Modular Computer Package Continued

micha030201

The ultimate in mod integration for small vessels. Allows for "chips" to be attached that can have any number of gadget modules from other mods.

a2auod19t9hn.jpg

Download

Core part was retextured, it looks different now.

KIS storable:

zaz8t7ze80cd.jpg

Variety of board textures and shields:

bqv2sesejozs.jpg

Radially attachable slot:

efi5r2udc9q9.jpg

Great for rovers:

lwole83lg80z.jpg

Mod Support:

• Kerbal Inventory System
  • Graphotron
  • Tarsier Space Technology
  • B9
  • Firespitter
  • Kerbal Engineer
  • Kerbal Operating System
  • MechJeb
  • Remote Tech
  • KSP Interstellar (probably outdated)
  • TT-NeverUnload (certainly outdated)
  • ScanSat
  • I.D. Skillfull Weapons & Damage (probably outdated)

(You can still play without those mods, but you'll get more features if you have some of them)

Chips:

By original author:

• Accelerometer - Stock experiment in new form factor
  • Barometer - Stock experiment in new form factor
  • Gravitometer - Stock experiment in new form factor
  • FS trim - FireSpitter trim module
  • RemoteTech antenna
  • kOS module
  • B9 info module
  • SuperComputer - Some KSP Interstellar stuff
  • ScanSat tracking module
  • KerbalEngineer build module
  • KerbalEngineer flight module
  • MechJeb core
  • Some outdated stuff

By me:

• Battery
  • Graphotron graph plotter
  • TST hard drive
  • Science Storage - in case you don't have TST
  • Advanced SAS
  • Basic SAS
  • Science processing computer - uncrewed lab
  • Stock antenna

I don't have much more ideas about what to implement next. If you want me to make a new chip - post it in this thread.

More chips textures - post your suggestions

More chips - post your suggestions

More cores - as soon as I learn modeling

Convert textures to DDS - maybe someday

Make all chips require electricity and produce heat

Required mods:

License: CC-BY-NC-SA. Included in download.

Original mod by Colin Votier, this update by micha030201.

Credit to bac9 for Core textures.

Original thread

Edited by micha030201
More pics

Soo, was the problem with the apparent B9 texture-rip off solved or something? The last posts of the old thread was about that.

In anycase, if that got solved....how about the radiator? does it work with the current heat system?

Soo, was the problem with the apparent B9 texture-rip off solved or something?

I don't know. I didn't touch those textures. If moderator says me to give a credit I will.

Edit: problem is solved (I hope). I retextured the part using B9 texture and gave bac9 a credit.

How about the radiator? does it work with the current heat system?

The radiator was from Interstellar mod, go ask them. Commented out for now, I don't want to make Interstellar a dependency. You can uncomment if you like. I also commented out generator module, SAS and science container as there are now chips for them. It's meant to be expandable, not all-in-one.

Edited by micha030201

What about SAS functionality chips that you unlock in the techtree and you couldn add in the CPU?

Tier 0: SAS (default)

Tier 1: Prograde - Retrograde

Tier 2: Normal/Radial

Tier 3: Target tracking

Tier 4: Maneuver Node

Edited by MK3424

What about SAS functionality chips that you unlock in the techtree and you couldn add in the CPU?

Yes, it's possible, though I only plan to make 2 SAS chips - level 0 (the first one) and level 3 (the last one). Level 3 is already in download.

Placing any chips earlier the tech tree will require placing core earlier the tech tree, which will put it before the first stock probe core - Stayputnik. I don't want to do that. And there isn't enough nodes for that. Also, every SAS level requires a separate part, so by the time you unlock the latest one you will have 3 useless parts just lying around.

Good suggestion though, suggestions are always welcome. :)

Yes, it's possible, though I only plan to make 2 SAS chips - level 0 (the first one) and level 3 (the last one). Level 3 is already in download.

Placing any chips earlier the tech tree will require placing core earlier the tech tree, which will put it before the first stock probe core - Stayputnik. I don't want to do that. And there isn't enough nodes for that. Also, every SAS level requires a separate part, so by the time you unlock the latest one you will have 3 useless parts just lying around.

