[RESOLVED] IVA Kerbals spawn outside

When attempting to create an IVA... anyone ever had this happen? What did I do wrong?

http://www.datainterlock.com/Kerbaltopia/Maritime Pack/IVA1.jpg

Haha. That's funny to see.. But seriously without your config and model I'm guessing the transforms for your internalseats are in the wrong place. Have you set them to local in unity? Have you rotated your internal correctly before creating your mu file?

Haha. That's funny to see.. But seriously without your config and model I'm guessing the transforms for your internalseats are in the wrong place. Have you set them to local in unity? Have you rotated your internal correctly before creating your mu file?

Well, the .cfg is pretty simple

INTERNAL
{
name = FS_CargoBridgeIVA

MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
seatTransformName = RightSeat
}

MODULE
{
name = InternalSeat
seatTransformName = LeftSeat
}

}

I assume the internal faces the same direction as the mesh it's supposed to represent. The seats are inside the internal, named to match and facing, I assume correctly, so the Kerbals are upright and facing forward.

Here's the Unity screen. I did have the internal basically overtop the mesh for the external. But, I ripped it out and copied it over to a new scene thinking that might be it, then doubled it's size and exported it back to Unity thinking they might be bashing their heads... same result. I can move the internal seats and the Kerbals shift positions but anytime the seat is in a position to put them inside... it tosses em back to this location regardless of where the seat is. I was thinking this must be a 'default' location when it can't place them inside. I dunno... I'm all confused with this one.

IVA2.jpg

FINALLY! Omg this should not have taken hours to figure out. The IVA inside the runway, was me not remembering to set the layers when I moved the entire object from one scene to another. That was about 20 minutes. The rest of the time... several hours... was trying to figure out TT's IVA 'tutorial' listed in the mod development links. I had this really difficult concept with Z being 'backward'???? Seems pretty ambiguous.

Anyway, crude IVA in place. And below is a screenshot, for those having this same issue, showing the orientation of the IVA to the object I was attaching it to. I chopped the IVA out of the original model but didn't move it from it's location so that (theory being) as an IVA it would match the location on the external model for where I wanted it. It's rotated X 90, Z 180 in relation to the external object. The seats are rotated Y 180 in relation to the internal object. Yea, all confusing. You see why it took me a few minutes.

Anyway, thanks JP, you put me on the right track.

IVA4.jpg

IVA5.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.