[1.0.4] ACP-v7 - Atmo, Auroras, Stratus/Cirrus clouds, Lightning, Dust storms, Bioluminescence

HafCoJoe

Avera9e's Cloud Pack

I was originally planning on keeping this mod in the comments of the
, but I've decided to give it it's own thread after a user suggested it.
:)

This pack is dependent on the Environmental Visual Enhancement Sept. 5th release, which was created by Rbray89. Download it HERE.

Stock comparisons

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Changed atmospheres

Tinted auroras

(View on Imgur for better resolution)

Download:
- Reviewing complete. Download is up again!.

Installation instructions are included in the download.

License: Link - THIS MOD USES MODIFIED TEXTURES FROM KSPRC AND AVP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.

Enjoy~

Dodo list teehee

* Polar snowstorms

Change log

ACP-v8 Changelog

* Copyrights reviewed and needed textures replaced

* New main cloud texture for Kerbin, laythe, duna, and lightning

ACP-v7 Changelog

* Added better bioluminescence to laythe

* Lightning strikes more visible

* Improved clouds for Duna, polls are white, midlands are red-brown

* Dust on surface of minmus

* Atmosphere's for planets!!

Avg's Cloud Pack-v6 Changelog

* Added bioluminescence to Laythe

* Added Lightning to Eve, Kerbin, Duna, and Laythe (Adding more numerous strikes next release)

Avg's Cloud Pack-v5 Changelog

* Added sandstorms to Duna

* Removed duplicate .png particle textures I forgot to delete... oops

Avg's Cloud Pack-v4 Changelog

* Eve - Added purple-tinted auroras, 5 layers of clouds

* Kerbin - Added auroras, stratus clouds, stratus cloud shadows, cirrus clouds

* Jool - Added green-tinted auroras, Equatorial bands, Temperate bands (that rotate counter-clockwise)

* Laythe - Added blue-tinted auroras, stratus clouds, stratus cloud shadows, cirrus clouds

- A note about .dds conversions, textures converted to .dds have different transparency properties than .pngs, and thus they do not work with volumetric clouds. All textures that do not not volume have been converted to .dds, but I cannot optimize the rest, sadly ;.;.

Edited by Avera9eJoe
Abbreviated name, v8 released, new album embeds!

I do believe your captions should read "descending" instead of "ascending". :P

Indeed it should... :blush:

Is it some running joke people using 1.0.4 instead of the Actual 1.0.3?

Joke? SQUAD released v1.0.4 Today.

Well... I may or may not have forgotten to remove the particle .png's before uploading so... voila have release v5. :)

- I added surface dust storms to Duna too. If enough people want it I can add surface particle effects to the rest of the planets (like Astronomer's pack does).

Great pack! Looks great although it puts my computer on its knees.

To reduce the load, I tried resizing some textures (those bigger than 2048x1024) to 2048x1024 and suddenly um layer of black clouds appeared! Obviously I have to change the layer parameters (e.g. speed) do match another layer that originally had different resolution (probably to reduce RAM usage, great idea!).

Can you please (I know I've already asked for too much help on PMs) create a "lite pack" like EVE has done? (For now I'll eliminate this layer...)

Another thing, why didn't you convert all textures to .dds?

Oh! Another thing: aren't Duna's sandstoms a bit high? I'd like to simulate Andy Weir's mishappen... ;)

Any word on RSS version?

No RSS version, sadly. :( I might might might do a version for the more popular Kopernicus-tech pack though. If this gains more fame. - As to fame...

I technically have all the skills to make a pack equal in stature to Astronomers pack, but I'm too much in love with KSPRC to take away it's downloads. ;)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'd like to see a DDS version of this, as well.

Also, are the Dunar auroras like those on Kerbin and Earth? Or are they more like Mars--only one at a time, very faint, but covering a large part of the hemisphere?

The sad thing is that volumetric clouds doesn't work when you convert to .dds. It messes with transparency and causes the plugin to place volumetric clouds everywhere or in long strips. I compressed all the images that don't use volume though (I.E. the aurora and shadow textures). I would do more if I could. ;.;

All the planets us the same aurora texture and it's kind of a mix of both. The pictures give the best description :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.