[1.0.x]Contract Pack: Base Constuction [v0.2.3]

CosmoBro

What do you preffer for mining?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What do you preffer for mining?

• ISRU and drills on the surface then take the fuel to orbit
    • Drills on the surface, and IRSU on orbit then take the ore up to orbit
    • Another option (post your idea)

Yeah that's disappointing because is better to take the ore up to orbit because ore is lighter than LFO. But I like the idea of having two because that would let you to take small landers to take huge amounts of ore without having too much fuel capacity.

Dev notes:

Making some compatability fixes with severedsolo's KSS and USS (Fix was done by severedsolo)

Also fixing Requirements and a a KSS integration: Crew Rotation betwen the station and the base. Mining and ISRU betwen the station and the base(waiting for the pol)

And making a MM patch for the hard mode

Edited by CosmoBro

I personally prefer refining ore up in the orbit because I obviously intend to use that LFO to refuel crafts trespassing between base and Kerbin, or crafts before further travels. BUT mining and refining on the surface would be the best solution to keep base powered up even in very long nights on bodies with slow rotation (by burning LFO in fuel cells). So both variants are feasible, both have pros and cons. So why to determine one? Just say "Convert X tons of ore mined from the base into fuel", no matter if its done in situ or in the orbit, no? :)

I personally prefer refining ore up in the orbit because I obviously intend to use that LFO to refuel crafts trespassing between base and Kerbin, or crafts before further travels. BUT mining and refining on the surface would be the best solution to keep base powered up even in very long nights on bodies with slow rotation (by burning LFO in fuel cells). So both variants are feasible, both have pros and cons. So why to determine one? Just say "Convert X tons of ore mined from the base into fuel", no matter if its done in situ or in the orbit, no? :)

Well I need to do it somewere because a contract would be or to convert on the base then take LFO to a station or Mine, take the ore up to the station, and there convert it.

So I need a place: Orbit or Surface for refining

Well I need to do it somewere because a contract would be or to convert on the base then take LFO to a station or Mine, take the ore up to the station, and there convert it.

So I need a place: Orbit or Surface for refining

And can´t you make the contract to accept one condition OR another to be fulfilled in order to complete contract? I find making that decision instead of player a little bit too constraining...

EDIT: I mean: Mine ammount X of ore at a base Y, refine X ore at a base OR in the orbit, maybe deliver X ore back to kerbin? (since delivering LFO doesn´t make much sense).

Edited by Wolfox

And can´t you make the contract to accept one condition OR another to be fulfilled in order to complete contract? I find making that decision instead of player a little bit too constraining...

EDIT: I mean: Mine ammount X of ore at a base Y, refine X ore at a base OR in the orbit, maybe deliver X ore back to kerbin? (since delivering LFO doesn´t make much sense).

Maybe but is kind of complicated but I'll give it a try later

Maybe but is kind of complicated but I'll give it a try later

I use your mod (thank you for your work btw!), I just don´t want to be forced to do that either way. Different setups are better under different circumstances and for different purposes. For example, I am planning refueling base on Minmus with orbital refinery to resupply crafts just before leaving Kerbin SOI, I don´t like idea of being pushed to do it other way just because contract wants it, but at the same time I want to profit from fulfilling contract alongside way.

First release! now it's not a Beta! v0.1.2 :D

-KSS and USS compatability hotfix(severedsolo).

-Various requierements fixed and added.(again thanks severedsolo)

EDIT:

I use your mod (thank you for your work btw!), I just don´t want to be forced to do that either way. Different setups are better under different circumstances and for different purposes. For example, I am planning refueling base on Minmus with orbital refinery to resupply crafts just before leaving Kerbin SOI, I don´t like idea of being pushed to do it other way just because contract wants it, but at the same time I want to profit from fulfilling contract alongside way.

Oh yeah it just that this would be a KSS integration so I need to know where for severedsolo to make a contract for fuel capacity or ISRU but I'll try to do it by letting the player choose. If you see I don't obligate the player to build the base on mun or minmus the player can build it anywhere so I'm tying to make it with everything choosable:)

Edited by CosmoBro

Oh yeah it just that this would be a KSS integration so I need to know where for severedsolo to make a contract for fuel capacity or ISRU but I'll try to do it by letting the player choose. If you see I don't obligate the player to build the base on mun or minmus the player can build it anywhere so I'm tying to make it with everything choosable:)

Exactly! I believe that contracts should lead the player, leaving enough room for creativity how to achieve goals, instead of giving strict instructions of how to do what. :-)

When using RemoteTech, the antenna are not detected, as seen in this screenshot http://i.imgur.com/Mpxxxp9.png

Here is a quick fix only for Remote Tech:

