How do you stop playing KSP?

Dr Farnsworth

I got married. That helped a lot.

Not sure if I recommend it, though, it's a pretty expensive alternative.

Also works the other way around. Playing too much KSP will kill your marriage. Don't consider this as a warning but take it as an advice.

Only when it's 3AM and I don't have the mental strength to stay awake.

Like, no joke, i've tried to quit several times. It's just a part of me now. I've probably 3500 hours.

Apparently, you're not alone! Kasper recently highlighted this:

I got married. That helped a lot.

Yes, thanks to that I only play 2 hours every day...

I bought the game 2 years ago... I spend on this game more than any other in the past.

F5 and then Alt-F4

In Mac OSX F5 and then cmd+Q

I can't stop! 500 hours on the game now according to Steam (not all at one sitting). My eyes are tired, it's time to go to sleep. Actually it was time to go to sleep three hours ago. But I have to finish my landing on Duna...

Maybe there should be a support group for KSP addiction.

Usually the people become tired of this game after 500-600h. Probably SQUAD will have better statistics... If you are asking this now, is because you don't want to stop...

I find that if I play a game too much, I get sick of it and then won;t play it for about 6 months.

KSP is different.... I get tired of it, but I'm always back after a week or two. I blame Squad fro making such an awesome game. :)

I let it get to the point where a spacecraft I'm building take like 10 time to launch properly (without flipping over or having a stage separation failure that destroyed the rest of the rocket), and eventually I'd get frustrated enough to put the game down for a few hours Generally that's the only way i put the game down :P

I stop with the realization that if I don't get at least a few hours of sleep, I'll be useless at work.......and so I spend my day on the Forums until I can go home and play some more :)

Eyes red, vision blurry, starting to dehydrate, headache ensuing. But Valentina has been rescued...

The yard looks like a forest, I didn't brush my teeth, I lied about being sick at work. But my spaceplane can make it to my station now...

My wife asks me what I did blah blah blah in conversation, and I want to tell her about my trip to Duna in my new dropship...

Not a good sign for my waning sanity.

I bought a new 10 inch Dobsonian telescope so I can look at the REAL Saturn.

Failed.

Now I just stop Kerballing for an hour or so in the evening until I've looked over Saturn - and it's still too light to look at any deep-sky object here in the UK, so I go back and carry on making Bop landers!

Sorry - Can't help ya, mate.

• 6 years later...