What do you HATE about KSP?

rokr

Maneuver nodes. It was a great tool to learn the game and use it for small trips, it has become a major hindrance for executing complex trips or small, discrete adjustments. The reason why is broke its because it relies on two very imperfect tools: the movement of the mouse, which can get stuck or "catch " on a small imperfection of the mousepad creating great surges into the vectors adjustment and player's wrist. Sadly we're not all 12 and our wrists don't function the way they did 30 years ago.

Yes, there are mods to alleviate the problem, but every time I use a maneuver node, I get the feeling an early alpha mechanic is still in the game and is not very good at what it suppose to do.

You can timewarp from the tracking station.

Also, rescue contracts get harder the more of them you do.  I took a contract for $160,000 and didn't stop to wonder why it paid so well, turns out, he was beyond the moon's orbit.

Edited by Corona688

15 minutes ago, Brownhair2 said:

Lag. I'm only getting 10 FPS at my Mun base, and it's not even that big. I think it has something to do with docking ports.

Maybe it's your OS. The OS that your computer comes with is the one it is hardwired for, and as you update it becomes less and less capable of complex programs such as KSP. This is why my old 4.0 GHz Mac can't run Safari. (yeh its from the 1800s) And, yes there are bugs with the docking ports. I looked at the models for the ports and there are some misaligned polygons in the window part of the port so I suggest getting Ven's stock part revamp. My new Mac can run fine at 180 FPS with a 14400 part Io base in RSS and about 200,000 ton boosters. 

As with the docking ports, the old shake it off Kraken is back. 

All the best,

M.Reynolds

Edited by Bluarc

Getting flung away when grabbing a ladder.

Lack of geological features on planets. Io-style volcanism would make Tylo 80% cooler, but even mere collision meshes for ground scatter would be a nice start.

15 hours ago, eddiew said:

"Cannot time warp more than 50x below <altitude above which all rescue contracts happen>" :huh:

Try warp-unlocker. It removes all those altitude restrictions(be careful on Gilly). It should be stock, it is stupid to go back and forth between tracking station(or some probe lying on the surface of a planet) just to time warp faster. It is supposed to be a safety feature so that players cannot skip through the atmosphere...well just go to tracking station then

Spoiler

Obvously I dont *hate* KSP, or hate playing it, KSP is great/awesome/unique/special/cool. But if I had to choose something to hate, it'd be this:

I hate that a good career game takes me about 6 months, and every time I start a new career after a major update, Im only halfway through before another update comes along and wrecks my mod build. I'm still waiting to see if I have to ditch my current playthrough after 1.1.3, most likely I will wait for 1.2, will probably have to start a new career, and will probably have to ditch that one too for 1.3 or 1.2.1 or whatever.

*edit*

My new Mac can run fine at 180 FPS with a 14400 part Io base in RSS and about 200,000 ton boosters. 

o_0

Flipping heck! Never been a fan of Macs but dang thats fast! Is that for real? 14400 parts? Do you have resolution set to 640x480 lol!?

Edited by p1t1o

The limitations of action groups is annoying to me. Why only so few and why are many commands not even available to put them into action groups??

The flickering of the shadows is an eyesore since 1.1

The overcompensating and jittering SAS is also very annoying at times.

I would not express hate over these issues, just annoyance. Its a video game, I would stop if my annoyance turns into hate.

23 hours ago, p1t1o said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Obvously I dont *hate* KSP, or hate playing it, KSP is great/awesome/unique/special/cool. But if I had to choose something to hate, it'd be this:

I hate that a good career game takes me about 6 months, and every time I start a new career after a major update, Im only halfway through before another update comes along and wrecks my mod build. I'm still waiting to see if I have to ditch my current playthrough after 1.1.3, most likely I will wait for 1.2, will probably have to start a new career, and will probably have to ditch that one too for 1.3 or 1.2.1 or whatever.

*edit*

o_0

Flipping heck! Never been a fan of Macs but dang thats fast! Is that for real? 14400 parts? Do you have resolution set to 640x480 lol!?

i will make a video labeld messing with ksp 1.2

On July 12, 2016 at 7:13 AM, p1t1o said:
  Reveal hidden contents

*edit*

o_0

Yeah. Macs are fast with KSP. It's the same for me.

46 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Yeah. Macs are fast with KSP. It's the same for me.

Meanwhile there's me with my Macbook laptop struggling to reach even 15 FPS with everything turned down to almost the lowest. Honestly I'm not even sure I can handle a station with as few as 50 parts. I'm probably going to need to use something better than just a laptop. I'm assuming you have an actual, high performance iMac?

On the other hand this slow motion gameplay somewhat "helps" me with reacting to emergencies and allowing for more precise actions. :D

Edited by SyzygyΣE

27 minutes ago, SyzygyΣE said:

Meanwhile there's me with my Macbook laptop struggling to reach even 15 FPS with everything turned down to almost the lowest. Honestly I'm not even sure I can handle a station with as few as 50 parts. I'm probably going to need to use something better than just a laptop. I'm assuming you have an actual, high performance iMac?

On the other hand this slow motion gameplay somewhat "helps" me with reacting to emergencies and allowing for more precise actions. :D

I use an iMac. I don't think MacBooks are that good at performance.

-How poorly science is represented. 

-How career feels more like scoring points than running a space program.
(Don't make me think about career, I'm enjoying this flight.)

-Crashes becoming the main complication on missions.

19 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

-How poorly science is represented. 

-How career feels more like scoring points than running a space program.
(Don't make me think about career, I'm enjoying this flight.)

-Crashes becoming the main complication on missions.

Yeah. I wish we had engine failure or program alarms. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.