What do you HATE about KSP?

rokr

I hate loading, launching, and maneuvering a rescue ship for 45 minutes only to find out that the game auto-inserted a pilot into your saved craft. Grrrr... makes me want to strangle the developers. :huh:

Also, the targeting reticule on the nav-globe (or whatever it's called) sometimes jitters so badly that it can't be used since the last update. Has anyone else had this problem?

I hate nothing cause whatever is in this game is there for a reason and your pilot problem,just Eva the pilot and leave him There. There is nothing wrong with another rescue mission

I hate that it suffers no competitors for my gaming time. I have other games to play!

More seriously, my biggest pet peeve is the twitchy SAS when using modes other than stability assist. I know you can tweak gimbal range down or other tricks to compensate, but that shouldn't be necessary IMO.

I think they update the game a bit too often. It's great sometimes, to get some bugs fixed, but I'm still waiting for Infernal Robotics and the rework + expansions to update ( unless it works with 1.0.4 ) and if a new update comes before it updates, I'll have to wait longer.

I hate nothing cause whatever is in this game is there for a reason and your pilot problem,just Eva the pilot and leave him There. There is nothing wrong with another rescue mission

Oooh... I didn't think about that, thanks for the tip! This has happened to me about 3 times and every time I restarted the mission thinking I had no other options. I should be able to recover my pilot from the flight control center, right?

The fact that 64 bit isn't stable for Windows yet, I can't use any visual mods without it crashing after a while. Not that it matters because my computer only has 4GB of RAM anyways. :P I need to upgrade it soon.

I also dislike how the Engineer's Report doesn't have dV/TWR readouts but that might happen in 1.1.

More seriously, my biggest pet peeve is the twitchy SAS when using modes other than stability assist. I know you can tweak gimbal range down or other tricks to compensate, but that shouldn't be necessary IMO.

This. And crashes. And, honestly, all the little stuff that requires mods, like lacking delta-v indicators or KAC

I think they update the game a bit too often.

I politely disagree. It was 4 months between .90 and 1.0. Yes the hotfixes can be a bother to some(cant really call 1.0.3 a hotfix when it took a month and a half), but the meaty updates(.24,.25,.90, ect...) generally have a 3-5 month gap.

Hate is strong term, my issue is probably best classified as disappointment and it is to do with game performance, namely the GC related stuttering problem and serious limits to part-count. Both of these didn't used to be a problem, but since 0.90.0 they have become a major limiting factor in what I can do in KSP. I like complex designs, not necessarily big things, but things with lots of detail and now I can't build craft that are over 300 parts without the game becoming a slide show (in the past I regularly built things of 400-500 parts and still had reasonable FPS). The stutter issues means I can't have a complex space program, I've had to abandon my current career (40+ in flight craft & 40+ debris) because with that many in-flight craft the stuttering makes it unplayable.

I have other frustrations and things I wished the game had, but largely they are minor (certainly not worthy of hate). see my recent blog post for details.

I really don't mind things like OP describes, that's just part of pre-flight checks. I don't even mind some of the minor bugs, all I really care about now is that KSP get's its performance issues sorted out.

Fairing are confusing as all heck! Do I put the decoupler above or below the base? I've lost way too many probes to this! :mad:

You find that CONFUSING? Put the decoupler above the base. Then after the fairing separates, the decoupler goes off, releasing the craft away from the fairing. Putting the decoupler under the base just separates the fairing from what's under it, and not your payload. It's simple really, not confusing!

I politely disagree. It was 4 months between .90 and 1.0. Yes the hotfixes can be a bother to some(cant really call 1.0.3 a hotfix when it took a month and a half), but the meaty updates(.24,.25,.90, ect...) generally have a 3-5 month gap.

I didn't mean the major updates.

It's great sometimes, to get some bugs fixed,

I really don't mind things like OP describes, that's just part of pre-flight checks. I don't even mind some of the minor bugs, all I really care about now is that KSP get's its performance issues sorted out.

True, thats a part of pre-flight checks, but it's no less annoying to save a ship w/o a pilot then have the game override your saved ship. Also, the targeting reticule is no small bug, my friend... it's crucial to have accurate control.

Oh boy.. Here goes.. The twitchy SAS, the streaky land textures, the lowering performance, the terrible stock fairings, the crashes and general instabillity, the fact that we are still Beta testing a 'complete' game, the MASSIVE load times to load a craft into the VAB/SPH when you have a lot of craft saved.. WHY?, the sparse boring planets, career is just unlocking parts.. , no real science to speak of, the aero lag, the fact that terrain scattering is noclip, the right click bug, the overheating bug, the memory footprint, the GC nightmare, ect ect ect..

Oh and the fact that KSP takes all my time... I love the game. I do not love the issues above. Especially the performance issues. That for me is slowly killing the game.

I hate it when your Kerbal gets flinged out while trying to exit a pod or hold onto a ladder. Also Kraken.

Also this! It's worse in low gravity planets.

I hate it when your Kerbal gets flinged out while trying to exit a pod or hold onto a ladder. Also Kraken.
You hate the kraken?! He has defied our god!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy.. Here goes.. The twitchy SAS, the streaky land textures, the lowering performance, the terrible stock fairings, the crashes and general instabillity, the fact that we are still Beta testing a 'complete' game, the MASSIVE load times to load a craft into the VAB/SPH when you have a lot of craft saved.. WHY?, the sparse boring planets, career is just unlocking parts.. , no real science to speak of, the aero lag, the fact that terrain scattering is noclip, the right click bug, the overheating bug, the memory footprint, the GC nightmare, ect ect ect..

Oh and the fact that KSP takes all my time... I love the game. I do not love the issues above. Especially the performance issues. That for me is slowly killing the game.

You expressed everything I hate too! The tyrants at Squad should get them fixed NOW!

The experience "system" and especially that it is not moddable with configs.

Why do I need to send a kerbal to another planet to teach him to repair rover wheels??

That is not "progression", it is absurd player harassment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.