Change this:

PARAMETER
{
name = Antenna
title = Have an Antenna on board
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true
partModule = ModuleDataTransmitter
minCount = 1
}

To this:

PARAMETER
{
name = Antenna
title = Have an Antenna on board
type = PartValidation
hideChildren = true
partModule = ModuleRTAntenna
minCount = 1
}

On the GameData/ContractPacks/BaseConstruction/Create/BaseScan.cfg

This is waiting for a release

Awesome Contract pack!! I am sure i am doing something wrong. I am still having an issue with the Remote tech not IDing the antennas. Is this fix save game compatible? The survey sat i have in orbit around Minmus still does not complete the contract and launching a new one still has the antenna unchecked? I have the 0.1.3 Version. Keep up the good work!

Awesome Contract pack!! I am sure i am doing something wrong. I am still having an issue with the Remote tech not IDing the antennas. Is this fix save game compatible? The survey sat i have in orbit around Minmus still does not complete the contract and launching a new one still has the antenna unchecked? I have the 0.1.3 Version. Keep up the good work!

Mm it should be working through saves but was the contract accepted before it was updated because if that is your situation you should cancel and then reaccept the contract I think.

I'll check in a moment

Mm it should be working through saves but was the contract accepted before it was updated because if that is your situation you should cancel and then reaccept the contract I think.

I'll check in a moment

Thank you I will try that. :)

It worked!! It just took a little time to register the fix. Next time ill wait a little while before i cry wolf. Once again Great mod and thanks for the fast and accurate feedback!!!

Edited by SpaceMonkeyExile

Thank you I will try that. :)

Ok and yeah I've check and everything was ok so I don't know what is happening.

Dev notes:

Making a MM patch for "Hard Mode"

KSS integration(mining and crew rotation)

New contract that you loose comunication with the base and you need to check out what's happening(New CC ChangeVesselOwnership Behaviour)

Minor Fixes

It worked!! It just took a little time to register the fix. Next time ill wait a little while before i cry wolf. Once again Great mod and thanks for the fast and accurate feedback!!!

Ok that's great and it doesn't matter if something doesn't work just tell me and I'll look for a fix :)

Mining on the ground, fuel to orbit, but I disabled 'ore' in config altogether because I hatehatehate that it has a 1:1 resource:fuel mass and use custom ISRU configs with mod resources (water mostly).

Mining on the ground, fuel to orbit, but I disabled 'ore' in config altogether because I hatehatehate that it has a 1:1 resource:fuel mass and use custom ISRU configs with mod resources (water mostly).

Yes I don't like that too. I'm thinking on Karbonite and MKS support maybe for mining but now I'm kind of busy so this is going to be slow

New version : v0.1.4

Changelog:

Hotfix: The Contract pack is not working because the RT fix Now it does work Add new parameters.

Complete Changelog

Now I have more free time because before I was with almost no free time. So now I coud work better on these:D

Dev notes:

Making a MM patch for "Hard Mode"

New contract that you loose comunication with the base and you need to check out what's happening(New CC ChangeVesselOwnership Behaviour)

Minor Fixes

EDIT: Now with Contract Configurator 1.5.1 the scan contract is broke(my fault, not nightingale's) So I'll do a hotfix release tomorow.

Quick fix

Delete this from GameData/ContractPacks/BaseConstruction/Create/BaseScan.cfg

REQUIREMENT
{
name = Orbit
type = Orbit
targetBody = @/targetBody2
cooldownDuration = 9d <==DELETE THIS LINE
}

Edited by CosmoBro

New Version 0.2.0

Changelog: Minor Fixes, Now you can built unlimited bases anywhere(1 per body). Hard Mode with docking added (check OP)

Communications Problems on base contract added

Complete Changelog

Should I add the docking as an optional parameter that gives more funds? better than this MM patch?

Dev notes:

Is AntennaRange supported? It's like an ultra-light version of Remotetech that modifies the stock antennas only. I noticed it didn't detect my antennas.
CosmoBro - AntennaRange support is much like RemoteTech, see here for an example.

Oh, I was going to add antenna range support on the last update but, I forgot to add it so maybe on the next release I'll add it. Other minor problems will going to be fixed on 0.2.1 maybe in a few hours I'll be releasing it. Thanks for reporting autumnalequinox

Ok New release: v0.2.1

Changelog : Antenna Range compatibility fix. Minor fixes

Complete Changelog

EDIT: for next release I'll add Science Outpost contracts to this contract pack since the Surface Exploration contract pack is a death project because Whyren has created the Contract Pack: Rover Contracts and that is overlaping the my rover contracts so that's why my project is death.

Edited by CosmoBro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.