[1.0.x]Contract Pack: Base Constuction [v0.2.3]

CosmoBro

What do you preffer for mining?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What do you preffer for mining?

• ISRU and drills on the surface then take the fuel to orbit
    • Drills on the surface, and IRSU on orbit then take the ore up to orbit
    • Another option (post your idea)

Is there any known way to "reset" the initial base building contract? A few versions back, I had a probe in orbit for the initial survey mission and because of antenna range didn't get a check mark for antenna. Thinking a conflict, I F12 debugged the contract to "complete". Obviously, that did something bad and I never saw any follow ups. So to fix it, I went back into debug and removed the contract from the archieves. Since then, I have reinstalled the newest, fixed Base Construction Pack.

Still have yet to see any survey contracts pop up after much declining (usually they would be rather common). Is there a flag somewhere in my save file or such I can delete to "reset it"? Or is it just a matter of luck and waiting? (I have quite a few contract packs and Mission Controller running, although with many of it's own contracts disabled to keep from spamming).

Edit: I scrolled through all my contract records in my persistent save file and there is no record of the first base survey contract, just to rule that out.

Edited by autumnalequinox

Is there any known way to "reset" the initial base building contract? A few versions back, I had a probe in orbit for the initial survey mission and because of antenna range didn't get a check mark for antenna. Thinking a conflict, I F12 debugged the contract to "complete". Obviously, that did something bad and I never saw any follow ups. So to fix it, I went back into debug and removed the contract from the archieves. Since then, I have reinstalled the newest, fixed Base Construction Pack.

Still have yet to see any survey contracts pop up after much declining (usually they would be rather common). Is there a flag somewhere in my save file or such I can delete to "reset it"? Or is it just a matter of luck and waiting? (I have quite a few contract packs and Mission Controller running, although with many of it's own contracts disabled to keep from spamming).

Edit: I scrolled through all my contract records in my persistent save file and there is no record of the first base survey contract, just to rule that out.

Mmm you should check the alt f10 menu (Contract Configurator) and check the base construction, then the group called Create and look for the BaseScan contract. There you can go on top of this window click "Force Check Requirements" and check which requirement is yellow after that. The yellow ones are not metted requirements you should check them to see what you're missing. But I think you should warp like 10 days just to be sure.

I'm having an issue where the initial base scan contract isn't appearing, even after multiple landings on mun/minmus. I've had the contract pack installed since the start of this save. The debug menu shows a number of parameters & expressions with warnings, mostly down towards the bottom of the base scan contract, but I can't make sense of them to determine what's missing.

Any ideas?

I'm having an issue where the initial base scan contract isn't appearing, even after multiple landings on mun/minmus. I've had the contract pack installed since the start of this save. The debug menu shows a number of parameters & expressions with warnings, mostly down towards the bottom of the base scan contract, but I can't make sense of them to determine what's missing.

Any ideas?

Same thing here as DivideByZero essentially.

I see a "Reload Contracts" in the debug. Is this safe to hit?

Can you both send me a screenshot of the alt f10 menu with the Requirements checked? Also the warnings are for unmmeted parameters. If you have less than 20 planets(In stock you have less) It will appear yellow

Can you both send me a screenshot of the alt f10 menu with the Requirements checked? Also the warnings are for unmmeted parameters. If you have less than 20 planets(In stock you have less) It will appear yellow

And toss a KSP.log in there too... I'm getting more than a few "no contracts showing up" bug reports the last week to be just a coincidence.

Alt-f10 debug link: http://imgur.com/MjCJZqJ

That Requirement: Orbit (Moho) looks funny to me since I've never been there in this save.

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqyrhft57jbfrq6/KSP.log?dl=0

I'm also running the contract packs: ScanSatLite, Advanced Progression, and KerbinSpaceStation and not seeing any issues there that I can identify.

edit: wrong screenshot, here's the correct one showing that Moho requirement: http://imgur.com/sYov8UN

Edited by DivideByZero

Alt-f10 debug link: http://imgur.com/MjCJZqJ

That Requirement: Orbit (Moho) looks funny to me since I've never been there in this save.