Good suggestion though, suggestions are always welcome. :)

Yeah, that seems fair.

...how about the radiator? does it work with the current heat system?

The radiator uses Interstellar's heat management plugin (which is handled very very differently than the stock system code-wise) so no, it won't work with the stock heat system.

You could probably make a card be a radiator in the stock system fairly easily, it just probably wouldn't be all that effective due to size.

You could probably make a card be a radiator in the stock system fairly easily, it just probably wouldn't be all that effective due to size.

I think I've done it. I just copied parameters from tail fins, so every card should radiate heat.

I don't know. I didn't touch those textures. If moderator says me to give a credit I will.

That's not so much a requirement of forum rules as a copyright law issue. Please verify that those are B9 textures, and then add license and credit as appropriate.

I PMed CSVoltage a while back when this first came up, here's the reply:

I've been away for a while.

So yes, I base my ascetics on B9 for the sake of visual continuity, but I do not "steal" any textures. The mos't I've done is sample the colors for my photoshop swatches pallet. The computer package in particular deviates heavily because it's based on the Antares avionics bay.

That said, the orange ring on the B9 parts and this part look identical to me, maybe a few shades different in color. I do see that CSVoltage posted today in other threads, might be worth bringing it up again in case I wasn't clear in my original PM. I tried PMing the person who runs B9 but it appears they're out of space for PMs. I'm curious if the B9 folks are the originators of the texture or if there's a common source they both used and thus this should be attributed to that source rather than B9.

That's not so much a requirement of forum rules as a copyright law issue. Please verify that those are B9 textures, and then add license and credit as appropriate.

I've already sent CSVoltage a message. Will keep you informed using PMs.

Yes, it's possible, though I only plan to make 2 SAS chips - level 0 (the first one) and level 3 (the last one). Level 3 is already in download...Also, every SAS level requires a separate part, so by the time you unlock the latest one you will have 3 useless parts just lying around.

Just as a note - you wouldn't have to have 3 useless parts lying around. You can upgrade the existing part you used earlier in the tree with the new functionality. For a reference, look at the MechJeb AR202. It's a single part that gains functionality as you open up more nodes along the tech tree. You could upgrade your level 0 SAS chip through the same kind of functionality until you reach the last node that has the level 3 SAS giving the small boosts along the way and you would still only be using a single part.

Just as a note - you wouldn't have to have 3 useless parts lying around. You can upgrade the existing part you used earlier in the tree with the new functionality. For a reference, look at the MechJeb AR202. It's a single part that gains functionality as you open up more nodes along the tech tree. You could upgrade your level 0 SAS chip through the same kind of functionality until you reach the last node that has the level 3 SAS giving the small boosts along the way and you would still only be using a single part.

Nope. MechJeb uses its own module to do that.

I PMed CSVoltage a while back when this first came up, here's the reply:

Thanks for answer. Though I don't know if moderators will be ok with that. I think I'll just retexture this part.

Edit: part retextured, now I know for sure it uses B9's textures.:)

Edited by micha030201

Hey there,

I'm looking to add this mod to CKAN, but I'm just trying to find out what's going on with all the duplicate files in the archive? Ex. "nodes_and_stuff.cfg" and there's also "nodes_and_stuff.cfg~".

Hey there,

I'm looking to add this mod to CKAN, but I'm just trying to find out what's going on with all the duplicate files in the archive? Ex. "nodes_and_stuff.cfg" and there's also "nodes_and_stuff.cfg~".

Oh. Sorry. It's Ubuntu messing up with backups because I create archive without closing file in the editor. Feel free to delete them. I will double check that in next releases.

Thanks for adding this to CKAN.

i'm sorry maybe its my english,and i don't understand,but what does this part do exactly?

i want to try this mod out,but i have no idea what's his purpose

Look, it's one big thing (core) and several small things (chips). You can put small things on a big thing to extend it's functionality.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.