Are the Kerbals you resuce from orbit ever not an engineer?

LordCurlyton

pff... My current Minmus operation:

1 resident engineer at the refinery, doing the mining and fixing wheels on fuel trucks that landed too hard.

It works for you? My engineers say they can repair wheels but when I try it says they're too low level. (2*)

I've only just got to Duna so will have to wait to return one to get more * and see if it works. (lvl 2 is max without leaving Kerbin right?)

It works for you? My engineers say they can repair wheels but when I try it says they're too low level. (2*)

I've only just got to Duna so will have to wait to return one to get more * and see if it works. (lvl 2 is max without leaving Kerbin right?)

I'm playing the Science mode, so all Kerbals are 5-star. I know for a fact the engineer needs a fairly high *-rating to be able to repair things, don't remember exactly but I think 4* is needed. But yes, it works and even the heaviest wheels break a lot. After recent fuel delivery to the tanker 3 out of 4 trucks needed to have their wheels repaired. Now the truck sent to refuel the laboratory sits on a plateau with broken wheel. (the laboratory will jump there when they finish their current science batch.) I really need to get more gentle with their landings. They are quite durable beasts that can take quite a beating, but not unscathed.

Could someone please point me to a guide that tells you what to do in order to level up the classes ? Thanks!

The KSP wiki on experience is a good start.

The level3 Tour is the following: take off from kerbin, orbit the moon, exit kerbin SOI (enter sun orbit then get back to kerbin SOI), land and plant a flag on minmus. Order doesn't matter. Preferably in a space Bus with 16 or 24 seats (the 24 flags are a pain to do, though)

The level3 Tour is the following: take off from kerbin, orbit the moon, exit kerbin SOI (enter sun orbit then get back to kerbin SOI), land and plant a flag on minmus. Order doesn't matter. Preferably in a space Bus with 16 or 24 seats (the 24 flags are a pain to do, though)

Damn I thought you would only get orbit XP from a complete orbit so the exit Kerbin SOI never occurred to me. I actually did a 16 seater full flag run on both mun & minmus just to get most to 2*. Well gosh darn that assumption. (game really should insist on a full orbit tho)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.