Cannot add tourists to ship, despite having room for them.

I have a mission to fly 2 tourists suborbital, my first tourist mission.

I added 2 inline cockpits behind my command module to accommodate them, when I go to the astronaut complex I can see them my active kerbals list.. but I cant do anything with them, there is no option to add/recruit them or any options of any kind whatsoever..

Whats the deal?:huh:

Ahh got it, now one answer leads to another question..

Added both passengers, took them on 2 flights.. still not "completed" it says they both want "suborbital spaceflight on kerbin" which I assumes means just go up and come down, dont even need to get into orbit, right?

I did one where I never left the surface atmosphere, and another up to 80k, laded safely still not completed.

???

Suborbital flight means you have to pass 70k altitude, but you dont actually make a stable orbit. If you make 80k orbit you should have completed suborbital flight.

Note that the game likes to reset crew members after you change your ship....putting the tourists in there once wont guarantee they stay there. If you made 80k then maybe your tourists werent actually in the rocket?

Edited by jkool702

Note that the game likes to reset crew members after you change your ship....

Used to be true, but this was fixed a version or two back.

I could be misremembering, but I think I had a 2-tourist contract where one only wanted a suborbital but the other wanted a full orbit. Try reading through the whole contract text, wingnutt. Also, the contract message display on the upper right should show which conditions have not been met yet.

If they just want a Suborbital flight, getting AP above 70k with the PE below 70K should do it.

In the game I am playing (With Tourism Contract pack) they want to be Suborbital above a specific point. (Typically the south pole)

IF you also have a way point in your contract, they want to be above 70k AT the way point, with the PE below 70K so your suborbital.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.