Kerbal Space Program 1.0.4 patch is now available!

SQUAD

Thanks Squad.

No reason to criticize them, a very quick hotfix for a bug like this is the right solution.

The criticism is for the lack of basic testing, not for the hotfix. The topic of "breaking old game saves" is probably in the top 5 common complaints for new game releases. It really should have been found before 1.0.3 came out.

If Squad want to be taken seriously by the big-wigs of PlayStation 4 (and good grief those are some seriously big wigs!) then they would do very well to tighten up their internal testing procedures. I know a fair amount about software development and release (business software and not games admittedly) and customer perception is not just a bullet-point on some consultant's slideshow, especially when there's some serious money on the table. PS4 could be the big break that squad deserve, since it brings the game to the attention of a whole new audience. I want them to do well. Releasing the game twice in a day makes the developer look like amateurs (and I no doubt suspect that Squad are embarrassed every time this happens). I know, I've been there more times than I would want to admit.

I adore KSP (1500 hours in 12 months, it's an illness), and Squad can do no wrong as far as the game is concerned in my eyes, but I've had more than my own fair share of rushed releases and panicked hotfixes to know that it is always better to delay a release and get it right.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Edited by wossname
Grammmerz

Thanks for your work, Squad folks. But, seriously, fix non-steam version patcher. It doesn't work at all for me. Really tired of reminding that.

Best place for this is the KSP bug tracker , honestly, someone could make a new issue that the patcher is not working for 1.0.3, set it as high, and get as many players as possible to vote for it.

Just a suggestion...

Edited by sal_vager

If it's a quick and easy hot-fix, why should we wait 2 months to get it? I say great. Bring me 5 more.

I guess the other option is to test for another 2 months and maaaaaybe catch this bug. Or maybe not. And then we'd wait longer for smaller updates, but they'd have less bugs. Maybe.

I adore KSP (1500 hours in 12 months, it's an illness), and Squad can do no wrong as far as the game is concerned in my eyes, but I've had more than my own fair share of rushed releases and panicked hotfixes to know that it is always better to delay a release and get it right.

Meh, I'm over 1000 hours in the last 4 months(Started early March).

(I am a little worried about withdrawal symptoms when my wife and I go on a scuba trip next week though... Hmm Squad HQ is 1600 miles from Cancun... I don't think I can talk my wife into that...)

The criticism is for the lack of basic testing, not for the hotfix. The topic of "breaking old game saves" is probably in the top 5 common complaints for new game releases. It really should have been found before 1.0.3 came out.

If Squad want to be taken seriously by the big-wigs of PlayStation 4 (and good grief those are some seriously big wigs!) then they would do very well to tighten up their internal testing procedures. I know a fair amount about software development and release (business software and not games admittedly) and customer perception is not just a bullet-point on some consultant's slideshow, especially when there's some serious money on the table. PS4 could be the big break that squad deserve, since it brings the game to the attention of a whole new audience. I want them to do well. Releasing the game twice in a day makes the developer look like amateurs (and I no doubt suspect that Squad are embarrassed every time this happens). I know, I've been there more times than I would want to admit.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

As a fellow developer myself, I couldn't agree more - especially as Squad took so long to get 1.03 out in the first place. Having said that I'm glad they did get something out, eventually - I was beginning to loose hope of this update appearing at all! (1.02 was awful, about the worst they've done). Moreover, from what i've seen, so far, it seems to work a lot better now.

Im finding it hard to care about any updates until the 1.1 update.

it just seems kinda pointless

that said. ive been watching and playing ksp since 0.16 and I cannot fault the development of the game BEST TEAM EVER.

the only thing I think they have done wrong is call it 1.0 before its features are complete.

Edited by joebopie

Thanks Squad.

No reason to criticize them, a very quick hotfix for a bug like this is the right solution.

Absolutely. Software development is hard.

Perhaps they could have called the patch "build" and add a progressive number to the 1.0.3. But that's a detail, just formality.

I tried KSP 1.0.3 on my Mac earlier today and it seems to be way more stable than the 1.0.2. And that's awesome! Not sure yet if I will finally be able to run at 64 bit though. But I'm confident that even that will eventually come at some point :)

Now looking forward to the upgrade to Unity5, like some other folks said :-p

Keep up the good work, Squad!

I swear to Jeb this is not edited at all! This really popped up for me! Steam didn't auto update or anything, it just happened! It's my first time using Ckan, is that the cause? O.o

DcHzJiU.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quick update, I checked and nothing was actually added. But why is it telling me this anyway?

Meh, I'm over 1000 hours in the last 4 months(Started early March).

(I am a little worried about withdrawal symptoms when my wife and I go on a scuba trip next week though... Hmm Squad HQ is 1600 miles from Cancun... I don't think I can talk my wife into that...)

Scuba=eva

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.