Linux support for KerbTrack and head tracking

raath

I've made a go at starting some kind of support going for head tracking on Linux with pizzaoverhead's KerbTrack but running into a few brick walls. I'm not a .net dev so if I'm making a total noob mistake please inform me.

I use LinuxTrack for head tracking in other games on Linux. This usually works via piping linuxtrack to a virtual joystick device (usually /dev/uinput) which I can then select as the head tracking input in most games.

I was looking at various .net libraries to pick up on joystick input and the only universal one that works on all OSes is OpenTK which I've downloaded and compiled. I've added a class to use the OpenTK framework but getting this error when trying to switch kerbtrack to it :

KerbTrack: Using OpenTKTrack

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'OpenTK.Platform.Factory' from assembly 'OpenTK, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bad199fe84eb3df4'.

Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for OpenTK.Input.Joystick
at OpenTKTrack..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KerbTrack.ChangeTracker (Trackers t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

I've compiled both OpenTK and KerbTrack in x86 and .net 3.5

My forked KerbTrack's last commit is here

Alternatively if there's an easier way of doing this then I'd be happy to look into that. Currently I have a work around going by assigning the Linuxtrack device to the Camera Horizontal and Vertical primary in settings -> Input -> Game but the input is relative so is there a way of altering this into an absolute value? That would allow proper head tracking.

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.