Use of KSP imagery third-party media

Orbital Vagabond

Few questions about the legality of using KSP brand images in third-party videos. I know I've seen people use KSP brand logs at the start of their videos.

Specifically this image posted on these forums here.

SX2Bdi6.png

I've looked and haven't seen any where any you-tubers attribute the image source or artist, though that doesn't mean that's the "right" way to handle it and the attribution may be in locations I haven't looked.

I understand that the music produced by Incompetech is "royalty free" and you can choose the license you use from their(his?) website, which gives *very* explicit instructions about how to provide attribution. I'm wondering if Squad has a KSP branding kit that gives similar guidance.

Their FAQ states: "We just ask to be given credit, a mention and a link to our website is enough. You must also make it perfectly clear that we are the copyright holders of KSP." Is statement a la "Kerbal Space Program/KSP is copyright of Squad", with a link, sufficient?

Finally, the FAQs state that it's okay to monetize KSP videos, but the forum rules (Specifically 2.2.i) state that links projects for profit are forbidden. Does this include monetized videos? Again, I know lots of people link to videos by Scott Manley, Cybutek, etc, but that doesn't mean it doesn't violate the rules.

Thanks in advance for any informed responses. I want to start a tutorial series, but I really don't want to get harassed/sued by Squad if I express an opinion that they don't like about something.

Edited by Orbital Vagabond

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.