The worst thing about watching KSP on YouTube.

MacEriu

Yup! Once i yelled "Thats a lunar probe you dont need a barometer!" at a lets play as if the person could hear me. (Though it's been made useful in vacuum since then.)

My biggest problem is the video just making me want to play KSP so i don't finish the video.

Exactly, exactly... This is why I don't watch KSP videos anymore.

I just hope Dan and Arin don't play KSP on Game Grumps once it's out on PS4... Then I'm screwed.

To be honest, the worst thing about watching someone play KSP is when they make a simple, tiny, mistake building their rocket, then spend 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

Meanwhile I'm yelling at the screen, "Your fuel line is backwards dumba**!"

My biggest peev is watching others be slow/thick, applies to any game, I especially hate it when i watch 10 mins of messing about, then they edit out loads more, and they still haven't sorted it. Or they have built something entirely different after giving up at failing.

I don't mind a bit of trial and error, or tweaking, fiddling with small bits, so long as its editied, quick to watch, see the difference, and the video creator acknowledges what they were doing for educational purposes lol.

I've been found guilty of trying to rotate the view on a video, but that doesn't bother me it reminds me i should be playing not watching.

Hate watching other poeples loading screens. I have SSD, i dont record, and they're still long enough. If your making a video, you could at least edit that crap out its not hard at all. It should be mandatory you edit out loading screens if your not actively in commentary for those long few seconds.

I think its been covered in the forums before, its just typical you want to show something off for a video on youtube, so the sun sets and its nighttime. If you're actually making a video for youtube though, if you were any kind of director you'd be playing in daytime side, so your video isn't black on black, with shades of black, with a crappy shady voice over etc.

Laptops. I hate people using onboard mics from laptops. I can hear every keystroke you make, and half of all the keys around the one you pressed from your stubby fingers, feeling for the right key. Also onboard mouse clicky is crapy crap sound. Laptops should just GTFO.

Also, crap microphones/low voice overs/too loud game sounds/external other non related sounds (or any variation)

If i go on, i'll more or less be saying i'm hating youtube but thats not true at all, i can put up with some of those listed but those are just a few of what i dont like about videos of KSP on youtube. lmao essay

EDIT: Screaming. I hate it when people scream on youtube. For whatever reason, its more painful for me than funny. Its not funny at all 99% of the time. Its your childish mind getting all worked up about a video game, and i don't want to hear it like that.

Edited by keeper

jacksepticeye

Hated his screaming at first, now I'm loving it LIKE A BOSS !!!

The worst thing about watching KSP on YouTube…

… is that you should could be doing it yourself.

I play KSP on p.c. while watching Youtube KSP video's on my laptop :D

Edited by Triop

I'm guilty of all of the above.

The absolute worst thing for me is DasValdez' crappy crappy MIDI music. He does interesting and informative stuff, but I can only take about 10 minutes. I can understand doing music-video-style presentations, but if you're just talking and building, let me listen to my own music.

I wish Twitch had some multi-channel audio option so I could just turn it off and still hear him talk.

To be honest, the worst thing about watching someone play KSP is when they make a simple, tiny, mistake building their rocket, then spend 30 minutes trying to figure it out.

Meanwhile I'm yelling at the screen, "Your fuel line is backwards dumba**!"

And meanwhile your screen is checking out its wiring diagram to figure out where that pesky fuel line is.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guilty of all of the above.

The absolute worst thing for me is DasValdez' crappy crappy MIDI music.

That should be a rule, no white elephant music for KSP videos. Another rule should be take the kids and cats our of the room. Also don't speed the video up so fast that the veiwers eye muscles go into hypoxic spasm trying to keep up. I think all KSP videos should be set to the tune of Dio, imagine a failed reentry set to the climax of heaven and hell. That would rock.

Honestly, seeing some people advertise their channel like they were selling vacuum cleaners.

Medium being (a good part of) the message, I feel the sensationalist packages and standardized eye-catching techniques are kind of a disservice to what is shared.

Bah, I've never been a partisan of the Youtube-fame dream.

Edited by Plume & Akakak

Honestly, seeing some people advertise their channel like they were selling vacuum cleaners.

Medium being (a good part of) the message, I feel the sensationalist packages and standardized eye-catching techniques are kind of a disservice to what is shared.

Bah, I've never been a partisan of the Youtube-fame dream.

You must be Dutch. :sticktongue:

Being really frustrated watching someone else derp around something that you've already derped around and learned is neither fun nor restricted to KSP videos. Heck, I've recorded plenty of derps in my time even though I hate watching others'.

It's Millionaire Syndrome in another guise. Watch Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and you can't believe how dumb the people are. Actually try to play and you'll be surprised how hard it actually is. When you're watching, you ignore the fact that you didn't know what sea the Crimean Peninsula was in, and when the contestant said "Black Sea" you figured you would have said it, too. When playing without help, you start to wonder, "Caspian or Black?" and have to eventually flip a mental coin.

Also, something weird happens when you're recording, talking, and playing. Part of your mental capacity has to be devoted to being at least a little entertaining, and a sliver needs to remember to check the recording software every once in a while to make sure it's still going, and if you think of something funny or witty or just plain useful to say at the same time the "your landing gear should be down, dummy!" neurons fire, you're going to have recorded a very amusing landing attempt.

I can hear every keystroke you make, and half of all the keys around the one you pressed from your stubby fingers, feeling for the right key. Also onboard mouse clicky is crapy crap sound. Also, crap microphones/low voice overs/too loud game sounds/external other non related sounds (or any variation)

That's exactly why you rarely ever hear my voice on YouTube. I hate it when there is poor sound quality, so I will not subject others to my dollar-store headset. I figure the annoyance of me forcing someone to read a title card is less than listening to keypresses and mic clicks for 20 minutes.

The strange thing is, my microphone picks up my keyboard better than my own voice... I hate it so much I want to melt it.

I play KSP on p.c. while watching Youtube KSP video's on my laptop :D

I do the same thing. I'll have a video going on my tablet, with one earbud in, while I'm building something in the VAB on my PC.

I think the worst part about watching someone make simple mistakes in KSP, is when they're live streaming. I'll be watching them build something, I'll see the mistake being made, then just trying to be helpful, I point it out in the chat. Something simple like 'you don't need a fairing for that payload'. Then your suggestion gets completely ignored while they waste 45 minutes trying to figure out why their fairing doesn't work. Meanwhile I pop into the chat every ten minutes to remind them to take the fairing off. Finally they say 'alright! I'll remove the fairing but it won't work'!

(Yes this was a real incident.)

Seven minutes later we're in orbit. Do I get a 'thank you'? Nope!

It's too bad because I do enjoy watching live streams, and helping to contribute to the collective effort.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.