Do you use designations for your spacecraft?

ouion

MSP= Modular Space Tugs

Tugs... doesn't start with a P...

Anyway, I do use them, in a sense; they all have 1 to 3 letter prefixes, with a common name attached to them. For example, my SSTO spaceplane that I'm working on is called the SP - Peregrine (SP for Spaceplane, of course). Improvements will usually mean there is a number attached to the prefix (SP-1, SP-2, etc.), while modifications for a specific task will result in a letter attached to the prefix; my Laythe-bound version, which will include drop tanks, will be the SP-H Peregrine.

I name them after where they go like mun roket. This rocket can go to the mun and back and not just deorbited but it has enough delta v to kill its orbit like on Minmus but on kerbin

Only once, SPARTA Science Platform And Roving Terrain Assessment it was a series of munar lander/rover craft where the lander had science experiments and the deployed robotic rover drove around looking for a flat spot to land a crewed lander later. I would the target the rover for landing the crewed lander, and the rover had seats for my explorers to use to travel around the landing site.

Before contracts I used to name just about everything. Now I just give everything a mission designation:KSC-XXX and increment with each launch. Up to KSC-042 right now in current save. The only exception is stations which I give an actual name to, but only after they are constructed in orbit. The mission that launches any part of them still only gets the mission designation. If there are multiple craft in a mission I just postfix them with "Lander, Orbiter, Rover" ETC. And finally if it's a multiple satellite launch they just get an ABC letter tagged at the end.

Not very creative on my part :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.