KSP Twitter- "We've got something planned later today"

Jodo42

Because I don't want useless soccer balls in my game by default, and I imagine many others don't either :P The asteroid one though makes more sense to integrate into the game, but it seems silly to release a new update for something so minor.

How dare you call football's useless! Now if only there was a kick animation...

Glad you guys are enjoying it, the telescope finding asteroids around some of the outer bodies, combined with ISRU asteroid harvesting and some good maneuvering can really open up some new options. The contract differs from the existing ones in that it's more focused on a more long-term, ongoing style of play focused on passive income, where you build infrastructure over time.

The first two objectives are optional, the only mandatory one is the scan, and that happens gradually over time when your Sentinel is deployed. Since a new one isn't required for each contract, deploying one allows you to repeatedly take these contracts for that body. All you have to do is accept them and wait for the scan to finish. That might take a while, but expanding your infrastructure with more Sentinels will speed up the scan. ;)

The parts are also super useful in sandbox play, so everybody gets a bit of gameplay out of the addon.

Why an official mod? Why not incorporate this into the game fully?

Edit: So I presume since this modpack is featuring the Klaw (at least in the logo for it) that perhaps they have fixed it? It loves to cause all sorts of Krakensian issues.

http://i.imgur.com/VL2C5yN.png

Edit 2: Are the backside connectors for the solar pannels supposed to be the color they are?

Edit 3: Thats some OP probecore right there!

http://i.imgur.com/o8t4Tvi.jpg

It's also a heavy probe core. Tho a bit lighter than if you built it our of discreet parts.

Glad you guys are enjoying it, the telescope finding asteroids around some of the outer bodies, combined with ISRU asteroid harvesting and some good maneuvering can really open up some new options. The contract differs from the existing ones in that it's more focused on a more long-term, ongoing style of play focused on passive income, where you build infrastructure over time.

The first two objectives are optional, the only mandatory one is the scan, and that happens gradually over time when your Sentinel is deployed. Since a new one isn't required for each contract, deploying one allows you to repeatedly take these contracts for that body. All you have to do is accept them and wait for the scan to finish. That might take a while, but expanding your infrastructure with more Sentinels will speed up the scan. ;)

The parts are also super useful in sandbox play, so everybody gets a bit of gameplay out of the addon.

Yeah, didn't even have to shift my Sentinel between the first and second contracts. Second gave me 700k funds, took about 160 days.

Finally you don't need to build mosaics out of the OX-STAT panels anymore. Don't get me wrong the other parts are great but i think the large static panel is really something that was missing from the game.

Playing around with the new parts now in sandbox. :)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Well, it seems I'm the odd one out, not being too excited about this.

There is a point I agree, however: The parts do look pretty; couldn't see them before from behind the workplace firewall. Congrats RoverDude on your second (third?) successful official modelling for SQUAD. You deserve the kudos.

It looks great and all, but shouldn't the mod be in Add-On Releases? I'm pretty sure that's where non-WIP mods go. Also, this thread seems to be the discussion thread for said mod in absence of a real thread for it.

If it's there, sorry, I just couldn't find it.

It looks great and all, but shouldn't the mod be in Add-On Releases? I'm pretty sure that's where non-WIP mods go. Also, this thread seems to be the discussion thread for said mod in absence of a real thread for it.

If it's there, sorry, I just couldn't find it.

Much of the discussion is going on in the release article comments.

Asteroids was my favorite arcade games of the eighties, if I would have know it would go back to zero after 9999999 I would have stopped, it was a real bummer to see zero and not able to put my name on the number one slot!....some old memories

Mapping is a continuous process, and the contracts should be available as soon as you have the tech unlocked.

Do I need to unlock all the parts, or just the camera? As mentioned, I'm scanning Duna but no contracts have been offered. :confused:

Do I need to unlock all the parts, or just the camera? As mentioned, I'm scanning Duna but no contracts have been offered. :confused:

I'm not sure, I'm only missing 3 nodes in my career game, the heaviest rocket nodes and the last electricity node, and I got them. Might need to refuse a few to get one to pop up.

So far I've seen two 2-star contracts and one 1-star, all for Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.