What version of KSP are you running?

lodger

What version of KSP are you running?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What version of KSP are you running?

• KSP v 1.0.4
    • KSP v 1.0.3
    • KSP v 1.0.2
    • KSP v 1.0.1
    • KSP v 1.0
    • KSP v 0.90
    • KSP v 0.25
    • KSP v 0.24.x
    • KSP v 0.23.x
    • even older version

While reading various posts in this forum, I noticed that some people (like me) tend to stick to a certain version of KSP. Whatever the reasons, I'm curious to find out what version of KSP are *you* running?

Playing and learning 1.0.4, but I have copies of .90, 1.0, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 if I ever want to go back and take advantage of certain attributes of a version. Seriously considering going back to .90 and making ssto's but the load time is the greatest factor

I don't see any reason not to update. I just started a new career a few days prior to 1.0.3 being released, so any issues with ships is minimal for me. I had nothing in orbit and no space stations to worry about.

I bought the game when it was on 1.0.2 so I have no idea what earlier versions may have been like.

Usually completely restart with every version update, but have vanilla backup copies of every version since 0.23.5, and complete copies (save games and mods) of my most played games (0.25 and 0.90). Currently trying to find enough RL time to get seriously into 1.04.

Running KSP 1.0, being both lazy and not being really allowed to update anyway (Mac storage is low, and since I have to redownload from store, because launcher isn't working like with all Mac computers.) I do plan to start career when I go to 1.0.4

I updated to 1.0.4 when it was released and since it didn't break any of my crafts (even 1.0.3 didn't cause me any problems), perhaps because I don't have that many mods installed and all currently deployed crafts are using only stock parts, I stuck with it.

I currently have 3 separate installations of KSP:

1. An ongoing game with a lot of work invested in it is 1.0.2. This will not be updated until such time as newer versions of KSP have several major issues addressed and mods have a chance to catch up.
  2. 1.0.4 with both career and sandbox games.
  3. A 64-bit version using the community hack Unity 4.6.4. As the hack replaces the KSP.exe file with the Unity file, this doesn't have a KSP version number.

A 64-bit version using the community hack Unity 4.6.4. As the hack replaces the KSP.exe file with the Unity file, this doesn't have a KSP version number.

KSP.exe is always a Unity file, as I understand it. Which version did you modify?

My current installs:

Installs.png

I should ditch the 1.0.3 installs, I just had time to get them set up before 1.0.4 dropped. Mostly playing 1.0.4, plus I'm trying the Win64 community hack to form a personal opinion about its stability.

1.0.4. I always update soon after release as it make sense to me to run the latest version as that's the most 'finished' (in theory anyway). I only run KER and KAC as mods so no real issues in that department.

1.0.2. because I finally got to see all the mods updated and I don't have the time to wait another month of two. I'm not missing anything.

I feel the same way about the MODS since I run 1.0.4., they're all mostly working, I'm not missing anything. oh, and I'm practicing the newest version, with the minor drag changes.

The change log from 1.0.2 to 1.0.4 is significant.

I think the only mod that ISN'T working for me is ambient light adjustment, and maybe sciencealert - minor stuff.

After testing 1.0.4 with some mods, I've decided to stick with 1.0.2 for now. The heat/aero changes are causing issues with reentry on 2x solar system (KScale2) for me at least. I also have a RSS install that, as of this time, many of the mods haven't been updated... most importantly RO hasn't been updated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.