[1.0.4] Q Orbital Systems [Pressurized Modules, Docking Antennae, and Stockalike Orion Capsule]

How's the Orion going? :)

No where at the moment. It's that whole "texture thing" that most parts have to have. Heh. Don't hold your breath. :)

Can you add RPM camera functionality to the window part? It just takes one properly placed transform and smal module in part cgf.

See above. I'll certainly try, but it'll be a long time before this part sees the light of day.

Yes... I like this.

Name: If you want a bit of irony, you can name it Scorpio, the mythological beast that killed Orion, and is also a constellation, but appears in the sky during summer instead of winter (maybe the other way around). According to the story I was told years ago, Orion and Scorpio appear at different times to avoid them getting into a fight and killing each other again.

RCS: What if you put the RCS in the parachute, like Beale's Gemini? All you really need are till thrusters, maybe pitch and yaw, but it's not necessary. Translation is not necessary either, the Service Module can do that, and you don't need translation control during reentry anyway.

Service Module: What type of solar panels are you planning on adding, the original round ones or the newer ATV style panels? Will the engine run on LFO/OX or monopropellant?

Name is still undecided.

I'd really like to make proper RCS ports in the correct locations. It's just a learning experience.

No clue on the SM. I'm afraid if I do any more than the capsule, I'll get sucked further and further into the SLS/Orion pit of things that never get done. I feel like so many dev out there start SLS, but never finish, or finish well. I have yet to see a real complete SLS/Orion add-on that feels really polished. We shall see. :)

Also, I'm updating the model for the Soyuz Antenna. This should be an easy job.

LY0iDVv.png

Edited by curtquarquesso

Q Orbital Systems development will be paused as of today. Development will resume in a few months. I have some life matters that need attending to.

See you in 1.1 guys and gals. :)

Take care, Curt. I hope things turn out for the best.

• 1 month later...
On 5.7.2015 06:09:00, curtquarquesso said:

Good timing! You don't have to wait long at all!

Pre Release 1.0!

jA3v3Lzl.png

How the "Thimble" is supposed to be attached and stowed:

qAQZCmTl.png

Deployed:

Ja8SFlxl.png

T-HAB in action. Show me how many neat uses you can find for it!

DYlsNIVl.png

Next up will be the alternate antenna meant for front mounting, and the Bernoulli PMM. Stay tuned. :)

- Yes, Fantastic - every detail fits !   unmistakably 'soviet' style :)  looks very great !

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.