[1.0.x]Contract Pack: Base Constuction [v0.2.3]

CosmoBro

What do you preffer for mining?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What do you preffer for mining?

• ISRU and drills on the surface then take the fuel to orbit
    • Drills on the surface, and IRSU on orbit then take the ore up to orbit
    • Another option (post your idea)

Do you want to have more bases but there's no funds and you need more science? Ever thinked that there should be problems on the bases? Have you ever wanted to scan, then explore and after that make the actual base? Now you got this:

This is a Contract Configurator contract pack for base constuction and mantenaince. This CP is made for letting the player build a base on any body and then expand it and maintain it. The stock base contracts are disabled. All the vessels listed as a base are going to be affected by the mantenaince contracts. Since the contracts doesn't need docking, just land very close to the core, MKS and KAS are supported. This also support SCANsat for the scanning contract. And USILS, TACLS and IFILS are supported for the life support contracts.

This is how a complete base look like:

screenshot0_zpsr7yohnsb.png

You can clearly look at the rover and notice there are no phisical conections between the Base phases.

This had a dev thread.

This is a little summary of the contracts

//Create Contracts

1. Scan for a suitable location for the new Base: Choose a body for the new base

2.Land a rover on the choosen body

3.Base Creation on choosen body: A simple base created on the choosen body (note: this must be unmanned)

4. Base Population: Put kerbals on the base (just appears if there aren't kerbals on the base)

5.Science Expansion for the choosen body Base: Put a science lab near the base

6.Crew Expansion for the choosen body base: Add extra crew space to the base

7.Life Support Expansion for the Base: (It'll only appear if you have TACLS or USILS): Add some LS converters

All Base Create Contracts can be done on any Celestial body (1 time per body)

//Manteinance Contracts

8.Do a supply run to the choosen body Base.(It'll only appear if you have TACLS,USILS or IFILS): Bring food down to the base

9.Do a crew rotation to the Base: Just take 2 kerbals from the base and put another 2 there

10.Communication problem on the Base: There's no connection with the base, send a vessel to check the base

Extra

10.Medical Emergency on board the Base(thanks to severedsolo for this one): Evacuate a kerbal from the base and bring him back to kerbin

Download:

CKAN: Contract Pack: Base Constuction

Manual instalation: Github

This need some mods for working

Contract Configurator (min. v.1.6.4)

Contract Configurator is licensed under the MIT License.

Module Manager (min. v.2.6.7)

Module Manager is licensed under the CC share-alike license

Also there are some mods that I like and can complement your game experience with this contract pack

USI Kolonization Systems for the base parts and also a Proximity logistics that allow you to transfer resources from disconnected bases

USI Life Support I do recommend you this because is a simple LS but if you want TACLS or IFILS it doesn't matter because they're all supported

Kerbal Attachment System For the pipes that alow conection without docking

SCANsat for the scanning system that would let you to choose a better landing spot

Nav Hud that helps for target landing

Hard Mode: DOWNLOAD

With thhis you would need to dock the base phases (just affect the creation contracts)

Planned features

-More Contracts

-Mining Contracts?

-EPL Contracts?

-I'm open to recommendations:D

Changelog

Source: Github

Thanks to : severedsolo and nightingale for making this possible.

License:

This is released under the MIT License

It also come in the download.

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Edited by CosmoBro

I'm definitely going to add this to my 1.0.4 career. There are contract packs for station construction and upkeep but strangely nothing on the bases, until now! :)

Yes i take the iniciative from severedsolo's space station contracts

Congratulations on the release! I've been waiting for this!

Are you going to release on CKAN?

Edit: you might want to make the download link a bit clearer. It took me a while to find it.

Thanks and yes, I'm making the .netkan file but having some trouble testing.

EDIT: Is the download now clear?:D

Edited by CosmoBro

Congratulations for your release! I wanted to work on this since a long time, I had even started to make some contracts but I wasn't brave enough to go through the whole process! Thank you for this, it's very cool and useful!

P.S. : If you see this, sorry severedsolo for never answering your cool PM few month ago...

This looks awsome! You could disable the stock resource contracts and make contracts for your base. Like: Collect X units of ore and land them on kerbin.

Yeah that's a good idea I have thought on this but these ideas are too simmilar to the stock ones so I was thinking on some way to make a refuelling phase to the base but that's an idea for now. Also I have thought on make tourist visit the base but also that's just an idea

Edited by CosmoBro

Yeah that's a good idea I have thought on this but these ideas are too simmilar to the stock ones so I was thinking on some way to make a refuelling phase to the base but that's an idea for now. Also I have thought on make tuorist visit the base but also that's just an idea

How about a bit of KSS integration? You can run ISRU contracts from the base to the KSS for refining (or run fuel up to the KSS?). I was thinking of doing a bit of reverse integration anyway, so my evac missions would require kerbals to be evacuated to your base (if they have it installed).

