Low FPS in 1.0.4

Well I'm rather angry at this update. Seems some sort of major memory leak is back because even with low quality textures I still get roughly -5 FPS with a mere total of active parts (two vessels) equaling up to around 81. [REMOVED] I apologize for slightly overreacting. See page 2 for system specs.

NOTE: I did a test with no mods and I still get lag.

EDIT1: Dxdiag, Settings, and Log

EDIT2: Issue seems to have fixed itself, this thread can be closed now.

Edited by mike9606

Well it seems the issue with the camera derp I mentioned earlier is recurring. I don't want to sound whiney, but it feels a bit like this was rushed out considering that I've had 2 major issues that have essentially made my game unplayable due to an update for a single bug.

It takes 30 seconds and it fixes bugs that may potentially impair your flight. Why are there complaints here?

My main issue is the fact that all of s sudden quite small part numbers on craft have seriously dropped my FPS to unplayable numbers in flight. The editors are a bit laggier but perfectly usable. I think it is some sort of memory leak as changing graphics settings do nothing to help and on the same setting with 1.0.3 it ran fine. I use mods but the only new one is SXT and they all worked fine with 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 is only fixing a single bug.

EDIT1: I think its something to do with terrain as looking at the open hangar doors of the SPH produce lag but looking at the inside without seeing the outside world has no FPS drop.

EDIT1: I think its something to do with terrain as looking at the open hangar doors of the SPH produce lag but looking at the inside without seeing the outside world has no FPS drop.

Procedural terrain can do that sometimes. I wonder how No Man's Sky will handle this.

My main issue is the fact that all of s sudden quite small part numbers on craft have seriously dropped my FPS to unplayable numbers in flight. The editors are a bit laggier but perfectly usable. I think it is some sort of memory leak as changing graphics settings do nothing to help and on the same setting with 1.0.3 it ran fine. I use mods but the only new one is SXT and they all worked fine with 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 is only fixing a single bug.

How does it play without mods? That would be my first step in seeing if it is a KSP problem or one of the mods you use.

How does it play without mods? That would be my first step in seeing if it is a KSP problem or one of the mods you use.

I am 99% sure mods are not the issue as I had the exact same mods in 1.0.3. I'll check though.

Edited by mike9606

Perhaps you should be 100% sure before you blame the update like you have been. That and you seem to have had trouble with 1.0.3, too.

Well, it seems that that is the title for the thread these posts were moved too. Also, that name is incorrect. I only had issues with 1.0.4, 1.0.3 was fine. I think it would probably help if the naming error was fixed as 1.0.3 was perfectly fine, 1.0.4 is the issue.

Reproducing isn't very hard. For me I always get the FPS drops in the certain conditions (anywhere in flight, looking to the outside while in VAB and SPH). I'll look into finding the logs and posting them on the Bug Tracker.

EDIT1: Why does making a Bug Tracker account require my first and last name? I myself am not really too keen on sharing personal info online.

Edited by mike9606

Reproducing isn't very hard. For me I always get the FPS drops in the certain conditions (anywhere in flight, looking to the outside while in VAB and SPH). I'll look into finding the logs and posting them on the Bug Tracker.

EDIT1: Why does making a Bug Tracker account require my first and last name? I myself am not really too keen on sharing personal info online.

Feel free to lie on the first and last name. The devs don't care either :P

Also can you post system specs? Your problem has gained my curiosity.

Well, my computer has 8GB of RAM (7.89 GB usable according to the system specs window) and the processor is an Intel i7-4700MQ CPU with 2.40GHz of processing power. The computer itself is an Alienware 17 laptop, which has only ever had 1 hardware failure for me, which was when the hard drive mysteriously died (there were no viruses) a month or tow after buying it. I had the hard drive replaced and there have been no issues with the hardware since then.

EDIT1: Bug Tracker account created. Awaiting activation Email. I'm off to go find the logs.

Edited by mike9606
Status Update

I use mods but the only new one is SXT and they all worked fine with 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 is only fixing a single bug.
This is an important distinction; because 1.0.4 is only fixing one bug, it's important to remember anything else that changed to your computer - hardware or software - between 1.0.3 "working" and 1.0.4 "bad fps."

dxdiag is a DirectX utility. Go to Start / Run, and type in: dxdiag

It has a button to "save all information..."

Don't forget the path you save it under ;)

You might want to review the file that is saved, for personal information.

KSP logs: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program

This is an important distinction; because 1.0.4 is only fixing one bug, it's important to remember anything else that changed to your computer - hardware or software - between 1.0.3 "working" and 1.0.4 "bad fps."

dxdiag is a DirectX utility. Go to Start / Run, and type in: dxdiag

It has a button to "save all information..."

Don't forget the path you save it under ;)

You might want to review the file that is saved, for personal information.

KSP logs: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program

Whoops, I forgot to edit the OP to show that I did a test with no mods and still got lag.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, here are the settings, DxDiag, and log: LINK

Just checked out on plain clean install 103 against 104 with identical rockets and settings, launch and atmo flight through sonic transition. Lowest framerate was same and highest under 104 was slightly but not significantly higher (something like 3-5 fps more). Realized later that browser was open in background so that could have caused the difference.

So i'd try to sort out one of the mods or blame another process ...

k

edit: o, sorry, am on linux. Wrong thread ... too fast w/o thinking ...

Edited by kemde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.