KSP.log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqyrhft57jbfrq6/KSP.log?dl=0

I'm also running the contract packs: ScanSatLite, Advanced Progression, and KerbinSpaceStation and not seeing any issues there that I can identify.

edit: wrong screenshot, here's the correct one showing that Moho requirement: http://imgur.com/sYov8UN

Yeah that Moho thing is something that I'll fix on the next release (just 1 number missing) but that's not your problem since you have all the requirements metted so maybe CC bug? And I've looked onto the KSP.log and no CC exeption just warnings so I dont really know whats happening there. try warping and using the f12 debug menu to clear the current contracts.

Same here. Like identical. The orbit moho one stood out. Also running those other contract packs with no problems.

- - - Updated - - -

(only difference is that I have the Outer Planets mod installed with additional planets)

Yeah but still need the KSP.log for nightgale and the screenshot will be very good because the Outer Planets thing.

Yeah that Moho thing is something that I'll fix on the next release (just 1 number missing) but that's not your problem since you have all the requirements metted so maybe CC bug? And I've looked onto the KSP.log and no CC exeption just warnings so I dont really know whats happening there. try warping and using the f12 debug menu to clear the current contracts.

No luck, I'm afraid. I cleared all contracts with F12, warped through 2-3 sets of new offered contracts, force-checked requirements again (no change), warped through 2-3 sets of contracts, etc.

Is there a way to manually force the scan contract to appear for a particular body?

No luck, I'm afraid. I cleared all contracts with F12, warped through 2-3 sets of new offered contracts, force-checked requirements again (no change), warped through 2-3 sets of contracts, etc.

Is there a way to manually force the scan contract to appear for a particular body?

Nop no way ;.; so I'll wait until nightgale see this to check if there's no Contract configurator problem.

Hmmm.... I think the issue is in your contract, CosmoBro. In the BaseScan.cfg, you have this:

DATA    {
type = Vessel
requiredValue = true
targetVessel1 = [ BaseScanner ].Where(v => v.IsOrbiting()).Random()
}

Which looks like a duplicate entry from BaseRover. Because the define for BaseScanner is also in BaseScan, the targetVessel1 variable can never get assigned a value, and because it has requiredValue set to true this contract will never be offered.

Hmmm.... I think the issue is in your contract, CosmoBro. In the BaseScan.cfg, you have this:

DATA    {
type = Vessel
requiredValue = true
targetVessel1 = [ BaseScanner ].Where(v => v.IsOrbiting()).Random()
}

Which looks like a duplicate entry from BaseRover. Because the define for BaseScanner is also in BaseScan, the targetVessel1 variable can never get assigned a value, and because it has requiredValue set to true this contract will never be offered.

Uuh thanks for that I'll fix this on the next release. Really thanks bud. But It's weird because somehow I appear to me but I'll fix this very quick. Also for the ones on a hurry you can edit the requiredValue = true to requiredValue = false I'll add the new release on a moment anyway.

Uuh thanks for that I'll fix this on the next release. Really thanks bud. But It's weird because somehow I appear to me but I'll fix this very quick. Also for the ones on a hurry you can edit the requiredValue = true to requiredValue = false I'll add the new release on a moment anyway.

If you already have a BaseScanner vessel in your game (likely from previous testing), then it'll work fine - that's why it's likely showing up for you.

If you already have a BaseScanner vessel in your game (likely from previous testing), then it'll work fine - that's why it's likely showing up for you.

Yes I know but I think It worked on a new safe but it doesn't matter now.

And

Version 0.2.2released right now.

Changelog: Hotfix for the Base Scan contract.

Complete Changelog

EDIT: Also I'll go offline now! so expect a 9 or more hours delay from any reply

Edited by CosmoBro

Hey there, I just raised a small, minor issue on github but figured I'd post it here too. For what it's worth, I managed to complete this just by switching to scanners already in orbit around Mun/Minmus, then back to the Kerbin one.

-------

Line 62 of BaseScan.cfg (and hence the contract itself) says:

title = Launch a new scanner into @/targetBody2 orbit

When stock contracts say "Launch a new satellite" it means it must be a NEW, not-already-launched vessel. I initially thought the same was true for this contract but it's not - you can complete it with already-present craft.

