Sinking parts

I found that mk3 fuel tanks are negative buoyant. I am working on a sub ocean dweller. Warning:on submersion it tends to obliterate itself. And I would have posted the file but what is the name of the game folder cause I can't find it.

verrrrrry interesting. Is it the LFO or the LF ones? do they need to be full? (logic would suggest yest but one should never rely on logic when running a simulator :P)

This is very inviting news to indeed try to make an ocean-dweller.

Yes, it seems that they really do sink. It seems to be a difficult task to build a mk3 sub though, since it needs a lot of electricity and SAS to stay upright if you did it the way I did, and SAS and batteries make it float. One time I did get it to sink, but not all of it:

omG9HJB.png

Or it stays upright but just won't sink:

jT5vply.png

We have discovered that the only part that sinks is mk3 rocket fuel fuselages. With this new knowledge we shall make a stock submarine without better buoyancy or any other mod. All are welcome to join. You will receive the file for the craft that I made based on this if you tell me where to find it in my files. file link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ba6grAqfXRazA3akFicWlHMms/view?usp=sharing

Edited by 322997am

• 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.