[1.5.x] Asclepius - A Kopernicus planet - SSTO playground

MrChumley

1 minute ago, MrChumley said:

No weird settings... :/ I just right click and create archive.   Linux 17.1

there must be something about the standard linux settings that is not compatible with the plugin I use to extract zips then >_>

• 7 months later...

Sorry for necropost, but I love this mod and I don't know what else to do.

Asclepius seems to work fine in 1.4, but for some reason Kruel looks roughly 2.5 times larger (everything is still the same, it still reads 60km radius and gravity is the same, it's diameter looks almost as wide as Asclepius'), and it's terrain sort-of dissapears when you're descending to it's surface, revealing a barren ball. It's a very wierd bug and I can't explain it any better.

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Sorry for necropost, but I love this mod and I don't know what else to do.

Asclepius seems to work fine in 1.4, but for some reason Kruel looks roughly 2.5 times larger (everything is still the same, it still reads 60km radius and gravity is the same, it's diameter looks almost as wide as Asclepius'), and it's terrain sort-of dissapears when you're descending to it's surface, revealing a barren ball. It's a very wierd bug and I can't explain it any better.

I ran into the same bug in KSP 1.4.2, and was not able to fix it.

So, my solution: just delete all files related to Kruel, effectively removing it from the game. Yes, it's a shame, that Asclepius doesn't have a moon in my install, but...

• 3 weeks later...

I finally gave in and updated to 1.4.5 :)I've been fiddling with Kruel trying to get it to work. 

I don't think I'm going to get it to work the same way I did last time just re-using Ike's textures.  So I've decided to just start from (mostly) scratch.

So Far:

RfwzES3.png

from the ground:

SfHZA4n.png

I'll have an Asclepius v1.4 for everyone soon .

Edited by MrChumley

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@MrChumley  I was having trouble getting the clouds to work, until I looked into ASCclouds.cfg and realized that I needed the original EVE configs as well as the basic mod. Since there are now a number of config sets for EVE in addition to the original, and since you can really only use one config at a time, perhaps the need for the BoulderCo configs should be noted on the OP?

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2019 at 3:19 PM, Warhorse said:

@MrChumley  I was having trouble getting the clouds to work, until I looked into ASCclouds.cfg and realized that I needed the original EVE configs as well as the basic mod. Since there are now a number of config sets for EVE in addition to the original, and since you can really only use one config at a time, perhaps the need for the BoulderCo configs should be noted on the OP?

Thank you @Warhorse 

I'll edit the OP.  I'm considering removing the ASCclouds.cfg altogether for the next release.  It seems to be causing more problems than helping.

As a side note: if anyone wants to help with getting Asclepius to work more seamlessly with SVE, Scatterer, etc...  I'd be very grateful.  I found a program that generates these configs awhile ago, but they were Windows only, and I run Linux.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 3/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, MrChumley said:

Thank you @Warhorse 

I'll edit the OP.  I'm considering removing the ASCclouds.cfg altogether for the next release.  It seems to be causing more problems than helping.

As a side note: if anyone wants to help with getting Asclepius to work more seamlessly with SVE, Scatterer, etc...  I'd be very grateful.  I found a program that generates these configs awhile ago, but they were Windows only, and I run Linux.

I'm not a modder and have no idea how to implement it, but is seems that this is still replacing the stock EVE files with the Asclepius cloud files.  Is there a way that you can specify to EVE that the Asclepius cloud file needs to only be used on that planet? Would love to add this to my universe, but it breaks EVE.  I am using the latest EVE from CKAN and KSP 12.3.1. I don't think it interferes with scatterer, at least not on my setup. Thank you very much for the mod though.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.