[1.5.x] Asclepius - A Kopernicus planet - SSTO playground

MrChumley

@MrChumley how would you suggest I run this mod in KSP v1.1.2 with Kopernicus v2:release-1-0-3? (The Kopernicus version is what I read off the CKAN metadata screen, though its forum thread just indicates v1.0.3.)  I see chatter above this comment discussing running modified .cfg's, but I've been having trouble with this.

If CKAN is the issue, I can happily install it manually.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2015 at 0:10 PM, Hades said:

I tried out your mod and made some pictures.

I liked the general appearance of landscape, the "rivers" or "cracks", and the fact that the atmosphere is only dense low makes you fly around in them, which I found enjoyable. It's like flying around in that only river on Kerbin, only there's more.

Yes I Like Them Those Pictures Are Very Nice.

• 3 weeks later...

It will probably just work. Seemed to in KSP 1.1.2 with its versions of Kopernicus at least. (Kopernicus on KSP 1.1.3 has a bug with other planet mods that move Kerbin, so I haven't upgraded myself).

• 4 weeks later...

*mad scientist voice*

They told me: Bash! Don't fly above Asclepius' dunes, you'll die! But I showed them! I showed them all! Muahhaha.

M27n6

No but seriously, I have no idea how I managed to actually fly over the 10000 kilometre mark. And by the way, those engines are the KAX electric motors. Same as normal engines, except it requires electricity to run instead of fuel. And I somehow managed to get a suborbital trajectory. I think it's mainly due to the low gravity, light design and big wings. There was so little atmosphere, I was getting speeds of 800 m/s

I had to use a ramp to get enough lift to get off the ground though XD

Love the planet, it's cracks and rivers look amazing! I'm working on a huge exploration mission, including ISRU and colonisation. I play New Horizons and put Asclepius in a binary relation with Laythe, for no other reason than because it looks awesome. 

Edited by BashGordon33

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 7:17 AM, Gordon Dry said:

I'm going to need more info if you need help.  Or was that an accidental post?

On a different note, I got EVE to work, and have been trying a few things... I think I have settled on a low haze that floats just above the dense air.  Any thoughts?  

Album zeDbw will appear when post is submitted

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GDJ said:

Very happy this mod has returned!

Thanks @GDJ ! :D

In other new news FarOut contract pack not only adds custom contracts, but now with the help of Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside assets, also adds several bases scattered around Asclepius that you can launch your ships from. (See OP for D/L links)

yPMR6cR.jpg

Thank you for being awesome!

Edited by MrChumley

Hi @MrChumley,

There are two old Asclepius-related packages in CKAN that have not been updating correctly for a while.

http://status.ksp-ckan.org/

NetKAN Last Checked Last Inflated Last Indexed Last Error
Asclepius-clouds 6 hours ago 6 hours ago 2 years ago Could not find BoulderCo entry in zipfile to install
ContractConfigurator-Asclepius 6 hours ago 6 hours ago 2 years ago
Could not find ContractPacks entry in zipfile to install

Both are looking for directories that are no longer in the main download, in one case BoulderCo, and in the other ContractPacks.

Are these still needed?

@HebaruSan

No they are no longer needed for the current install.

Asclepius now only contains a config for EVE clouds, and the contracts have been moved into FarOut contract pack.

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll try and get it straightened out.

*edit* I see that you are on the case..  Its cool if they are removed.

Edited by MrChumley
Hebaru is awesome

It's back? Wow, I've missed this mod. It was the first planet I visited beyond Kerbin, so I'm glad to see it's updated once again. I wonder if there's a nice niche for it in the New Horizons system (I might play around with orbit locations).

EDIT: I just spotted the compatibility note on the original post in this thread about New Horizons. Quite a coincidence; I was going to put it near Laythe too if it didn't fit in the system nicely (probably 60 degrees behind in the same orbit).

Edited by eloquentJane

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@MrChumley by any chance did you use some weird setting to compress the archives of Asclepius and Kronkus?

I am writing a plugin for GN that installs planet packs from the zip file and it is failing when trying to extract your mods

I extracted the files and re-zipped them and it worked fine.

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

@MrChumley by any chance did you use some weird setting to compress the archives of Asclepius and Kronkus?

I am writing a plugin for GN that installs planet packs from the zip file and it is failing when trying to extract your mods

I extracted the files and re-zipped them and it worked fine.

No weird settings... :/ I just right click and create archive.   Linux 17.1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.