Visual glitches of ship in Mün Orbit scenario

Hey guys,

Not a bug, but rather a visual glitch on the lander of the Mun Orbit scenario, probably after resizing that small inline reaction wheel.

Why the legs aren't attached, I don't know.

Love this game. Keep up the good work.

KSP 1.0.4., win 8.1, 32-bit (alas ;) )

--edit--

I checked my stock copy of KSP. Same issue.

0PIHbf4.jpg

Edited by kreutzkevic

• 3 weeks later...

I've had the same resizing visual glitch with inline stuff before, I ended up refraining from resizing things like decouplers and sas. the legs though look like maybe you used the translate tool in the VAB without switching your placement mode (forgot what it's called, the one that toggles with the "C" key). if it is set to snap to surface it will reallign almost anything to what looks like a wierd secondary collision mesh.

I figure you may have resolved all this after a month but i figured i could respond more for other peoples benefit who are having the same issue.

I've had the same resizing visual glitch with inline stuff before, I ended up refraining from resizing things like decouplers and sas.

To be clear, this is a stock KSP issue, not a user-induced one. It's due to Squad resizing the small reaction wheel (the one in the craft used to 1.25m, not 0.625m) a few versions ago, but not updating the scenario and craft used therein - it still references the part named 'sasModule' which is the tiny one and not the 'advSasModule' which is the 1.25m one. The parts either side are spaced out because that's where they were when the RW was larger and, due to not updating the craft, that's where they remain.

The legs though, I've no idea. Could be a similar problem and the craft just needs to be updated (by Squad).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.