Go Stock! (Movement to integrate the asteroid day mod into stock)

Should the Asteroid mod be stock?  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Asteroid mod be stock?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Other! Please post.

I voted no because it is too non stockalike. The probe core and panels I could see fitting in but the telescope doesn't look kerbal enough. Maybe with a different colour scheme.

Yeah, it could use a new paint job. But that doesn't mean that some form of it shouldn't be stock.

I voted no because it is too non stockalike. The probe core and panels I could see fitting in but the telescope doesn't look kerbal enough. Maybe with a different colour scheme.

Almost all of RoverDude's parts are non stockalike, even the ones in the game. So maybe it is part of the new stockalike?

Yeah, it could use a new paint job. But that doesn't mean that some form of it shouldn't be stock.

Just recoloring it to look a bit more "kerbal" and fit better with the stock parts shouldn't be too difficult. Though I wouldn't actually be against some variation in the stock parts.

Replicated the mission yesterday from the payload of my Shuttle, Felt awesome when the contract came up and I was already in position to map satelites in Kerbin's orbit. Great addition to the game for sure because it made me feel like I had done a "Good Thing" with my space program instead of the usual science because SCIENCE motivations...

Go stock! I agree so much! I think that it looks good in stock, and the HECS-2 is amazing for 2.5m ships when in a service bay. OX-STAT XL is a lifesaver, telescope fun and the HG-55 antenna looks awesome.

What's wrong with the Asteroid Day mod being a mod?

It'll eventually break when they update the game but not the mod. Or, at least, it'll require a redownload.

Any ships using the parts won't be "stock" even though they're only using Squad parts.

It'll eventually break when they update the game but not the mod. Or, at least, it'll require a redownload.

Any ships using the parts won't be "stock" even though they're only using Squad parts.

I think the intent was to get people into the modded scene, as it extends the base game quite a bit (like actually adding in some end game with the balanced warp drives, and MKS/OKS + EPLP providing a way to colonize the system)

Go stock! I agree so much! I think that it looks good in stock, and the HECS-2 is amazing for 2.5m ships when in a service bay. OX-STAT XL is a lifesaver, telescope fun and the HG-55 antenna looks awesome.

Great! Welcome!

I think every "official mod" should be stock. They are from family! Indirect.

Or not.

space soccer should really really not be stock.

Yes, the world cup mod is the only other official mod, and it is a bit silly.

I don't care much about the telescope and the core, but the game sorely lacks larger fixed panels.

Exactly, I've been finding so many uses for them. For example:

Larger rovers, where you don't want to spam RTGs or smaller panels.

done. Especially the antenna. I've been wanting one for ages without using Infernal Robotics

The antenna's great!

I saw the sig and thought it was some kind of movement to eradicate mods.

I hope it isn't to unclear.

Go stock!

It's a lovely mod, but I don't think it belongs in stock.

In my opinion, several of the awesome mechanics from it should be made stock, where they would mesh beautifully with other features to be detailed in my upcoming career suggestions/overhaul/ragepost thread.

which would be mitigated with steam workshop for us steam users, but alas =/

In my opinion, several of the awesome mechanics from it should be made stock, where they would mesh beautifully with other features to be detailed in my upcoming career suggestions/overhaul/ragepost thread.

I cant subscribe till you post it mate.

...not everybody has this game on Steam and Squad will never give out free Steam keys for people who bought the game elsewhere :)

Which I acknowledged ;-). It would be a nice option though and completely optional on the mod maker's part anyway. But because of Squad's insistence on not supporting Workshop, even modders who might like to use it can't =/

It's a lovely mod, but I don't think it belongs in stock.

Well, I really like that solar panel, but I think stock telescopes are long overdue.

DuoDex starting a ragepost thread? Our "what do you love about KSP" guy? It's the end of the world. Anyway, I'm sure it will be thoughtful and nice.