How long is your initial load time ?

Josson K.

Is guess it mainly bigger part packs that take their time (because I have a few of those - KWRocketry, FASA, USI UKS(OKS+MKS), Karbonite+, KSO, Infernal Robotics. Plus the OuterPlanetsMod, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements......

57.51 seconds.

4-year old system

Win7-64

i7-2600K at 3.7 GHz

8GB RAM

GeForece GTX 500

Mods:

ATM aggressive, AntennaRange, CRP, CustomBarnKit, DMagic Orbital Science, Field Experience, Firespitter (pruned to only about 10 parts I really use), FlagRotate, RPM, KAS, KJR, HyperEdit, KIS, MJ, Mk2Expansion, NavyFish, RSCBA, SCANsat, Space-Y, SurfaceLights, KAC, US

Around 1 min with stock game, about 1.5-2 mins with KW Rocketry and a couple other mods. I have 4 GB ram (not sure of other system specs.)

I have noticed that, since the release of 1.0, loading time was decreased dramatically for me.

About 3 minutes. Close to 100 different mods now (and room for more, despite my kitbash of Astronomer's Interstellar VP, Endraxiels Planet textures, KSPRC, and Ven's Revamp) with most of the big part packs (KW, Tantares, Near Future, KSOS, HGR, UKS, etc. Really only missing FASA because this is a stockalike install) and a TON of gameplay mods.

Edited by G'th

0:00 starting KSP in Steam

0:11 loading screen appears

1:03 main menu appears

240 MB mods (585 MB GameData), KSP memory usage ~2.6-2.7 GB

AMD Phenom II X4 955

8 GB RAM

1.5 TB HDD @ 5.400 rpm

Windows 8.1 Pro x64

That's pretty much my exact same system, and my exact same results, but I was 2 seconds slower loading.

No mods, good SSD: about 14 seconds.

256GB SSD

16GB DDR4 at stock speeds.

i7 5820K at stock speeds.

1x GTX 660Ti

My best friend probably loads considerably faster.

His Rig:

Xeon 2680V2 prototype - Ten cores, sustaining 3.3GHz forced clock speed. I gave him that! :P

2x 256GB SSD in Raid 0

16GB DDR3

1x GTX 760 4GB

Edited by Camaron

• 4 weeks later...

I remember my .25 save being about 3 mins with a bunch of mods.

Now it took 33 seconds! A notable improvement.

I have around 25 mods installed. Total its 1.6gb on the hard disk running windows 7, its got 1.3GB memory usage on task manager. Its been about 60 seconds now on cue graphics card or cpu fan is on full whack now wahay

I'm on and off the game twice or sometimes three times when im on the computer, i end up joining other games online for short periods, so sometimes i minimise it others I close it altogether, depends on teh game.

Its not just the loading screen though, its the xx seconds wait between the VAB to KSC then another xx seconds wait to the SPH and back again another wait to get to the research screen, then another xx seconds back to KSC and another xx seconds to the contract place, which is more annoying, because I'm all over the place.

AMD 8350 8 core processor

120gb ssd hard drive mid range its a beast i cannot bare waiting MINUTES, that has always been the worst in gaming untill SSD hard drive. Even the crap ones are sooo much faster than normal hard disk drives. I highly recommend.

8gb ram

windows 7

nvidia gt 650ti boost 2gb

With about 112 mods installed, loading from a RAMDRIVE, time was: 2:45 minutes

While I'm not sure it's relevent, I am starting it with OpenGL and -popupwindow

ModuleManager has about 10396 patches

Intel i5-4670K, overclocked to 4.3 Ghz (quad core)

32 gig of memory, 8 gig allocated to a ramdrive

C drive is 256gig SSD, D drive is a RAID 10, consisting of 8 512 gig drives

nVidia GTX 760 overclocked

Windows 7, 64 bit

LGG

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.