It should probably be tweaked - to language similar to "Have a scanner in @/targetBody2 orbit", or to actually require it being a new probe.

Hey there, I just raised a small, minor issue on github but figured I'd post it here too. For what it's worth, I managed to complete this just by switching to scanners already in orbit around Mun/Minmus, then back to the Kerbin one.

-------

Line 62 of BaseScan.cfg (and hence the contract itself) says:

title = Launch a new scanner into @/targetBody2 orbit

When stock contracts say "Launch a new satellite" it means it must be a NEW, not-already-launched vessel. I initially thought the same was true for this contract but it's not - you can complete it with already-present craft.

It should probably be tweaked - to language similar to "Have a scanner in @/targetBody2 orbit", or to actually require it being a new probe.

Yeah just like I've posted on GitHub Yeah thanks for this. What do you prefer ? To actually require a new probe or to just change the title

Well, I like GH, but I'll reply here so it's easier for others to chime in. ;) tl;dr - I vote change the wording.

I actually think this contract needs a slight rework. The point is to force the user to somehow "check out" the planet/moon beforehand, whether by SCANsat or the stock ISRU-scanner by:

- Probe

- Orbit

- Scan

So, why the need to re-orbit Kerbin? That didn't make sense to me, especially since, in theory, the antenna would relay all the information. I think it makes perfect sense to just need a probe doing some scanning, so I think the wording can just be changed and it's alright for it to be a pre-existing scanner.

One thing you could include (more work, though, for you and the users) is to require that the probe has actually transmitted some sort of scanning data. I'm no ContractConfigurator whiz, but is it possible to check to see if the probe sent back scanning data? If so, that could be a good middle ground. So, I can use my SCANsat probe already around Minmus, but I have to actually send back data to Kerbin. You'd have to allow it to just auto-process if scanning data is maxed-out, though, since ISRU is all or nothing; if someone isn't running SCANsat, and has already ISRU-scanned Minmus, they need a way to be able to trigger it. So, maybe this isn't such a good fix.

I suppose the logical work-around is to offer some scanning contract if there is something they haven't scanned, but if they've maxed out ISRU or SCANsat, screw it just let 'em build the base there without the first basescan contract. Is that possible?

I just made your life harder, sorry!

I had a bit of an issue with the Rover Contract. I launched a rover to the Mun (where I already completed a scan). I left the rover in orbit and did some other stuff that came up on my Alarm Clock "checklist". I come back later to the rover to complete the mission and the parameters for "antenna", and "orbit Kerbin" are no longer checked and I cannot complete the mission.

I'm going to try one more time with the focus on the rover the entire time and see what happens, just in case. Mostly because my rover is part of a 3 part vessel, an autonomous transfer stage, skycrane, and the rover, each with it's own core. I changed the core control a few times, which might have messed things up. If memory serves I might have lost the parameters when I detached the rover/skycrane. This time I'm going to control it from the skycrane only and not detach it until the mission is complete and see if that's the problem. If not, I'll post everything I have.

Well, I like GH, but I'll reply here so it's easier for others to chime in. ;) tl;dr - I vote change the wording.

I second the wording change. Having to launch new missions for each stage of the construction phase is OK for the mun/minmus but wouldn't scale well outside the Kerbin system. Setting up a base on Laythe would take 2-3 years for the scan contract (launch window + travel time), another 2-3 years for the rover, another 2-3 years for the habitat...

Better to just be able to send one mission with a scanner, rover, habitat, crew, etc in one go and land them down one after another.

y0zers. I discovered CC's secret menu and it told me that it couldn't load your base construction pack. There were some trivial deprecation warnings about "add" and "remove" becoming "unlockCriteria" and "lockCriteria"

But, more seriously, there were hard errors because i don't have RemoteTech installed and it was barfing. Maybe have moduleManager toggle parts of your configs based on existence of RemoteTech? hmm, maybe it's my fault because I had a few remnants of RemoteTech but not the entire package...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.