a cost less than Y", so I'm sticking with science mode. Would love to see several career mode features added to science mode, just without the money stuffs. A daily 3 million grant in career mode might be acceptable too.

Start a career mode game. Press alt+F12. HOLD Alt. After a few seconds you'll get buttons to add/subtract funds, science, and reputation. Mash the "+1 million funds" button 3 times. Press Alt+F12. Do this once per Kerbin day.

I don't get into career. I find it hard to get the science to progress through the tech tree in a resonable time.

And since I'm still a bit noobish in KSP, sandox mode is currently my choice.

What I would like is sandbox mode (all parts unlocked), but starting with rookie kerbals.

I'd like to having to train them, but without the hassle of having to build crappy rockets that ain't going anywhere because of lack of good parts.

As a medium noob, I'm not that efficient with my rockets yet. So I need some potent tech to compensate for it. :rolleyes:

I usually play sandbox mode because:

- I hate grinding for funds, science and reputation.

- I can only build inferior vessels because I need to grind to unlock more parts.

- The contracts are boring.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.