How about a bit of KSS integration? You can run ISRU contracts from the base to the KSS for refining (or run fuel up to the KSS?). I was thinking of doing a bit of reverse integration anyway, so my evac missions would require kerbals to be evacuated to your base (if they have it installed).

Mmm good idea I was also thinking on something with refueling stations but you should put some fuel capacity on the station to be able to refuel it or maybe the IRSU on the station and there convert. Also my bases are created anywhere so this integration should be made for mun an minmus only for now.

This looks awsome! You could disable the stock resource contracts and make contracts for your base. Like: Collect X units of ore and land them on kerbin.

Would be great if the contract could really verify that you obtained ore samples from a target planet and gave rewards accordingly, so extraplanetary rock samples would get a gazillion funds while those "mined" from the launchpad are rewarded with a 'scarlet letter' from KASA administration... lol

Maybe you could consider an additional mission for USI dependent contracts following successful Life Support contract completion? As I understand USILS, unless a base is mining both water and substrate, it will require deliveries of fertilizer on occasion. I could be wrong, but that seems like an excellent opportunity for a contract.

Would be great if the contract could really verify that you obtained ore samples from a target planet and gave rewards accordingly, so extraplanetary rock samples would get a gazillion funds while those "mined" from the launchpad are rewarded with a 'scarlet letter' from KASA administration... lol

Well yep if you do a secuence you can make obligatory that the player lands on x planet, then fill up his Ore, after that to get back to kerbin, all in order so he couldn't make cheating :D

Maybe you could consider an additional mission for USI dependent contracts following successful Life Support contract completion? As I understand USILS, unless a base is mining both water and substrate, it will require deliveries of fertilizer on occasion. I could be wrong, but that seems like an excellent opportunity for a contract.

Well that's UKS not USILS and I'm not really interested on making contrats for MKS because the bases work on a totaly different ways MKS with USILS can have a 100% self sufficiency. In my contract I ask the player to put a Greenhouse on the base and that only need mulch and EC to work but with MKS you have different ways to do it but I want this to be more stock if I support MKS is in a very basic way. I do support it but I doesn´t have any contract made just for it. I think someone was making a MKS contract pack I'll look for him :)

Edited by CosmoBro

Well that's UKS not USILS and I'm not really interested on making contrats for MKS because the bases work on a totaly different ways MKS with USILS can have a 100% self sufficiency. In my contract I ask the player to put a Greenhouse on the base and that only need mulch and EC to work but with MKS you have different ways to do it but I want this to be more stock if I support MKS is in a very basic way. I do support it but I doesn´t have any contract made just for it. I think someone was making a MKS contract pack I'll look for him :)

Lol, fair enough. I've never used USILS by itself. (I honestly never considered using it as an individual package >.< )

Any way we can get a hard mode where you have to dock them instead of just land them nearby, maybe with an extra cfg file

Mmm maybe, it is a very good idea, haven't thought on this. Maybe I'll do it for the create phases not the manteinance.

Not really a big deal,

I'm in VERY early career (only just orbited), and I've got a contract to scan for the base. Absolutely fine, except one of the parameters is "Must have a way of generating power" (RTG, Panels, Fuel Cell) - I actually don't have any of those unlocked yet, and the static panels are on the next tech node up. Maybe set requirements to not unlock until I can generate power?

Not really a big deal,

I'm in VERY early career (only just orbited), and I've got a contract to scan for the base. Absolutely fine, except one of the parameters is "Must have a way of generating power" (RTG, Panels, Fuel Cell) - I actually don't have any of those unlocked yet, and the static panels are on the next tech node up. Maybe set requirements to not unlock until I can generate power?

Oh ok I'll add a requirement for unlocking any of those for the next release tanks!

Regarding your poll, I tend to have refining on both the surface and in orbit. I use the one on the surface to produce the fuel to re-fuel the vessel that then takes ore up to the orbital facility. The one on the surface is usually a smaller set-up than the one in orbit.

Regarding your poll, I tend to have refining on both the surface and in orbit. I use the one on the surface to produce the fuel to re-fuel the vessel that then takes ore up to the orbital facility. The one on the surface is usually a smaller set-up than the one in orbit.

Which is why having the ore/fuel weight be the same for the "conservation of mass" argument is silly. Ore should be an order of magnitude heavier, and the the weight loss due to refining is handwaved away by saying the "ore dust" is released.

</ISRU rant>

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.